A Wrinkle in Time (2018)

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 3 Votes
Title: A Wrinkle in Time

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Director: Ava DuVernay

Cast: Storm Reid, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Chris Pine, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Zach Galifianakis, Michael Peña, Levi Miller, Deric McCabe, André Holland, Rowan Blanchard, Will McCormack, Bellamy Young, Daniel MacPherson

Release: 2018-03-09

Plot: After the disappearance of her scientist father, three peculiar beings send Meg, her brother, and her friend to space in order to find him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle in Time' Is the Ultimate Adaptation
And the cast isn’t the only way DuVernay is bringing Madeleine L’Engle’s 1963 novel into the real world. Kaling, whose Mrs. Who only speaks in wise adages, says her character doesn’t just evoke old-school scholars, she also utilizes wise words from all cultures. “I think I quote Jay-Z in the film,” she said.
Stop this swiftly tilting planet, I want to get off.

• 8Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

spronk

FPS noob
looked like absolute dog shit to me but when i was talking to my sister this weekend she said she absolutely loved the books as a kid and loved the trailer so i guess this is just one of those things you write off as a chick flick

i got john wick so i can't complain

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
i loved these books more than dark materials or narnia. i can't see this being anything other than awful but i'm probably just old.

• 3Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i really liked the books when i was 12, but this looks pretty bad...

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They lost me at Oprah...

The collective bodyweight of the cast has me concerned.

Buffalo.jpg

A Wrinkle On the Prairie: A Buffalo Migration Story

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Looks terrible and about nothing with way too many cameos

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The source material clearly describes a white family with hair colors ranging from red to "auburn". I'll leave it to the reader to deduce their race. But surprisingly, in the trailer half of the kids appear to be black. (The race of Mrs Who et al is unimportant since they arent human, so I give Oprah a pass on this one)

Ignoring the source material in casting means they'll ignore the source material across the board. Always a good plan for a movie based on a beloved childrens book. I foresee this doing as well as The Dark Tower for the same reason.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The source material clearly describes a white family with hair colors ranging from red to "auburn". I'll leave it to the reader to deduce their race. But surprisingly, in the trailer half of the kids appear to be black. (The race of Mrs Who et al is unimportant since they arent human, so I give Oprah a pass on this one)

Ignoring the source material in casting means they'll ignore the source material across the board. Always a good plan for a movie based on a beloved childrens book. I foresee this doing as well as The Dark Tower for the same reason.

I find it funny they deliberately couldn't have a black dad though. Diversity quota aside this is pure CGI bait.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
it looks really pretty at least. might be fun to watch if i first get too blasted out of my mind to understand plot.

• 2Picard

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another one of those movies where almost all the posters on this forum are not the target audience. My daughter read the book for school this year so therefore I'm am automatically required to see it with her.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, why would anyone who read the books as kids and have any fondness for them be part of the target audience for a movie claiming to be an adaptation of them.

Apparently all the other shamelessly nostalgia-fueled media of the last decade or so has been marketed to the wrong people all along!

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Another one of those movies where almost all the posters on this forum are not the target audience. My daughter read the book for school this year so therefore I'm am automatically required to see it with her.
It was published in 1962 ...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
This movie is going to rock!

The action is going to be off the walls!

The intensity will be dialed up to 11!

The ass kickery will be at an all time high!

oh wait...

This isn't the Sequel to Judge Dread

• 2Worf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database