1982 Tron vs 2010 Tron thread

Jx3

Riddle me this...
There you go, quit fagging up the TMNT thread. Michael Bay can fag it up all by himself.

Also 1982 > 2010 for story
2010 > 1982 for soundtrack.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Tron 2 is shit because they didn't call it Tron 10.
The only redeeming values are Daft Punk, Olivia wilde, the dude, and Michael Sheen hamming it up.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
They should just abandon future Tron scripts and focus on the awesomeness of Tron:Uprising

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rules changing from one movie to another kind of hurt. In the first movie a human "could" be derezzed. There was no blood. I suppose computer advancements could explain why blood could then be simulated, but it just threw the movie off for me to see it. The older movie felt more creative despite the lack of today's effects capabilities. The world in the older movie felt more like a person was inside a computer program as opposed to just being in a future based world. The main actor sucked in 2010 and despite the good acting from Michael Sheen, his character felt pushed. Users seemed weaker in the new version but that could just be attributed to being new in the world and having had CLU help make the world.

The first movie had a better sense of timing and did not feel rushed. The second movie felt as if it were trying to tell to many smaller stories at once. I actually think that TRON would make a descent Showtime/HBO format that could do a lot better for character development.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Tron 2 is shit because they didn't call it Tron 10.
The only redeeming values are Daft Punk, Olivia wilde, the dude, and Michael Sheen hamming it up.
The visuals in Tron 2 are stunning. The CGI used for Jeff Bridges is cool. Other than that, I agrree with Caliane. The story was really awful.

Still, it was fun to watch.

The first movie is a classic and was way ahead of it's time, plus the story was superb.

Are you really fucking griping about someone posting a tangent in a TMNT thread?

Szlia

I saw some bits of 1982 Tron two days ago and it seriously did not age well at all. Obviously the special effects and blue screen tech are dated, but the real problems are ugly visual design, some very cheap costumes and really a 'bunch of buddies having fun in their backyard' level of stunts. I can't say much about the plot though.

I remember being very pleasantly surprised by Tron 2.0 even if you want to slap the male lead the whole way through.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tron 2010 was a massive piece of shit that should never have been made.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How the fuck is this even a question

olivia-wilde-tron-legacy-couch.jpg

olivia-wilde-as-quorra-in-tron-legacy-production-still-hq-olivia-wilde-tron-789810625.jpg

Olivia-Wilde-In-Tron-900x1600.jpg

Olivia-Wilde-as-Quorra-in-Tron-Legacy-olivia-wilde-22614900-1360-768.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looking up Megan Fox's cervix didn't make Transformers any less of a shit movie.

megan-fox-transformers-2.jpg
When I saw that movie in theaters and that scene played, every dumb bro whistled and yelled at the screen. No one did that in Tron 2 when Olivia was sitting on the couch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I saw that movie in theaters and that scene played, every dumb bro whistled and yelled at the screen. No one did that in Tron 2 when Olivia was sitting on the couch.
Tron 2 was too cerebral to interest dumb bros, hence no whistling.

Also the Megan Fox scene is a bit more gratuitous.

Szlia

By this metric, the best film ever is Jeanne et le gar?on formidable (Jeanne and the perfect guy) a french musical about AIDS from the late '90s. The film stars the amazingly beautiful Virgine Ledoyen (that you might have seen in The Beach by Danny Boyle with Di Caprio) and at time there were audible gasps in the crowd.

nU4TWDa.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So you are saying that Transformers is a better movie than Tron 2?
Well the highlight of Tron 2 certainly wasnt Olivia Wilde in her skin tight suit. On the otherhand the high light of Transformers 2 was that scene.