Ad Astra (2019)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Ad Astra (2019)

Tagline: The answers we seek are just outside our reach.

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction, Adventure, Mystery, Drama

Director: James Gray

Cast: Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Ruth Negga, Liv Tyler, Donald Sutherland, Jamie Kennedy, John Ortiz, Greg Bryk, Kimberly Elise, Loren Dean, John Finn, Anne McDaniels, LisaGay Hamilton, Kimmy Shields, Alyson Reed, Ravi Kapoor, Bobby Nish

Release: 2019-08-18

Plot: Astronaut Roy McBride must undertake a harrowing journey to the edge of our solar system when his long-lost scientist father seems to have resurfaced despite having been declared dead many years ago. His reappearance appears to be connected to a series of mysterious explosions and a top secret military project. As McBride makes his way across a series of increasingly dangerous outposts on the Moon and Mars, forces converge to stop him from finding answers while another impending explosion threatens to destroy life as we know it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's like James Bond mixed with Interstellar. Then I guess throw in some global destruction for extra flair.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Looks like it might be good. Not the best trailer though, and Liv Tyler ruins shit for me more often than not.

The director did The Lost City of Z though which was fucking fantastic.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Liv Tyler is just the worst. I hate her face.

Brad Pitt is just the best, I will watch just about any movie he is in. I will say that it makes me a little sad that he is looking old in this trailer - which means I am getting old too.

Anyway, there are not enough serious sci-fi movies so any chance that another may be decent is a plus in my book. Will definitely watch in spite of old Horse Face.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Holy shit, a new story out of Hollywood? I'm going to go just because it isn't a remake, reimagine, or fucking sequel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Looks like it might be good. Not the best trailer though, and Liv Tyler ruins shit for me more often than not.

The director did The Lost City of Z though which was fucking fantastic.

Agree. Not the best trailer. Interstellar’s trailer got me so pumped and it looked so ambitious. I hope this movie is awesome. Brad Pitt is just so fucking good I really enjoy almost everything he’s done.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have this feeling they'll either nail it or it'll fall flat after the reveal.

• 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Have this feeling they'll either nail it or it'll fall flat after the reveal.

This, the movie looks great but it also has that feel of an incredible package that contains very little of worth. I will watch this, most likely, and agree that it looks like it will either be "...wow..." or it will be "...m'eh"

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Riddle me this... If this movie is good, why are they releasing it in September and not November/December?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hoping this is better than Interstellar. Didn't care for that movie, it had some interesting moments but it wasn't good. Usually like Nolan's stuff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The visuals and soundtrack in Intersteller were great... but the little girl having an annoying old mans name sucked.

1568908841825.jpeg

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database