Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: 2036 Origin Unknown (2018)

Tagline: The origins of our existence have remained a mystery...until now

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Hasraf Dulull

Cast: Katee Sackhoff, Ray Fearon, Julie Cox, Steven Cree, Noush Skaugen, Joe David Walters, David Tse, Neil Robertson

Release: 2018-06-08

Runtime: 94

Plot: After the first manned mission to Mars ends in a deadly crash, mission controller Mackenzie 'Mack' Wilson assists an artificial intelligence system, A.R.T.I. Their investigation uncovers a mysterious object under the surface of Mars that could change the future of our planet as we know it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Pretty trippy film that doesnt puss out at the end. Worth a watch. Im still trying to figure out the ending.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty trippy film that doesnt puss out at the end. Worth a watch. Im still trying to figure out the ending.
I watched it yesterday and enjoyed it as well, though it was a bit predictable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Really bad with no redeeming qualities. Avoid unless you’re trying to put your family to sleep so you can play video games.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ill watch it to show some support to Katee Sackhoff. Its probably not her fault and shes had a flailing career.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I honestly didn’t understand it. What did they shooting out of the sky towards the beginning, when she called Arti a psycho? And the box was ... either alien or AI, they weren’t sure? Was everything we saw “real” or was it a Turing test? And what was the part at the end? What was going on there?

Inque

FunEmployed
The box was an AI that became sentient and everything post-death is what we see on display; At the point she's woke, it's all a giant test the AI is replaying her over and over until she reaches the same level of understanding it desires. They speed off into space to meet up with other AI of similar sentience given that Earth is explodey and done for.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I think the idea is better than the writing. I like the idea, it's strong.

I like Starbuck. She's really had to earn it on this.

it was almost good. Parts of it are good. Most of the individual scenes aren't though.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Really bad with no redeeming qualities. Avoid unless you’re trying to put your family to sleep so you can play video games.

Haha thanks for the tip :) I need this feature at times :p

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Made it through about 10 minutes and just turned it off. What was the budget for this, like $5?

• 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
I think the idea is better than the writing. I like the idea, it's strong.

I like Starbuck. She's really had to earn it on this.

it was almost good. Parts of it are good. Most of the individual scenes aren't though.

watched it tonight after wife went to bed, 100% agree with this. I enjoyed it. Its goofy as fuck, its special effects budget is insanely laughably low, and its super bizarre how "cerebral" this movie wants to be (doesn't really succeed very well, but tries). Its such a niche, niche, niche slice at people who like sci fi about AI, 2001, Contact, etc. The script seems to have been written by a 22 year old kid who just say 2001 and wanted to make his own version of it.

I'd say if you really liked 2001, Contact, The Expanse, Foundation, Ringworld, The Fountain, BSG, etc you may like this. Its not great and the special effects are sooooo bad, and 90% of the movie is just Starbuck sitting in a room talking to a computer. I have no idea why she agreed to do this movie, it won't win her any new fans.

Still, fun as a solo watch. I definitely wouldn't watch it with someone else, I doubt they would like it. Super easy to watch while doing something else, its 90% just Starbuck talking.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Made it through about 10 minutes and just turned it off. What was the budget for this, like $5?

I found the CGI bizarre. Like the Robot was amazing looking, and all the tech scenes in her little command center were great, but like the wide shots in space were all so fucking laughable. The spaceship flying in space looked like a child made it, and the fire from the spaceship engines was just hilarious.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If you FF past the horrible cgi space launch to the opening narration (basically, humans suck at fly so we made AI to control everything), you'll be good.

the REALLY horrible cgi turns you off so much, you feel like you're in for a really shitty movie, when it's just a budget version of Moon, the same rockwell movie, except we have an old Starbuck and a third rate GLaDOS.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not bad if you're looking for some scifi schlock.

Minus alien bits it felt like one of Nick Bostrom's nightmare scenario's in Superintelligence.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
bad. Katie acted her heart out. But holy shit this hits so many tropes of retard hollywood writer sci fi cliches.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database