38 studios Auction Nov 14th and 15th.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully they get nothing! State should have never gotten involved in first place. Then when they realized there mistake they went full retard and imploded the company, When they should have known doing so would cost them basically all money invested.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, you could argue that it would have just been throwing good money after bad at a certain point.

Siddar

SoE was doing something in background with 38 before the implosion.

I doubt they will have anything to do with this auction because of the potential for legal fallout.

That's another area where RI has hurt itself because there are still legal question marks hanging over these assets.

Buyer will likely be a Asian company without any US presence that can be impacted by US courts.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Isn't Sam Deathwalker a millionaire?

Get your creepy ass out there and start an MMO

Silence_sl

shitlord
Curt's out there in some barn somewhere with 10000 new socks and a razor blade in a cunning plan to finance his triumphant return to 38 Studios.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe a eastern European development house might snap it up. I cannot see a large developer gobbling up this IP, with all the legal and PR bullshit dangling all over it.

From recent Rhode Island quotes, they expect to get "Tens of millions" of dollars from the IP.

EA and Nexon are supposedly the top contenders. I wouldn't expect for the MMO to be completed if EA grabbed it for example. But they are sure as hell going to make a Reckoning 2 if they end up with it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We went through all this guesswork a few months ago. Some people actually DO believe they will get 10's of millions (not me). The MMO assets aren't worth jack and shit. The console game? Can likely get a few bucks for it, couple hundred thousand or so. Really depends how they package everything up. Rise of Nations for instance should be worth SOMETHING. If they package that shit all together... who knows. Might just be shooting themselves in the foot.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The only thing worth anything is the IP. The MMO work is worth zero. I'd guess they get 5-10 million overall on the high side.

Siddar

The only thing worth anything is the game they already made and released.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The only thing worth anything is the IP. The MMO work is worth zero. I'd guess they get 5-10 million overall on the high side.
Art is worth something if there's a fuck ton of it. But only if there's a fuck ton so someone could actually make an MMO out of it. That's basically how VG was made. A fuckton of Art Assets fro VG 0.5 that was re-used to make the released version.

If it's just a few months worth of art assets then yeah, worth zero.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The IP is not worth anything either
I was speaking in general terms, not just Amalur. Rise of Nations/Legends are worth a bit. Although actually after I looked, I'm a bit surprised, I had thought BHG had published a couple more games than that.