After Life

Maul

Dental Dammer
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: After Life

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2019-03-08

Creator: Ricky Gervais

Cast: Ricky Gervais, Tom Basden, Tony Way, Diane Morgan, Mandeep Dhillon, David Bradley, Ashley Jensen, Penelope Wilton

Overview: Tony had a perfect life. But after his wife Lisa suddenly dies, Tony changes. After contemplating taking his own life, he decides instead to live long enough to punish the world by saying and doing whatever he likes from now on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
New Ricky Gervais show on Netflix. Was hilarious, loved every episode.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, I follow him on twitter and saw a ton of good reviews.

I haven't had time to watch it as of yet.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I didn't realize Gervais is actually a really good actor. Although, I never seen him in anything other than a few initial episodes of The Office.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Had a few moments but all in all I didn't enjoy this show. Way too melancholy without enough humor to carry me through.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
This is a great show if you havent lost anyone recently. Some funny parts, some sad parts and great ditecting/writing as always from Grevais. A bunch of people from his previous show "Derrick", I think it was called. Go watch that show after yhis or before if you havent seen it to get a clue to this or if you like this show.

It can really tug at your heart and make you laugh.

Grevais can just be seen as the funny dude youve watched at the golden globes or the comedy specials or whatever but he knows. He knows exactly how to make a tv show and go every direction or have a tear on your face and make you laugh at the same time.

And its only like 6 or 7 episodes, just go fucking watch it.

10/10.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yep, loved this one, only 6 episodes (that a British thing?), but man was touching while still being fun to watch. A couple of forced Atheist jabs is my one and only complaint (I'm 0% religious, it just seemed forced and out of place is all)

10/10 too

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Ultimately this show suffered the same fate as Gervais last show.

He gets these great ideas for how to take a sad situation and find the funny in it. He does amazing things with it for a few episodes. Then he completely runs out of funny but keeps making episodes. Two series in a row now with this exact same pattern.

Great first few episodes though.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Ultimately this show suffered the same fate as Gervais last show.

He gets these great ideas for how to take a sad situation and find the funny in it. He does amazing things with it for a few episodes. Then he completely runs out of funny but keeps making episodes. Two series in a row now with this exact same pattern.

Great first few episodes though.

I disagree. I don't know about his last show, but this show starts off deliberately funnier than it ends. He goes from thinking he has a super power to realizing that it isn't anything like that. It is specifically more sobering as it moves on with the inflection point being the choice he makes with the drug dealer.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Season 2 just landed, not going to lie, Ratty and The Nonce followed by Terry the Cunt had me fucking LOL.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
His father is Walder Frey!
No! He's Abraham Setrakian.

I enjoyed the first season and have watched the first couple of episodes of the new one. But, I dunno, is this going to be another season of Ricky Gervais being ultra depressed? Will get old fast.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I enjoyed the second season as much as the first, maybe more.

It is nice to have a show with a handful of characters to care about.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Binge watched this with the wife, and Gervais is literally Midas. Great shit. Like The Office with more heart.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Season 3 is out, and I think it's the best one so far. Show has improved for me as it's slowly become less melancholy and more hopeful. It's still dark and thoughtful interjected with moments of hilarity.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database