Spring 2024 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oshi no Ko had a crazy emotional first episode that was like 90 minutes long. But the rest of the series wasn't nearly as strong. I still enjoyed the show, but god damn was episode 1 a banger.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If we are being honest the most fucked up thing in anime will always be Nina Tucker in FMA. That's like Dear Zachary levels of "I wish I never saw this".

The remake softened it by not letting the audience get to know the family as much before it happens but the original is fucking horrifying

And the japs are so fucked up they try to recreate with things like Made in Abyss and Promised Neverland

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Being an old millennial and child of the 80/90s... when you talk about peak lady elf... there are two that really set the stage...

1715632283638.png

and
1715632472899.png

Kinda mad I cannot really find any pics from the OG Bastard OVA only the less awesome Netflix one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If we are being honest the most fucked up thing in anime will always be Nina Tucker in FMA. That's like Dear Zachary levels of "I wish I never saw this".

The remake softened it by not letting the audience get to know the family as much before it happens but the original is fucking horrifying

And the japs are so fucked up they try to recreate with things like Made in Abyss and Promised Neverland
100%. Nina really messed with my head in my youth. And the original series was in January of '02, so I was 20 at the time. But still, monstrosity of a father.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
FMAB had some good scenes that stay with ya.

Nina, Mustang incinerating envy, it's a bad day for rain, Pride's death, the whole last couple episodes were packed with emotions as well.

FMAB is such a fucking good show.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Jesus Christ I'm never watching the original, that was fucked up enough in FMAB.

Oshi no Ko had a crazy emotional first episode that was like 90 minutes long. But the rest of the series wasn't nearly as strong. I still enjoyed the show, but god damn was episode 1 a banger.
Guess what else that mangaka wrote?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just the best rom com in history of anime.

The one xarpo won't watch cause he's a stubborn retard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider

Made in Abyss is absolutely horrific. The potato main cast pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. I'm still flabbergasted they showed it on adult swim. I can only assume they edited quite a bit out.

Fadaar

That guy
Made in Abyss is absolutely horrific. The potato main cast pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. I'm still flabbergasted they showed it on adult swim. I can only assume they edited quite a bit out.

I dunno, TV rules have loosened up a LOT over the years. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing got cut, don't remember any actual nudity and that's about the only thing that'd get edited in anime.