Advice for beginner recording setups

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
So I'm looking to get into simple song recording. Seems like depending on what I want there are a plethora of options. I am kind of out of my element here and looking to get some input from anyone with entry-level or better knowledge about this. I am in a cramped office area and that'll be where I have to start out so smaller, basic options are fine although i have room for stands and a lot of space on my computer desk for some of it.

I just want to dip my toe in, record a few times and see how it goes.

I guess I need a program for my pc, some monitors, an audio interface, a midi system for applying drums, etc., microphone. Is there anything else I'm missing to create simple songs on my own? Further, are there sets or all-in-ones that would be a good place to start? Budget isn't really an issue, but I don't have thousands to spend. I can't imagine a sweet personal setup would cost THAT much. Anyway, opinions and thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
A good starter bundle is what you should look for. I'd hold off on monitors until you want to keep at it and just stick with headphones. Remembered this video from a couple months ago, seems super solid and easy to use:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user