The Fast Food Thread

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
It's funny that everyone focuses on McDonald's prices, but Wendy's and BK have easily outpaced them in my area. Like I can get 2 Big Macs, without app coupon, for less than a Baconator. With the app coupon I am paying like 6 bucks for 2 Big Macs.
McD and BK are unaffordable without the apps. The employees lead with "will you be using your app today?"

If not- go get real food. A good diner will get you 4 or 5 course meal for under $20. Not getting that at any fast food place lately. Especially without the apps.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
10pc nugget combo from Wendy's is $10. Large 1-topping pizza from Pizza Hut is the same price and Dominos is a bit cheaper than that. Amount of food vs the cost is definitely being weighed once you go over $10 as quality becomes less of a decider. Because if the quality isn't 7/10 at a minimum no one is shopping there any more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
Had a baconator a few days ago and thought it tasted off. Figured it was just a bad night in the kitchen, now it makes much more sense.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I haven't seen it yet to try. Hopefully it is better than the strawberries and cream.
Strawberrys and cream was just too strong. The coconut flavor is much more mild, and it works really well with drp. If you like coconut anything it'll probably be a win.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's funny that everyone focuses on McDonald's prices, but Wendy's and BK have easily outpaced them in my area. Like I can get 2 Big Macs, without app coupon, for less than a Baconator. With the app coupon I am paying like 6 bucks for 2 Big Macs.
wendys gives me memberberries of being in college w/ a real $1 menu for 8-10dollars me and the wife could be fed like kings, then a fattie showed us he likes to dip his fries in the frosty so we had to get that too!

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
1715787713807.png

These literally taste like a high school chemistry lab

rad

Lord of Guk
That sucks

Jah... it was one my favorites for a drive-thru burger. RIP

The whole industry has lost the plot, the cost isn't worth it anymore. I realize this is driven by much larger forces that are buttfucking the dollar into the ground but enough is enough.

GNmWUUiW0AA8iv8.jpg

I find myself eating out far less, on the positive side though, smoker is getting a lot of love.

20240502_212256.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm the only one at work that doesn't have my phone loaded down with fast food apps. I don't want fast food to be an easy option since I meal prep the majority of my meals. Eating out is a social thing for me, so regular restaurants in my area are a better option. And the food is the same cost as modern fast food.

• 1Like