12 Monkeys The Series [Syfy]

Goatface

Last year, Syfy ordered a 90-minute pilot for the small-screen adaptation of 12 Monkeys, the 1995 Terry Gilliam sci-fi film starring Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. The pilot must have impressed, because 12 Monkeys is officially going to series.

Syfy announced that they have ordered an additional 12 episodes for the series, in addition to the pilot. Atlas Entertainment, the production company behind the 12 Monkeys movie, will produce the show.

Starring Amanda Schull (Suits), Kirk Acevedo (Fringe) and Nikita alums Aaron Stanford and Noah Bean, 12 Monkeys "follows the journey of a time traveler (Stanford) from the post-*apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race."

Nikita writers Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett ... wrote the pilot and will co-executive produce the series with Natalie Chaidez (Heroes), who will serve as executive producer and showrunner. Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights) directed and served as executive producer on the pilot.
rrr_img_64226.jpg
rrr_img_64227.jpg

couple other places are saying Aaron Stanford is playing James Cole same as Bruce Willis in the movie, so guess they are going to try the same thing that Rodriguez is doing with From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The original movie was definitely slow, but it took me a couple viewings to really appreciate it. I have zero interest in what is most likely going to a much worse TV show.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Took me ages to figure out who the woman right at the end was who said 'I'm in Insurance'. I think I got that on 3rd viewing. Mind blown.

Szlia

You guys do know 12 Monkeys was already a remake right? It's based on a 1962 short film by Chris Marker calledLa jet?e (The Jetty). I found several version of it with spanish subtitles on youTube but none with english subtitles
frown.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was on TCM a few months ago and i tried watching it. i didnt get 5 minutes into it. if you like it, congrats. more power to you.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
You guys do know 12 Monkeys was already a remake right? It's based on a 1962 short film by Chris Marker calledLa jet?e (The Jetty). I found several version of it with spanish subtitles on youTube but none with english subtitles
frown.png
If you're able to watch La jetee I also highly recommend it. I've seen many short films, but without going into specifics most of them are just terrible. To the non-short film person, I have only one film to recommend, that's La jetee.

But be sure to watch it with original audio and subtitles, there is an English dubbed version I saw that I don't advise watching. The change loses a lot. The difference is that the original dialogue is spoken with a close hushed voice, so it feels like it is whispered in your ear, hearing that and reading the subtitles works. The Dubbed English version doesn't do that.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't remember the last time I saw a sci-fi channel original show that I actually liked. If I remember correctly, even SG1 started in one of those regular networks. Pretty sure they can take any concept and shit the bed.

Edit: Just remembered battlestar galactica. That was probably just a fluke. Are the creators of the show still working with scifi?