A Christmas Story Christmas (2022)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3.33 star(s) Rating: 3.33/5 3 Votes
Title: A Christmas Story Christmas (2022)

Tagline: Ralphie comes home.

Genre: Family, Comedy

Director: Clay Kaytis

Cast: Peter Billingsley, Erinn Hayes, Scott Schwartz, R.D. Robb, Zack Ward, Julie Hagerty, Julianna Layne, River Drosche, Ian Petrella, Davis Murphy, Mark Arnold, J.R. Esposito, Chris Jarman, Sam Parks, Henry Miller, Ian Porter, Owen Davis, Derek Morse

Release: 2022-11-17

Plot: Ralphie is now all grown up and must deal with Christmas and all that comes with it…as a dad.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
proof that hollywood is full of pedos is that they can't even stop raping my childhood

• 4Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
proof that hollywood is full of pedos is that they can't even stop raping my childhood
hes-out-of-line-but-hes-right-meme.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Peter Billingsley must be so strapped for cash hes willing to kill his own major legacy.

Animosity

Last I knew he produces a ton and had a new worth of like 13 million, so I don’t think so.
That doesnt mean much considering how many celebrities worth way more go bankrupt. But sure lets be serious about some sarcasm.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That doesnt mean much considering how many celebrities worth way more go bankrupt. But sure lets be serious about some sarcasm.

I was just responding to a legitimate observation I thought you were making, but sure lets be a dick about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What I'm hoping for: A movie where Ralphie comes to grips with not appreciating his dad enough as a kid. By going through Christmas as a dad himself, he realizes how much effort his dad put into making Christmas so magical. Lighter on jokes, heavier on heart. The big appeal of the first one was that so many people could identify with the events and characters in the movie. They need to tap into that for all the people who are grown up, have kids of their own, and would now identify with the dad in the original.

What I'm expecting: A horrific mix of rehashed jokes and slapstick humor without any real heart.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chukzombi Chukzombi why does this Christmas movie deserve its own thread?
i had a snarky comment all lined up yesterday, but then i realized that there has been more than one good movie from the "Ralphieverse".
so even though Jean Shephard is long dead and nobody is minding the store. its conceivable there may be something good about this. thanks for asking me a civil and valid question. i doubt this ever happens again.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
My brother loved the original. Never appealed to me. Even he's not interested in this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
studio and producers realize the first movie was one of the few perfect things Hollywood has done and decide not to release this movie out of respect

man when people tell me they don’t like this movie…I just don’t get it. The shits literally magical for me. “The Old Man” is like watching an older version of my dad. My house was that damn house growing up. Obviously we all don’t come from those backgrounds, but I sure did and I relate to the movie so much.

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database