(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Assassin’s Creed 2020 is definitely about Vikings, according to a new report
A recently-discovered easter egg in The Division 2 seemed to suggest that the next Assassin’s Creed will have a Nordic theme. Now, a fresh insider report has confirmed exactly that. An Assassin’s Creed game, currently code-named Kingdom, is expected to launch to launch in 2020, and will indeed be about Vikings.
That report comes courtesy of Jason Schreier at Kotaku, who says that he received confirmation of the game’s setting from two independent sources, months ahead of the teaser’s inclusion in The Division 2. Ubisoft says there will be no new Assassin’s Creed in 2019, so you should probably expect the Viking title in 2020. (Of course, Ubisoft also said there would be no new Assassin’s Creed in 2018, too, and we know how that turned out.)

Odd Tease In The Division 2 Spills The Beans On The Next Assassin's Creed

The next Assassin's Creed game may be about Vikings

edit:
Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok Detailed In Leak, Cross-Gen Title Releasing In 2020 – Rumour

Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020
-Actual name is Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok
-Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army
- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland
- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.
-Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems
- Large scale “conquest” battles return, and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story
- Player does become an assassin and use hidden blade
- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir
- Game is developed primarily by Montreal
- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms
- Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration
- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning
- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration
- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)
- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.
- Player has ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you

sounds a bit like God of War but since it'll be Ubi-fied not really as good. Still should be fun, but wait 3-4 months to buy digitally at 50% off. Also interestingly it'll be 2020 cross gen, which means fall 2020 both PS5 and Xbox2 should be out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah yes, the all inclusive and ethnically diverse vikings. Should be a blast.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My knowledge of the Vikings goes about as far as a 2 days in middle school and the TV show with Ragnar.

Did women really fight with them? If so, at least they'll finally have an excuse for THAT shoehorn.
Probably the entire justification for the setting, now that I think about it...

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I trust nothing on the internet in this era of censorship & revisionist history, unless it comes from the mouth of a shitlord.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've got a sneak peak of your playable character.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
So, raping and pillaging, or just parkour on 'em snowy hills

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
every year we're waiting for asscreed:Japan, and they just keep finding the most non asian themes possible.

I actually thinking in 2022 we'll see asscreed:dinduville, oh jesus, they'll probably have asscreed:Mayan and jump all over those stupid pyramids.

• 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i LOVE norse mythology and vikings, but i think this will be one of those games where i play it and it's okay, but it just makes me wish i was playing God of War again

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
i LOVE norse mythology and vikings, but i think this will be one of those games where i play it and it's okay, but it just makes me wish i was playing God of War again

Yeah no one will ever touch the awesome of God of War, and Ubi's world building sucks compared to just about everyone else. They continually fall down on "Holy shit" factor content.

And while I liked Odyssey, I cannot imagine how cool it would have been in the hands of someone who was creative with content building instead of Cut and Paste, especially when it came to Greek Mythology.

spronk

FPS noob
ubi just plays it too safe to ever make a great game, they are just interesting. i'm playing odyssey now and while i really enjoyed most of origins (the setting is 10/10, story is 5/10) i haveta agree with the people who say odyssey is better. the land is just far more interesting and the game doesn't feel as oppressive/boring in its main story. Its still extremely formulaic.

interesting if they take a break this year though, but i guess that makes sense if they wanna make this year watch dogs 3

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you can stomach the left wing cry baby point of view, the For Honor movie on Netflix about making that game inside of Ubisoft's environment points out a lot of asinine shit in that company. The main guy is whining the whole documentary, but jeez... All the meetings and crap that they have to go to just too make decisions in a game is horrendous.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok Detailed In Leak, Cross-Gen Title Releasing In 2020 – Rumour

Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020
-Actual name is Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok
-Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army
- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland
- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.
-Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems
- Large scale “conquest” battles return, and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story
- Player does become an assassin and use hidden blade
- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir
- Game is developed primarily by Montreal
- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms
- Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration
- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning
- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration
- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)
- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.
- Player has ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you

sounds a bit like God of War but since it'll be Ubi-fied not really as good. Still should be fun, but wait 3-4 months to buy digitally at 50% off. Also interestingly it'll be 2020 cross gen, which means fall 2020 both PS5 and Xbox2 should be out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users