• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kroenen

Regimen Morum
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 4 Votes
Title: 1883

Genre: Western, Drama

First aired: 2021-12-19

Creator: Taylor Sheridan

Cast: Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Isabel May, LaMonica Garrett, Marc Rissmann, Audie Rick, Eric Nelsen, James Landry Hébert

Overview: Follow the Dutton family as they embark on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America. A stark retelling of Western expansion, and an intense study of one family fleeing poverty to seek a better future in America’s promised land — Montana.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great start to the show. Sam Elliott always delivers as the crusty fuck old man.

Only complaint so far is how awful the daughters accent is. And the armpit hair part was dumb.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isabel May is just cute af in this.

Isabel-May1.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Taylor Sheridan is pretty much a must watch for me. Hadn't even heard of this but I'll give it a shot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

The director, the cast, the guest appearances - insane. Hell, it has Sam Elliot, Billy Bob Thornton, Tom Hanks, Tim McGraw and his wife and more - someone laid down a fat wad of cash for this show.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Will it include how racist 1883 was as well?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Will it include how racist 1883 was as well?
It's a funny comment so I just felt like including it. I'm sure they'll include whatever. Two things they aren't including. Horse shit piled up in the streets and filthy clothes.

• 2Like

Daidraco

It's a funny comment so I just felt like including it. I'm sure they'll include whatever. Two things they aren't including. Horse shit piled up in the streets and filthy clothes.
Ha, thats what I said to my g/f last night. Isabel May was herding all day and looked pristine afterwards. My family owns beef and dairy cows and a quarter horse training stable - I get dirty just walking around there.

The only thing I've seen close to racism so far has been the hatred towards gypsies. I've never really read up on the root causes of why people hated Gypsies back in the day outside of people just saying they steal a lot. Which this series pointed out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Racism back then wasn't what you imagined it was, at least not everywhere. I'm not saying this is you but too many people think racism was brutal and everywhere. I'm sure they'll deal with it eventually.

One branch off my family was from Germany and immigrated here during that time period. I'm almost certain they didn't even waste a minute of time worrying about someone's color as much as what that someone would do. How do I know that? I happen to know they dealt directly with free black folks and it wasn't a big deal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really enjoying this through the first three episodes. I feel like I haven't really ever seen a movie or tv show dealing with wagon train settlers. There's probably something I just never watched like Little House on the Prairie or Little Women that might have been like that, but I don't believe I was ever the demographic for that.

Neither my wife nor I really got into Yellowstone (I said it was gorgeous, but didn't really grab me), but I'm wondering if I maybe didn't give it a fair shot.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Really enjoying this through the first three episodes. I feel like I haven't really ever seen a movie or tv show dealing with wagon train settlers. There's probably something I just never watched like Little House on the Prairie or Little Women that might have been like that, but I don't believe I was ever the demographic for that.

Neither my wife nor I really got into Yellowstone (I said it was gorgeous, but didn't really grab me), but I'm wondering if I maybe didn't give it a fair shot.
Yellowstone is the guiding light young and the restless of westerns.

1883 starts with lonesome dove and does a better job showing lonesome dove the book in tv form than the lonesome dove series did in the 80s.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I'm just wondering if the dutch girl by the river had Dysentery. If so, that would be straight up Oregon Trail lol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I was going to say too, growing up with the Oregon Trail game (wife and I both fall in the Oregon Trail generation), maybe this is like finally seeing it in motion over 30 years later.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
All the Dutch got the Hershey squirts finding out that you don't drink straight from the river in Texas. I said it in the Yellowstone thread but I really like the girl's voice over even if her accent is questionable. Really well written. Sam Elliot is turning into such an asshole he's in danger of becoming the villain of the show.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, I was going to say too, growing up with the Oregon Trail game (wife and I both fall in the Oregon Trail generation), maybe this is like finally seeing it in motion over 30 years later.
Oregon Trail: the original survival game. Four decades old and still evocative.

Thing's due for a modern remake too. Is there a rust/ark type survival game based on the Oregon Trail that I've missed somehow? Like a 3D Rimworld but instead of cannibal cyborg rape swarms you get Native Americans.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was telling my dad about this show and he said it sounds just like his grandparents story except they settled in fort worth. They were Germans that went from new york to texas.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oregon Trail: the original survival game. Four decades old and still evocative.

Thing's due for a modern remake too. Is there a rust/ark type survival game based on the Oregon Trail that I've missed somehow? Like a 3D Rimworld but instead of cannibal cyborg rape swarms you get Native Americans.
There’s an Oregon trail remake that came out last year. My sister loves it, I haven’t checked it out yet.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database