2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How are they retarded? The most important position in sports, and he's GOOD. They would be retarded not to sign him. The dude rode out his contract. Never was an issue. He's one of the NFL's good guys, and recognizable. Pay his ass.

Because now they won't have cap room to be competitive.

But hey, he's a nice guy so who cares about winning?

• 2Cutler
  • 1Fumble
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Because now they won't have cap room to be competitive.

But hey, he's a nice guy so who cares about winning?

Stop. You know better than this. Don't make mistakes at the other positions if you want to compete. Not even mistakes. BAD mistakes.

Unless your rookie contracted QB is a hit, EVERY team has to pay their good to great veteran QB top bucks. Outside Brady of course.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
QB pay is ridiculous but its been that way a long time. At least vets are getting those deals now instead of rooks. RW is in the top 10 of most important QBs to their team. This is the new bottom threshold.

It will be interesting to see what the Rams, Bears, etc do. At some point, an innovative GM will try to keep high end talent in other areas and just draft replacements every 4 years. I'd love to see how that would work since its already seen unintentional success in Chicago, LA, Dallas, and Baltimore.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Stop. You know better than this. Don't make mistakes at the other positions if you want to compete. Not even mistakes. BAD mistakes.

Unless your rookie contracted QB is a hit, EVERY team has to pay their good to great veteran QB top bucks. Outside Brady of course.

Yes, that's the trend but that doesn't make it a smart deal for the team. Wilson's a good QB, but he's not on the same level as Brady, Brees, Dak, or Rodgers. I just don't see him leading an offensive juggernaut and carrying a bad defense like a top QB should be able to do.

Whatever, I have no issues with the Seahawks dooming themselves to mediocrity

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yes, that's the trend but that doesn't make it a smart deal for the team. Wilson's a good QB, but he's not on the same level as Brady, Brees, Dak, or Rodgers. I just don't see him leading an offensive juggernaut and carrying a bad defense like a top QB should be able to do.

Did you just put Dak in there!!! You burned down Notre Dame didn't you!

You're correct in this. It will probably lead to mediocrity like 80% of the NFL. BUT if they hit on a draft pick or two, they now become the elite. That's all you're doing really as a GM. Get your QB. HOPE you get some draft stars.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Man, you had me believing you were serious right up until this point. That was some grade A trolling sir.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Dak? Really? Have you been slurping Jerry-juice?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The point is, you could pick up Rosen for peanuts - he may or may not pan out, but Seattle hasn't done dick without an ELITE defense and you've now strapped yourself in with a good (not great) QB with the highest salary in the NFL. In my mind, you only ever CONSIDER doing that with somebody young and elite - Mahomes, Mayfield etc. Wilson and the Seachickens have doomed themselves to mediocrity until this laughable deal expires. Wilson won't care though, and his agent has to be laughing himself dickless. The idea that you "have to lock him down" is some of the most Stockholm Syndrome bullshit I think I've ever seen. Like a guy making $80k dating a supermodel, and SHE'S the one saying "man I better lock this down or this big swinging dick is going to get it elsewhere".

Insanity.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I only hope Jerry thinks as highly of Dak. Ambiturner Ambiturner , you jinxed yourself bro.....lol, we both know better. Jerry was giving Dak a 5 year $175 mill contract either way next year. Elite GM can see elite!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Is Rosen really available? Guess we will find out in 9 days or so.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't know, I think Wilson is a little underrated in this thread. Obviously, not #1 money guy... but he also is on a team that doesn't believe in investing in an offensive line.

Something I didn't realize is that he's actually never missed a game. That's surprising.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think Wilson is wildly underrated. As a fan of a team that has to watch him make our defense look stupid twice a year, even when the 49ers defense was good, I don't think Wilson gets enough credit.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Wilson is wildly underrated. As a fan of a team that has to watch him make our defense look stupid twice a year, even when the 49ers defense was good, I don't think Wilson gets enough credit.

I agree with this. I understand why people claim he's not up there with the elite guys, but frankly he has carried a team quite a bit at times.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Underrated in this thread, maybe, but he gets sucked off on the level of Rodgers and Brady by announcers and commentators.

It's annoying when they do it to all timers, much less someone a tier behind them. The backlash the is just in response to that

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Wilson carried a shitty 2017 team to a 9 - 7 record. That was the season where he literally scored ALL but one of the teams 37ish touchdowns. Not sure why you guys are saying he can't carry a shitty team. 9 - 7 was a fucking miracle for the team we had in 2017.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wilson carried a shitty 2017 team to a 9 - 7 record. That was the season where he literally scored ALL but one of the teams 37ish touchdowns. Not sure why you guys are saying he can't carry a shitty team. 9 - 7 was a fucking miracle for the team we had in 2017.

11th ranked defense by yards, 13th by points allowed. That's shitty compared to their Super Bowl run, I guess.

Both stats have them on par or better than their offense

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The point is, you could pick up Rosen for peanuts - he may or may not pan out, but Seattle hasn't done dick without an ELITE defense and you've now strapped yourself in with a good (not great) QB with the highest salary in the NFL. In my mind, you only ever CONSIDER doing that with somebody young and elite - Mahomes, Mayfield etc. Wilson and the Seachickens have doomed themselves to mediocrity until this laughable deal expires. Wilson won't care though, and his agent has to be laughing himself dickless. The idea that you "have to lock him down" is some of the most Stockholm Syndrome bullshit I think I've ever seen. Like a guy making $80k dating a supermodel, and SHE'S the one saying "man I better lock this down or this big swinging dick is going to get it elsewhere".

Insanity.

He COULD be great if they got him a line. He's 30. You lock him down. I'm pretty sure he won't hit a cliff in 4 years.

Let's say they didn't lock him down? You now have no line, no QB and an elite defense. Yeah you're better all right.

Plain and simple. You lock down good-great QB's. Just the way the league is.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I agree. He makes plays time and time again. Has won them a SB (and lost them one I guess). He's top 10. You pay him.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wilson is elite. He is up there with Rodgers, Brees, Rapistburger, etc. Anyone that thinks otherwise is one of these retards that wants to draft an RB #4 overall like they have not watched the NFL in the last 20 years.

The problem is not the money the elite QBs make. They are worth it. The problem is the money the good but not great QBs get. Cousins, Goff, Dak etc. Dak is probably going to get close to 30m a year and Goff probably will too. They are a huge step down from Wilson. They should be more like 15-20m.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
He COULD be great if they got him a line. He's 30. You lock him down. I'm pretty sure he won't hit a cliff in 4 years.

Let's say they didn't lock him down? You now have no line, no QB and an elite defense. Yeah you're better all right.

Plain and simple. You lock down good-great QB's. Just the way the league is.

Our O line is better than it has been in the past. Its not elite level but it played a ton better last year. It also helps we got a run game going last year from someone other than Russ. But I agree with you, you dont let a QB like Wilson walk out of your building while you are still the only team that can negotiate with him.