Abacab's sick ass festival thread!

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
How many of y'all do the whole festival thing? In the STEP program to secure my Burning Man tickets; so is anyone else going to this, and if so meet up?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Hey dude, all I know is that when I played p99 you seemed to be constanly banned and had a strange pack of zealots following you, but I'm glad to hear you're living a festive life. I just got done with 2 weeks of jazzfest and it was very nice asides from the rain. As the hippies and other creatures of these mass gatherings say ' have a good festival brahhh...mannnnn'

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Festivals aren't just music, since Burning Man is giant ass art project on the playa, and Hyperion is mostly visual performance; I think it would be suited in any thread.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fair points, moving it back. Want me to change the title to something less obnoxious so folks aren't inclined to hate it before they even click?

edit: Thread might work better in the Travel subforum also. I dunno. Just seems...out of place here. Whatever, maybe I'm a crazy person.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I would suggest A: changing the thread title and B; Grimm showing us his cock

Then and only then can this thread be taken seriously.

Szlia

You would think a sick ass festival is a professional fair for proctologists.

Joke put aside, Burning Man is not 'on the playa' but in the middle of the desert so an important part of your enjoyment will be dependent on your planning (to deal with the sun, heat, sand and lack of water).

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thread is going to die no matter where you put it because there just aren't enough people on FoH who are into the topic.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I go to Outside Lands and multi-night Phish shows. I count multi-night Phish show as festivals. I dig music festivals. You get the chance to see a lot of artists you would never pay to see a one-off show.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
No one has ever been able to tell me exactly what Burning Man IS. "Oh it's great man a ton of people get together and people are there with their art and..." then I stop listening because it turns into hippy rambling.

P.S. My ass is healthy

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Going to Glastonbury in June for the second time, Rolling Stones headlining, not that I'm particularly fussed about them.

The lineup in general is pretty weak but the festival itself is so massive there'll be plenty to keep me busy. From that lineup the only acts I am particularly fussed about is Chic/Nile Rodgers and Phoenix

rrr_img_24620.jpg

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've gone to All Good the past two years and have my ticket for this year. I usually hit up a couple of smaller regional festivals in Ohio too like the Werk Out and Rootwire. Like Alex said, multi-day Phish runs also count in my mind. Really hoping they only ignored Ohio for summer tour because they plan on coming here this Fall.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I've done sxsw for 4 years, fun festival. I'm actually more interested in the Film and Interactive portions of it - Once the music portions start, all the fucking retards come out (this, however, includes the scantily dressed sluts, so I can't complain too much), and free stuff is a lot harder to come by. I think what I like about SXSW is that during the day you are "business" more or less, going to panels and events, networking, etc. Once the night-time comes around, it's party your asses off.

All said, I come away with a shitload of free stuff (easily 10-15 tshirts I only wear at the gym, some headphones, and bags full of your typical printed crap) and about 2 weeks of free food and booze. This year the Wife walked away with with a Beats Pill, which is pretty dang nice. A couple years ago we got about 4-500 dollars of software we ended up selling on craiglist.

One thing I've learned that vendors should take heed of: If you're trying to attract people to your party/event/area, free food will trump free booze, always.