1917 (2019)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: 1917 (2019)

Tagline: Time is the enemy

Genre: War, Drama, History

Director: Sam Mendes

Cast: George MacKay, Dean-Charles Chapman, Mark Strong, Richard Madden, Andrew Scott, Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth, Daniel Mays, Adrian Scarborough, Chris Walley, Nabhaan Rizwan, Jamie Parker, Tommy French

Release: 2019-12-25

Plot: 1917 takes place during World War I. The full plot is unknown at this time.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I lost interest in Sam Mendes when he started doing Bond movies. They just aren't my thing.

He has my attention again.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, that trailer was a full blown erection. Tons of very obvious Dunkirk vibes, all about that.

Juvarisx

Florida
So this movie is going to be a real time one continuous shot, done by Roger Dekins...hollllllllllllllllly shit

• 6Mother of God
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

Siliconemelons

I after the children of men thing- I always wanted to do an entire movie one shot... but well- I am no screamfeeder so... lol

If this is truely one shot....wowowo

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That video shows and mentions there being multiple “scenes” being shot, so not sure how they are going about whole movie thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That video shows and mentions there being multiple “scenes” being shot, so not sure how they are going about whole movie thing.

I believe only one feature length movie has been shot as a true one-shot.

I would assume this would be done like Birdman, where the end product that we watch is "one-shot" but it is a bunch of super long shots stitched at strategic points. Still ends up super cool since you don't have a ton of "shot-reverse shot" and quick cuts and other editing nonsense to stitch together multiple takes. Either the take is perfect, or its in the trash.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Errrf, WW1 movies are tough to stomach, if they are going to be accurate the fighting was so much more gruesome and demoralizing than WW2 combat. Blood is blood and dead is dead, but shit was more cruel and inhumane that anything before or since.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Errrf, WW1 movies are tough to stomach, if they are going to be accurate the fighting was so much more gruesome and demoralizing than WW2 combat. Blood is blood and dead is dead, but shit was more cruel and inhumane that anything before or since.

The first adaptation of All Quiet on the Western Front from 1930 has an extended battle that was so fucking long, loud and violent that I taken aback by it.

I guess back then they didn't even know to tone it down a bit for audiences.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
The first adaptation of All Quiet on the Western Front from 1930 has an extended battle that was so fucking long, loud and violent that I taken aback by it.

I guess back then they didn't even know to tone it down a bit for audiences.

yeah I remember that scene and the scene with Kirk Douglass in "Paths of Glory" They pulled no punches with either scene.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That sounds like one of the flashback story lines in Highlander : The Raven. But I guess that wasn't exactly an uncommon story in WW1. "We have intel that the germans are about to attack, so hand carry orders for them to GTFO. "

In H:TR, Amanda stole the orders and the commander didn't believe the courier when he arrived.

Oh and it looks like a good movie. Can't hardly wait.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watch out for articles about how there's a lack of stronk women or lack of blacks in this movie.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database