• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kroenen

Regimen Morum
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 5 Votes
Title: 1899

Genre: Mystery, Drama

Creator: Baran bo Odar, Jantje Friese

Cast: Emily Beecham, Aneurin Barnard, Andreas Pietschmann, Miguel Bernardeau, Maciej Musiał, Anton Lesser, Lucas Lynggaard Tønnesen, Rosalie Craig, Clara Rosager, Maria Erwolter, Yann Gael, Mathilde Ollivier, José Pimentão, Isabella Wei, Gabby Wong, Jonas Bloquet, Fflyn Edwards, Alexandre Willaume

Overview: On a migrant steamship heading west to leave the old continent from London to New York, the passengers, a mixed bag of European origins, are united by their hopes and dreams for the new century and their future abroad. When they discover another migrant ship adrift on open sea, their journey takes an unexpected turn. What they find on board will turn their passage to the promised land into a horrifying nightmare.

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
nope. not watching that. netflix 'trailers' are usually just an entire plot summary

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
From just the first episode - at first I was thinking - great cinematography, extremely atmospheric, a bit slow. At the end of the first episode I was thinking, 'What the Actual Fuck'

LOL.

I hope the rest of it is as entertaining.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From just the first episode - at first I was thinking - great cinematography, extremely atmospheric, a bit slow. At the end of the first episode I was thinking, 'What the Actual Fuck'

LOL.

I hope the rest of it is as entertaining.
First episode was damn good! Hope this continues. I have a lot of faith given the creators.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, unlike a lot of shows, they released the whole season at once. This will be binged. I smiled when I saw the captain. The actor played "The Stranger" in Dark.

I at first thought they were on the Prometheus. This will be fun trying to figure out what the actual fuck is going on. The only thing I have is that this is in somebody's mind. I kind of hope that is not the case.

Juvarisx

Florida
This is the most mystery box show i've ever watched. Seriously it out mystery boxed Lost somehow. What is did in the process however was make mystery boxes work amazingly well. I have no real complaints about the show other the the intro music. There is something to be said when the intro music matches the tone of the show and Dark's did it perfectly. White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane is a fine song, but it has no place on this show. Its really weird too because the rest of the score of the show is as good as Dark's ever was.

Oh and don't watch this dubbed, its mulilingual and its all the better for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So, unlike a lot of shows, they released the whole season at once. This will be binged. I smiled when I saw the captain. The actor played "The Stranger" in Dark.

I at first thought they were on the Prometheus. This will be fun trying to figure out what the actual fuck is going on. The only thing I have is that this is in somebody's mind. I kind of hope that is not the case.

Great just came here to ask this

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This is the most mystery box show i've ever watched. Seriously it out mystery boxed Lost somehow. What is did in the process however was make mystery boxes work amazingly well. I have no real complaints about the show other the the intro music. There is something to be said when the intro music matches the tone of the show and Dark's did it perfectly. White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane is a fine song, but it has no place on this show. Its really weird too because the rest of the score of the show is as good as Dark's ever was.

Oh and don't watch this dubbed, its mulilingual and its all the better for it.
Is it just a one season deal? Or do you just mean it does a good job answering the questions posed during the first season?

Juvarisx

Florida
Is it just a one season deal? Or do you just mean it does a good job answering the questions posed during the first season?

I was quite satisfied with how it wrapped up but if they wanted to do a second season its very possible and works within the confines of the show and what you have seen.

I trust these creators to make it work. They want to make this multi seasons like Dark if Netflix wants more, and I really hope they do.

Looking at the RT scores for this this appears to be suffering from critics who haven't watched it all. Its gets better and more fucked as it goes, stick with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane is a fine song, but it has no place on this show.

I just watched the first episode. Clearly a song from the 60s doesn't fit the time era the show takes place in

I can only assume the choice was intentional in order to foreshadow the plot development or similar

TV show information provided by The Movie Database