2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking Cowboys take another OL in the 3rd. Jesus.

Smith, Martin, Frederick, Williams, Collins, Looney, Su'a-Filo, Fleming... Dear God, think I would've rather had a backup RB.

Must mean La'el Collins is gone next year.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dolphins are racking up for once. This new regime seems to understand value and quality...finally. I may live to see another Miami team get past the first round of the playoffs....

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I can't even get excited for the draft anymore. This used to be the best time of the season for Rams fans but after this last "Super"bowl I don't give a fuck who we draft. 3 fucking points.

Fuck. Thanks for ruining football Lambs. (How long does a 3 point Superbowl showing hangover last anyways? No need to answer, I already know.)

Well, the Broncos managed 8 points, but they also had one of the best offenses ever... I dont remember how long its been, but I am now able to talk about it without crying.

Gotta tell ya, winning Super Bowl 50 a couple years later really helped. Maybe try that?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
1969 Vikings Super Bowl IV lost 23-7, didn't score in the first half.
1973 Vikings Super Bowl VIII lost 24-7, didn't score until the 4th quarter.
1974 Vikings Super Bowl IX lost 16-6, didn't score until the 4th quarter.
1976 Vikings Super Bowl XI lost 32-14, didn't score in the first half.

It doesn't get much worse than that, still working on the whole winning a super bowl thing. Which isn't going well either, 0-6 in NFC championship games since the four Superbowls with a 23-6 loss, a 41-0 loss, a 37-7 loss, bountygate, and the Anderson missed FG.

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate our draft outside of our 1st pick

Gotta love reading these scouting notes for this guy we just drafted:

Looked out of place at Senior Bowl
Frequently ragdolled by tackles in practice

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty surprised that the 9ers picked 2 WR and a TE and nobody for the secondary at all. I guess we're hoping that we're going to get so much push from the D Line that they won't have to cover for long because I really expected them to add both a safety and a corner in the offseason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Dolphins are racking up for once. This new regime seems to understand value and quality...finally. I may live to see another Miami team get past the first round of the playoffs....
Is very possible Rosen just sucks, but a late 2nd and very small cap hit isn't a huge risk and they can just ride Fitzmagic to another mediocre record.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty surprised that the 9ers picked 2 WR and a TE and nobody for the secondary at all. I guess we're hoping that we're going to get so much push from the D Line that they won't have to cover for long because I really expected them to add both a safety and a corner in the offseason.
I can't believe they used their 4th round pick on a 27 year old punter. WTF

For the secondary, I can only guess that they believe the addition of Verrett at CB will help, and that their safeties actually stay healthy. But honestly, I was pretty baffled as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Excitement for the Bears draft was pretty minimal with our first pick being at 87 but I loved trading up for Montgomery and Ridley in round 4 was amazing. Everything else is probably a project/cut but fuck it, we are still going at least 10-6.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was honestly hoping the 49ers drafted Greedy William's in the 2nd round. Deebo Samuel is going to be a fucking star though.

I was dead wrong on Foster, but thankfully Fred Warner looks like a Pro Bowler, so if you look at the Niners projected defense, you have Buckner, Thomas, Ford and Bosa up front. Then Kwon Alexander and Warner patrolling the middle, and Varrett and friends at the back.

Their secondary is kind of ass but they needed a WR more than they needed a CB. Samuel will be a star IMO, he can catch and run better than any WR in this draft, and his swagger level is over 9000. I did kind of want them to take DK in r2, but Samuel will end up having a better career.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Just be prepared for teams to run directly at Ford. He's a liability in the running game. If the niners have d line depth and he's kept off the field on running downs its a non issue.

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I hate our draft outside of our 1st pick

Gotta love reading these scouting notes for this guy we just drafted:

Looked out of place at Senior Bowl
Frequently ragdolled by tackles in practice
Leave Rudy Ruettiger alone! I look forward to watching him tryhard on special teams this year.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Just be prepared for teams to run directly at Ford. He's a liability in the running game. If the niners have d line depth and he's kept off the field on running downs its a non issue.

They still have Arik Armstead who is a great run defender and not so much as a pass rusher so I imagine he and Ford will be trading out on rushing downs.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I was honestly hoping the 49ers drafted Greedy William's in the 2nd round. Deebo Samuel is going to be a fucking star though.

I was dead wrong on Foster, but thankfully Fred Warner looks like a Pro Bowler, so if you look at the Niners projected defense, you have Buckner, Thomas, Ford and Bosa up front. Then Kwon Alexander and Warner patrolling the middle, and Varrett and friends at the back.

Their secondary is kind of ass but they needed a WR more than they needed a CB. Samuel will be a star IMO, he can catch and run better than any WR in this draft, and his swagger level is over 9000. I did kind of want them to take DK in r2, but Samuel will end up having a better career.
I gotta disagree about the need for WR over CB. The 49ers secondary graded out as the worst in coverage in the entire league last year. Pinning your hopes on an aging Sherman, an injury prone Verrett, and 2 other youngsters in Witherspoon and Moore doesn't seem like a great choice. Then they have Ward (injury prone), Tartt (injury prone), and Colbert at safety. They 100% needed secondary help more than WR help. Shanahan can make his offense work with less. And honestly they could've taken Greedy with their 2nd and still got a good WR with their 3rd pick.

I think he will only be in on passing downs. The 49ers have a ton of DL depth now, and the rumor is they will finally be playing Solomon Thomas inside all year where he actually excels. So hopefully he doesn't end up being a huge bust.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as BrutulTM BrutulTM pointed out they have Armstead along the DL still too.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wonder if Verrett will make it through a whole season for you. He nevet did in his 4 years on the Chargers. In fact he played in 25 games in 4 years for the Chargers. Guy was good but always injured.

Also we got the best safety in the draft for the second year in a row. I am excite.

• 1Solidarity

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I feel that the Chief's D will be enough better to take the next step. The offense is going to have to rescheme, but Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce are ballers; they will need to rescheme the offense, but I think they will be productive.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think this draft makes it pretty clear that Shanahan doesn't value the secondary that much. I guess he figures that the front 7 is more important and you can't stack every part of the team at the same time. It does seem like Deebo Samuel is tailor made for Shanahan's offense and if McKinnon and Garoppolo stay healthy this season and Kittle plays like last year the offense should be really damn fun to watch this year.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whats crazy is I literally FORGOT all about McKinnon. He has no guaranteed money left on his contract so he should produce if he stays ambulatory. They were decimated by injury last year, which set them up to get Bosa though. No way were the Niners a top 2 or 3 pick team if Jimmy G doesnt get hurt. Obviously that was the worse, but at least we maybe landed a possible star on defense because of it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder if Verrett will make it through a whole season for you. He nevet did in his 4 years on the Chargers. In fact he played in 25 games in 4 years for the Chargers. Guy was good but always injured.

Also we got the best safety in the draft for the second year in a row. I am excite.
Yeah, I am not holding my breath that he is actually healthy, or stays that way if he is. I mean, he is coming off of an Achilles tear. Even a year recovery on those you aren't 100%.

As for the Chargers getting the best safety in the draft, I don't know if that is true. Agree on last years pick, but I think Darnell Savage could potentially be better than Adderley. That said, I wish the 49ers would have grabbed either one of them. I think they are both potential pro bowlers.