[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening 2/04/13

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got it a few days early, pretty fun game. I'm waiting to finish ni no kuni before i really get into it though.
I never liked the perma death aspect of the FE games, so im glad i can disable that.

Clearly i'm 2 casual 4 Fire Emblem~

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are there other games worth a shit on the 3DS? I want this game, but I don't really want to buy a 3DS.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Ocarina of Time 3D, Cave Story 3D, some good Mario platformers, and of course upcoming Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and new Pokemon X&Y.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I personally love Kid Icarus. There is also Kingdom Hearts 3D, Tales of the Abyss, and coming up soon is Castlevania, the aforementioned MHU3, and Luigi's Mansion.

Fire Emblem alone is worth owning a 3DSXL for...I love this game. Frederick is a fucking boss. (crashmo & pushmo are excellent cheap downloadable games)

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
I personally love Kid Icarus. There is also Kingdom Hearts 3D, Tales of the Abyss, and coming up soon is Castlevania, the aforementioned MHU3, and Luigi's Mansion.

Fire Emblem alone is worth owning a 3DSXL for...I love this game. Frederick is a fucking boss. (crashmo & pushmo are excellent cheap downloadable games)
Don't use Frederick... He barely gets any XP and other chars will soon surpass him

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't he start out as an advanced class? Pretty sure that's why it takes more EXP to level him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it's anything like previous Fire Emblems, the dudes who start out as an advanced class always end up sucking ass and fucking up your party. They lose the stat gain from leveling as a basic class first, and they are a black hole for xp early on too.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Don't use Frederick... He barely gets any XP and other chars will soon surpass him
Well fuck me, wish I had known this earlier. Is there a standard max level where I can choose advanced classes for other characters? (I assume I don't do it at 10)

Needless

Toe Sucker
There shouldnt be, pretty sure you could max level a base class then change them over to an advanced if you really wanted

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There shouldnt be, pretty sure you could max level a base class then change them over to an advanced if you really wanted
I read somewhere that's what you're supposed to do or else you waste stats or something. What is the max level for a base class though?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Going by the Kotaku tips article, he says to don't make them into advanced classes (which is available at 10) until after they hit their cap at level 20.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
I read somewhere that's what you're supposed to do or else you waste stats or something. What is the max level for a base class though?
Max level is usually 20 (regardless of base or advanced class). Generally what I do is use the early chapters of a Fire Emblem game to level up the main character as they often don't upgrade except through the story and then worry about everyone else.

I'm still waiting on my 3DS bundle before I can play this.
frown.png

frown.png

Xannder_sl

shitlord
As a general rule I stay away from them. There are exceptions but you're usually going to get a better character with someone that you have to promote yourself since you can ensure you get to level 20 before promoting them.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This game is amazing. Are the prior games in the series anywhere near this good? Have to say even the 3d works wonders in this game, there really isn't anything I don't like about it.