Home Improvement

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We withdrew an offer on a home because during the inspection our realtor was like “Hey, go pull your truck in to the garage just to be sure.” That thing didn’t have a chance in hell of fitting. Some noped out of that. Guy tried to sue us for backing out but whatever. He got over it and still sold the house in a day as soon as he dried his vagina and re-listed.

Even the house we settled on can just barely fit the 1500 and it takes very careful maneuvering. Only time I bothered was when we had a big hail storm come through. Otherwise her car gets the garage, truck lives in the driveway.

That has been near the top of our list for the next home when we build.

Burns

Dude, you would need like a Smart car or golf cart to fit in that "3 car garage." You could have maybe squeezed in a Honda civic. Even considering this a 3 car garage was a stretch. It's more like a 2 car garage with extension.

Dope for motorcycles though if I had one. I can't even fit my truck in the main part of the garage, and its not lifted or anything gay like that.
The picture must make it look larger than it is because it looks like a bunch of 2 seater sports cars could fit (backed in) if the cabinets weren't there (Porsche, Vette, Miata, Z4, Lotus, etc). You have the measurements off hand, so we can all ponder what the fuck the builder was thinking?

I guess it's Texas, where something like 50%+ of the population doesn't park any of their cars in the garage, so builders can get away with a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited:

Burns

Also, if anyone wants to maximize parking space and get close to perfect parking alignment, get some lasers to put on the celling or hang a tennis balls, to tell you when you're in far enough. They are easier than floor stops since those become trip hazards when the cars are out of the garage.

2024-05-18 11.23.41 i0.wp.com 1772a9452708.png

2024-05-18 11.24.25 allgaragefloors.com 94a8d49cc762.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The picture must make it look larger than it is because it looks like a bunch of 2 seater sports cars could fit (backed in) if the cabinets weren't there (Porsche, Vette, Miata, Z4, Lotus, etc). You have the measurements off hand, so we can all ponder what the fuck the builder was thinking?

I guess it's Texas, where something like 50%+ of the population doesn't park any of their cars in the garage, so builders can get away with a bunch of bullshit.
You could certainly squeeze in a Miata or something. But it would be a tight fit. I'll find the measurements in a bit. The overall garage is big but the door to the third garage is like tiny. Extremely tiny. So that is the bottleneck for getting something in there.

I'm 6'3 and I wear size 15 shoes. Miatas or anything like that are simply out of the question. If the car isn't at least a foot or two off the ground its straight uncomfortable for me to get into. With the kids and stuff my woman wants a Rav4 or Kia Sportster this year so we would never make use of the space. I refuse to buy a dumbass golf cart I would never use.

I just do not understand how they sell it as a 3 car garage. Any normal car would have a hell of a time getting in there. Most people don't have sports cars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

You could certainly squeeze in a Miata or something. But it would be a tight fit. I'll find the measurements in a bit. The overall garage is big but the door to the third garage is like tiny. Extremely tiny. So that is the bottleneck for getting something in there.

I'm 6'3 and I wear size 15 shoes. Miatas or anything like that are simply out of the question. If the car isn't at least a foot or two off the ground its straight uncomfortable for me to get into. With the kids and stuff my woman wants a Rav4 or Kia Sportster this year so we would never make use of the space. I refuse to buy a dumbass golf cart I would never use.

I just do not understand how they sell it as a 3 car garage. Any normal car would have a hell of a time getting in there. Most people don't have sports cars.
Dude I knew in high school was exactly your size (just double checked his height) and drove a Miata almost every day. I'm not sure I ever saw the top up on it and it was funny seeing his head sticking up slightly higher than the windshield.