2020 Chinese Coronavirus

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
42d 9h 46m
Eyeroll what. It's a state with a smaller population than the Atlanta Metro Area that was busy congratulating itself on containing and eliminating the virus. They never did. It's worse now and nothing they did mattered.
So just you know Devil's advocate and all that.

If none of the things anyone is doing actually matter or make it better, why should we be doing things other than letting common sense run it's course? Inform the humans, let them use judgement, and move the fuck on.

• 2Like
Reactions: Hateyou and khorum

Gravel

Ssraeszha Raider
64d 4h 12m
The only reason it was a huge jump is because they had a bunch of fucking foreigners who came in with it.

That'd be like if we shipped in a plane full of Chinese to Seattle and then said, "Fuck, it just jumped an additional 250 out of the blue!"

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: Rude and khorum

AladainAF

Hard truths cut both ways
<Gold Donor>
48d 5h 21m
Well Coronabros I am officially quarantined, my wife was in direct contact with someone on Friday that tested positive. We just found out and guess if one of us have it then all of us do. She gets to keep working and now I'm daddy daycare and 1st grade teacher!
Congrats on the first FoH corona-chan medal once you're verified positive?

• 1Like
Reactions: Hateyou

Trumps Did This
26d 2h 56m
The only reason it was a huge jump is because they had a bunch of fucking foreigners who came in with it.

That'd be like if we shipped in a plane full of Chinese to Seattle and then said, "Fuck, it just jumped an additional 250 out of the blue!"
Yes, all those Chinese coming in to the US since...why do you even post?

Gravel

Ssraeszha Raider
64d 4h 12m
Yes, all those Chinese coming in to the US since...why do you even post?
Go figure the Uber driver doesn't understand English.

"That'd be like..."

If you read the fucking article, instead of just the headline Khorum posted...or shit, just the part I quoted...you'd see that it was the biggest single day jump because of 38 foreigners.

Trumps Did This
26d 2h 56m
Go figure the Uber driver doesn't understand English.

"That'd be like..."

If you read the fucking article, instead of just the headline Khorum posted...or shit, just the part I quoted...you'd see that it was the biggest single day jump because of 38 foreigners.
Are you sure?

• 1Salty
Reactions: Rude

khorum

Murder Apologist
168d 4h 22m

There had to be a reason. Someone ate more bat, someone visitted their grandma, someone let the Malaysian help back into the walled estate.

Whatever the reason, the Signaporeans have been touted as proof of an EFFECTIVE state answer to a collective need.

But it didn't work. Because the state will always be a worse disease than any plague and whatever plan they had to keep the virus out FAILED and now they're seeing more infections than they've ever seen before.

• 1Like
Reactions: Muurloen

khorum

Murder Apologist
168d 4h 22m
So just you know Devil's advocate and all that.

If none of the things anyone is doing actually matter or make it better, why should we be doing things other than letting common sense run it's course? Inform the humans, let them use judgement, and move the fuck on.
We shouldn't be doing anything but let it run its course. I've always advocated the herd immunity strategy with targetted interventions for the at-risk population.

Well not really "advocated" so much as agreeing that it was always gonna work out that way anyway.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
168d 4h 22m

Page 144 is the 1200/2400 refund stuff.
Fun fact, if you ONLY counted the tax cut or tax credit programs in Obama's stimulus, it would've turned a PROFIT. Those were the first-time home buyer credit, the earned income tax credit and cash for clunkers. All the other gimme pork shit made the whole thing a colossally wasteful shitshow.

• 1Like

Oldbased

I'm a lead farmer!
70d 20h 49m
What's funny, is with all the back and forth and bickering and voting, that part never changes. Dems just want money for their pet projects, don't give a single fuck about 1 more dollar for the relief check. Heh.
It did change though. It now includes 0 tax income ( SSI/SSDI ) but most don't have a tax record on file from 2018/2019 like Shelly. So I got to get her SSA-1099 form sent in before they can issue a check to her, it'll be probably a month or two. Which some people tweeted today ( Politico I think it was ) saying for those with invalid DD numbers on file, IRS would mail a check and could take up to a MONTH longer meaning some won't get it until MAY. What a shit show lol
Also my 2018 tax DD is invalid as well. That account has been closed a year+

Bill just passed Senate 96-0 (Correction- 4 out due to quarantine )

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: Raes

Raes

Trakanon Raider
31d 22h 30m
It did change though. It now includes 0 tax income ( SSI/SSDI ) but most don't have a tax record on file from 2018/2019 like Shelly. So I got to get her SSA-1099 form sent in before they can issue a check to her, it'll be probably a month or two. Which some people tweeted today ( Politico I think it was ) saying for those with invalid DD numbers on file, IRS would mail a check and could take up to a MONTH longer meaning some won't get it until MAY. What a shit show lol
I meant the dollar amount, but yeah. I don't have a bank account on file with the IRS so I'm screwed too.

Oldbased

I'm a lead farmer!
70d 20h 49m
This comment explains a good bit about you
Sorry I didn't see you posted the bill on other thread 40 minutes ago ( I was reading the damn thing the past hour ). I hate having 2 threads. I am so a 1 thread kind of guy.

Oldbased

I'm a lead farmer!
70d 20h 49m
I meant the dollar amount, but yeah. I don't have a bank account on file with the IRS so I'm screwed too.
If you have a simple 1040ez people are saying if you free file now with DD it'll get caught in the system by time checks are ready.
They ARE going to follow up every check 15 days later with a letter saying what you got, how they sent it if able and what to do if not.
IRS.GOV has a whole section devoted to this bill, but waiting till it passes and signed by Trump. I am hoping they allow digital updating of bank/info and not mail in as some things are now. That would make too much sense and be 2000+ish

Oldbased

I'm a lead farmer!
70d 20h 49m
Also this:

I saw that one earlier. It's NYT who is only right 5% of the time and also very guilty of causing drama/panic in well everything. So I am expecting/hoping they are full of shit. Everything I saw said up to a month. I'd imagine 4 months is worst case not at last known address, mail in 1099, wait to be confirmed, send check out that may apply to only a few people. If IRS.gov does it as I suspect, like they do tax IDs you'll be able to do it online much quicker than that.

• 1Like
Reactions: Raes