Dune: Part Two (2023)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hell yeah. Buddy and I found a huge stash of Playboys. He took most of them because they were near his house and I wasn't about to lug a shit load of magazines home.

But that May 1994 edition is burned into my brain. Shae Marks was the playmate and Elle Mcpherson on the cover with a spread on the inside. I think it also had a girls of the PAC10 or something in there too. But that may have been a different one.
Friend found his step dad's box of like 50+ nudie mags when we were kids. They were hidden in a box in the corner of the attic, under a bunch of boxes. His dad was a bit of an ass (in our eyes) so I don't think he ever took any of them down, and risked getting caught, but it's always been a reminder that what ever you think you have hidden well, it's probably not good enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Come Here Shai Hulud GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

A repost that makes my pecker go thump-thump-thump.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Dune Wow GIF
Timothee Chalamet Walk GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures
War Attack GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures
Timothee Chalamet Dune GIF by Regal

Must. See. One. More. Time.
Lisan. Al. Gaib.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
This was terrible. Part 1 ended too early and wasn't good at all. Part 2 started slow, and then just shoved everything in at the end. They could have milked a 3rd movie from the ending if they were going to do that.

It had no gravitas, like when he drank the water of life there was barely any suspense. We just flew through the ending, it felt very rushed. The acting was not good, which is fine, but there was nothing else cool either. You don't feel like he's a dude on the path to godhood and there is no depth. David Lynch or the made for tv stuff did it better.

• 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can only live so long. It is kind of odd Gurney stays away from it. Im terrible at remembering. I barely remember any other death to come

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did Vile new wavey ever explain why he didn't just keep the Fremen speaking English? Like did he have some faggoty auteur justification about how it would make the movie better (it did not) or was it just some respect for indigenous trash kind of thing?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This was terrible. Part 1 ended too early and wasn't good at all. Part 2 started slow, and then just shoved everything in at the end. They could have milked a 3rd movie from the ending if they were going to do that.

It had no gravitas, like when he drank the water of life there was barely any suspense. We just flew through the ending, it felt very rushed. The acting was not good, which is fine, but there was nothing else cool either. You don't feel like he's a dude on the path to godhood and there is no depth. David Lynch or the made for tv stuff did it better.
I haven't watched it; waiting on the 4k that just shipped but I don't think I am going to have the unadulterated praise that so many seem to have if they make it such that Paul is "in on the missionaria protectiva con" and using the Fremen rather truly being immersed in their culture and adopting their ways. Paul's failure wasn't that he used the Fremen but rather he couldn't walk the Path. Making Chani a doubter dangerously seems to, without seeing it, walk the line of Girlboss. It's a huge, unnecessary "modern audience" change, lessening Paul and enhancing Chani for a Dune Messiah movie.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Did Vile new wavey ever explain why he didn't just keep the Fremen speaking English? Like did he have some faggoty auteur justification about how it would make the movie better (it did not) or was it just some respect for indigenous trash kind of thing?

Clearly no other sci-fi film has invented languages to portray alien races and civilisations. It is far more realistic to have every alien species speaking American English.

Did Tolkien have some "faggoty author justification" about inventing Elvish?

What was D&D excuse for hiring someone to invent Dothraki and Valyrian for Game of Thrones?

What about all the alien species in Star Wars? George Lucas sure was a fag!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't watched it; waiting on the 4k that just shipped but I don't think I am going to have the unadulterated praise that so many seem to have if they make it such that Paul is "in on the missionaria protectiva con" and using the Fremen rather truly being immersed in their culture and adopting their ways. Paul's failure wasn't that he used the Fremen but rather he couldn't walk the Path. Making Chani a doubter dangerously seems to, without seeing it, walk the line of Girlboss. It's a huge, unnecessary "modern audience" change, lessening Paul and enhancing Chani for a Dune Messiah movie.
In the movie it more felt like Chani was fighting her feelings for an outsider than being a girl boss. She got dunked on too, so she didn’t end up a winner. I’m not looking forward to watching her pouting angry face for the entirety of the third movie.

The movie did make Paul out as using the Fremen, but also portrayed it as respecting them and respecting how much they believed in him. Like he knew he had to use them but didn’t want to. Jessica came off as purely manipulative and using them. Idk how she was in the book but I thought it did a good job of showing how dedicated the Bene Geserit are to their mission.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

Its not so much she is a doubter, I think even her by the end of the flight between Paul and Feyd she was all in on him, but the second she realized he would use everyone including her to get what he wants she was just flat done. I really don't hater that change, its not a girl boss thing to say fuck you when the person you love goes off to marry the space queen. Like okay I get it, the point of the book was everyone was so all in on Paul that he did whatever the fuck he wanted, but god damn did it make Chani useless in Messiah (Padme had a better arc in RoTS and George essentially just copied Messiah Chani to Padme for that shit ass movie).

With them probably not doing the Tleilaxu and clone Duncan in the next one theres gotta be shit going on, so letting the character that got dicked over have more agency as she watches her people cleanse the universe is fine.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Siliconemelons

So was the stuff about concubines being the real wife’s stuff in the sci-fi children of dune all bull?

Via the sci fi mini series stuff i always counted his marriage to space queen as a kind of duty thing

Sterling

El Presidente
So was the stuff about concubines being the real wife’s stuff in the sci-fi children of dune all bull?

Via the sci fi mini series stuff i always counted his marriage to space queen as a kind of duty thing
The concubines as real wives thing is that the concubines are the love matches and the marriages are political/duty things.