Alagoran's Gem 5th edition via Fantasy Grounds

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fantasy Grounds :: The Virtual Tabletop for Pen & Paper Roleplaying Games

Sx7dRgG.jpg

Every 10 foot tile could mean your death, every decision critical, every decision bringing you one step closer to the Gem or your death. You arrive via caravan in groups of 2-6 all drawing straws to see who goes first, having basic gear and a +1 weapon or armor you push your way into the dungeon. Caravans arrive every so often as fresh bodies always seem to be in need.

Rules for the Gary Gygax feel:
Stats are top to bottom 3d6 no rerolls.
Roll stats, then pick class/race/background.

My custom rules:
-You will start with two characters, one main, one reserve. Choose your main to enter with the party.
-If you die(and you will) in the dungeon your stuff(unless destroyed/stolen) stays on your corpse, this can be looted by your next player.
-If both of your characters die/captured you get to roll a d6 on a 1-3 you make a level 3 character, 4 a level 4, 5 a level 5, and 6 a level 6.
-XP flows quickly in this dungeon so that level 3 with decent stats may get to level 6+.

Tips to survive:
-Run away, run away often. Combat encounters more often then not will be heavily weighted against you.
-Find a nice piece of loot you can't use? Run it back to the entrance for the next guy to use.
-If you return to the safety of camp you may switch characters/trade loot, share knowledge with the new guy.
Example: Druid and Fighter enter the dungeon, make it to room three and the fighter dies or the druid leaves him to die, if the druid escapes he can share what he knows with the fresh character allowing for ADV rolls to disable traps or see where they are.
Ignore the shiny! I know it is hard not to open that "secret" door I described but if you don't think it could lead you to your goal don't mess with it.

Only thing I need from you guys is to not Metagame, this is normally a given but due to the nature of this dungeon that could be hard to remember. Just keep putting yourself in the characters shoes and remember your fresh level 5 don't know shit about the next room!

All rules subject to change for the fun factor, this should be a deadly but fun dungeon and I will strive to make it so.

If above interests you I am looking for one or two more player, RP is done via typing but we use teamspeak for ease of gameplay.
We start around 7:30 CST Tuesdays, new players to FG and 5th edition are welcome. Reply here if interested and I will answer any questions.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Do I have to be on every week right on time? Also, how bad is missing a week here or there? Or not being able to TeamSpeak?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Man I want to play this but I am just about to move to Houston.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
hey thank is where I live, I would say we should hang out but you might smell or something. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Do I have to be on every week right on time? Also, how bad is missing a week here or there? Or not being able to TeamSpeak?

That would be ideal but not missing a week here and there isn't terrible and no teamspeak isn't required.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
How late do the games go? I can probably do Tuesday's depending how long the sessions are. I'm not an expert but I've done some 5E before and am familiar with the rules.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If anyone wants to check this out before they commit, game is up. Connection info:
bold camp oily nail
no password for now.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
So when does this start up? Also I may not be able to get on TS every time. Would that be an issue?

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
If that happened on saturdays, I might be able to attend, but considering I'm from Europe, scant chances of that.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have been a roll20 user forever and play hackmaster which is pretty lethal, so I might like to try this. Is tuesdays the set day? Do I need to buy the module and can the demo FG play?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You don't need to buy anything, Hatorade has everything you'll need. FG really is better than Roll20 imo. I like it way more

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So when does this start up? Also I may not be able to get on TS every time. Would that be an issue?
Next game is set for aug 23rd, we start around 7:30 CST, login early if you need a tutorial.

You don't need to buy anything, Hatorade has everything you'll need. FG really is better than Roll20 imo. I like it way more
This is correct all you need is the FG demo client then patience when you connect to game as my upload is shit.