5/10 FoH Open War of the Spark Tournament, Now with CASH PRIZES + Future Events

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Greetings!

After the wild success of our Inaugural FoH Open I will be hosting another Fires of Heaven Open MTGA tournament, This time I have decided to add a $50 cash prize alongside the professional quality badges Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule has created for us. This tournament is open to everyone so if you have any friends who are interested in a growing MTGA community let them know.

What: Swiss round Best of 3 tournament with a top based on the number of players. Each round will be 72 hours long so you can find your opponent and finish a Best of 3 match. Winners will report in this thread and will be confirmed by their opponent.

When is it? Round one will start May 10th at 7PM EST and last for 72 hours. Schedule a time for you to play with your opponent and report your record 2-0 2-1 etc with me via this thread. After a round ends the next round will start the following day at 7EST and repeat until we have a winner. If all players finish before 72 hours I will take the remainder of the time and add it to the next round starting it immediately.

If both opponents cannot find a time to play and both have exhausted multiple times to schedule a match then both users will receive a draw.

If one opponent is unwilling or unable to compete they will be issued a game loss this is done at my discretion.

What do I need? A Fires of Heaven account is not required, A free Magic Arena account, a standard legal Best of 3 deck with 15 card sideboard and access to the FoH discord for easy match making.

You will be unable to switch decks during the event.

What do I win? This is a winner takes all tournament, on May 10th I will deposit $50 into the official FoH PayPal account to be given to the winner of the tournament, The winner will receive the cash prize alongside a Mythic champion forum badge.

How do I sign up? Post below with your MTGA name and PM me a MTGA exported Deck-list of the deck you are playing (I will not be playing in this tournament so I will hold the deck lists, Please everyone thank Mist Mist for being our Admin last tournament)

I Require all deck lists before the tournament begins, The final day to submit deck lists is Wednesday May 10th

Also please join the FoH Discord as it will be the main staging ground for the tournament.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Good Luck everyone!

UPDATE: With the new forum currencies I'm proud to announce some prizes in addition to the $50 for this tournament:
  • Winner: 1,000 Soybucks
  • 2nd place: 500 Soybucks
  • 3rd place: 250 Soybucks
All other participants will also be awarded 100 Soybucks as a consolation prize.

Good luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
THE FIRES OF HEAVEN TOURNAMENT SERIES

When
June(TBD)

What A MTGA BO3 monthly tournament (Using the same rules as above) with a community funded prize structure. Starting in June I will be running monthly MTG tournaments with a $5 tournament Entry fee, This fee will be added to a community pot and given to the winners of the tournament as prize support.

Prize Structure
$5 Buy in to enter
1st Place: 50% of total Prize Pool
2nd Place: 25% of total Prize Pool
3rd and Fourth: 10% of total Prize Pool
FoH will take the remaining 5% as a donation to cover server costs.

Who Holds the money
Money will be sent directly to the FoH LLC Paypal account and paid out directly from the FoH LLC Paypal account, @a_skeleton_03 has shown time and time again he is trustworthy with out money and manages the forums finances.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You've gotta be real poor to not have $5 in your entertainment budget

Siliconemelons

How much will I get flamed if I pay my 5$ and then ask every turn "so what do I do?"

I always have been interested in TCGs but they always had a insanely steep learning curve - even contained box games.

I bought the starwars box card game back in the 90s and never could play it... but apparently even open its worth a decent amount.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
How much will I get flamed if I pay my 5$ and then ask every turn "so what do I do?"

I always have been interested in TCGs but they always had a insanely steep learning curve - even contained box games.

I bought the starwars box card game back in the 90s and never could play it... but apparently even open its worth a decent amount.

This tournament is free so no harm in joining up and playing.

Also if you download Magic Arena it has a fully fleshed out tutorial and gives you 10 free decks plus packs.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm in for the next tournament, and might be interested in the monthly one with an entry fee, as well.
Enzee#22070

Really hoping one of the deck ideas I have pans out. I think mono-R aggro might finally die off a bit. It'll still be played in bo1, since its cheap and easy to play, but Oath of Kaya really hammers them against control.
Hopefully, the format is more about midrangey decks with diverse threats vs control decks.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'll do the June tournament. I would do May, but I will be on vacation at the time.

I suck at MtG, but I like playing lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm in and hopefully with a better deck this time. Zzeris#06653.

Mist Mist , you need to PM me the winning deck sometime in the next few days. I promise to say a couple mean things about Trump and express wonderment at how a nice lesbo hasn't picked you up yet. Cheers.