Adventures with a retard and Microsoft Access

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Hey all,

I've been designated to work on a ms access project and I don't know jack shit about Access. I've been playing around with it, but currently ran into a, probably stupid, problem I can't figure out.

I have a employee input form where I basically enter in all of the employee's information such as name, hire date, department ect. I then have a payroll form where specific payroll information is inserted such as cases picked, errors, pick rate, ect. Basically, what I need on the second form is a combo box that lists the employee names from the employee input table and then inputs the name + the other payroll fields into the payroll table. Hopefully my terrible explanation gets what I'm trying to do across. Maybe there's an easier way to do this I don't know. Like I said I'm a complete noob to db's.

Internets provided for any help!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Figured that out, I'm sure I'll have other issues in the coming days though.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
HHopefully my terrible explanation gets what I'm trying to do across. Maybe there's an easier way to do this I don't know. Like I said I'm a complete noob to db's.

Internets provided for any help!
Screenshots help.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_36807.jpg
rrr_img_36808.jpg
rrr_img_36809.jpg
rrr_img_36810.jpg

I basically want to include the date hired and pay rate field from the users table into the payroll table.

I used a combo box on the payroll form to get the names, but I'm stuck once again trying to add these two other fields. Also, there will be multiple entries in the payroll table using the same name.