46 +2 covered by children

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bah, its hard to go pro, dude. There is like 1000s of drummers and singers that do better job than they do. Actually if you listen to the singer closely, it seems she is quite pitchy.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This kid I have more hope for. Fucking6yrold nailing a Metallica song....

Now thats impressive.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have a friend who was similar to everything posted so far. Won his first drum competition before he was six years old and started playing at two (dad used to be a touring drummer as a profession). He's now 23 or 24 and just now gaining some traction with having some licensed songs on ESPN and MTV. He's played in bands his entire life. It's very, very hard to make it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yup, it takes alot of luck, and being at the right place at the right time. Not to mention your skills you have to hone over time. Id recommend to anyone wanting to be in the music industry, stay in school, lol. Because for every one that makes it, there is another ten thousand which dont, and are probably better than you.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Definitely as much or more luck than talent involved in making it big. On a child musician prodigy note, I saw/metIlan Rubinwhen he was 9 or 10 when he was in this band FoN and they played a few dates w/ Strung Out. He was a fuckin' beast. Without looking, you'd have no idea he was this skinny little kid.

conexes

Molten Core Raider
Talented as they are, talent is immaterial. A friend of mine can play the drums incredibly well, and his family threw ten of thousands of dollars at introducing him to producers and publishers and whoever the hell it is that makes music. Despite his talent, he wasn't packaged or presented well enough and is exactly nowhere with it.