2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Theres like 5 safeties different NFL guys felt was the best

Exactly this. I can't remember a draft in recent memory with so little wide consensus on who belonged where on the board.

Bosa being the #1 defensive player in the draft was pretty much all there was in terms of widely held agreement. Everything else was complete chaos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Exactly this. I can't remember a draft in recent memory with so little wide consensus on who belonged where on the board.

Bosa being the #1 defensive player in the draft was pretty much all there was in terms of widely held agreement. Everything else was complete chaos.

The media likes QB's. Nothing exciting about this draft's QB's, even the short one. Lot of value this draft in the defense, just not as easy to evaluate or put a meme too.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Everytime I see Kyler Murray, I think of the Lil' Bits commercial from Rick and Morty.

hqdefault.jpg

• 1Worf
Nick Bosa is going to have a hard time being an obvious racist moran in SF. But good luck to him. Or rather, to his knees.

Welcome to the NFL Nick. Enjoy getting turned out lol.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who remembers Peyton Hillis??!!

I think McCaffrey will have a better career due to Newtons presence and how many Carrie's he gets. Bosa will be fine. If he notches 19 sacks this year he can wear a MAGA hat to pressers and Niner fans will ignore it and embrace him anyway.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
1969 Vikings Super Bowl IV lost 23-7, didn't score in the first half.
1973 Vikings Super Bowl VIII lost 24-7, didn't score until the 4th quarter.
1974 Vikings Super Bowl IX lost 16-6, didn't score until the 4th quarter.
1976 Vikings Super Bowl XI lost 32-14, didn't score in the first half.

It doesn't get much worse than that, still working on the whole winning a super bowl thing. Which isn't going well either, 0-6 in NFC championship games since the four Superbowls with a 23-6 loss, a 41-0 loss, a 37-7 loss, bountygate, and the Anderson missed FG.

Little known FoH fact, Utnayan Utnayan played in all those Super Bowls, still has the checks framed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
John Parry: Pass interference replay would have changed a big Super Bowl play

Kinda fitting they didn't get the call after the Saints game but the new replay should help somewhat.

NFL owners voted Tuesday night at the league meeting in Phoenix to allow offensive and defensive pass interference penalties, including non-calls, to be subject to challenge and replay review. For the 2019 season, coaches can challenge any flags or missed penalties until the final two minutes, when such instances are subject to booth review only.

If it happens to a coach without a challenge left is a pretty big window to leave open on plays like the Saints game if it happens before 2 minutes left. Much rather it be if it is blatant like the Saints game replay would buzz in, no matter time of game.

Fadaar

That guy
They'll allow non-calls too? Great because there definitely isn't holding on every single play.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
With that part it is fantastic they have a limited amount of challenges. New rule is far from perfect and certainly needed more thought put into it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
what fadaar said.

there are AT LEAST 15 passes A GAME where the defender interferes with the catch by holding the wrist/arm down so that the receiver cannot get his hands up to catch the ball...which by definition is pass interference.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw I was tagged about Daniel Jones.

I've given up on this franchise guys. I already expressed this.

DOG POUND.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Wouldn't be surprised to see it be the same thing next year minus McDaniels maybe.

Ryan Shazier dances at his wedding

Good to see he is doing so well.

only head coaching job that sack of shit also known as McDaniels can get is a NE one. At least in a foreseeable future. No other team will touch him. Not just because what happened with Colts but also that he was an awful head coach in Denver and actually got fired mid-season. Granted he was young back when, like McVay young, but still

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm reading that the Raiders look to be the favorites for Hard Knocks this year. I hope that is true, because 1st off that means the 49ers won't be on it, and 2nd watching the drama of AB and Jon Gruden should be great!

• 1Like