Albion Online

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, back when I played it, it was still a bit bare bones. I think they need a PC specific UI, though. It's kind of weird using the same UI as the tablets to play on PC.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
So does the game have permadeath (you lose all your skills), or you only lose the items you had on you (UO style)?

Also, I don't suppose there are invites available? Signed up a year ago and still no invite.
frown.png

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
So does the game have permadeath (you lose all your skills), or you only lose the items you had on you (UO style)?

Also, I don't suppose there are invites available? Signed up a year ago and still no invite.
frown.png
I signed up last year also, nothing.
With all the early access crap going on recently; this is the only game I wish it has some sort of an early access offer.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Founder's Packs are fucking ridiculous. Everyone asking $100 for the shit that's worth getting. Which is a shame, 'cuz this game actually looks like a decent time sink, that'll quickly be a $4.99 game on app stores a couple months after release...

Albion Online

Refferal Link from my Alpha days not shure what it will do for you tho its worth a shot

*Nvm you wont get keys i found outs its only for people wanting to buy founders packs sry

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how else to get alpha keys but PRX gets them pretty much carte blanche. When we played it last we all pretty much agreed it needed a lot of time, new features and a coherent and engaging combat system. Not sure how far they've come!

Plus ArcheAge is like a AAA mmo built with the same ideas as albion, just not with a hardcore ruleset and death penalty.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I'm excited for this game but I feel they are going to kill it with F2P monetization. I like the minimal amount of skills.

Crazily

N00b
Just bought the $99 founders pack. One of my long time gamer friends said this game is good....if you like PvP with full loot style games. This will very much be like a moba but in a persistent world with the political aspects of a hardcore pvp game like darkfall. Juicy.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
I'm excited for this game but I feel they are going to kill it with F2P monetization. I like the minimal amount of skills.
Precisely my worries. I have been following this game for a few years now and they originally expressed that they wouldn't make this game pay2win. However, there are grumbles that this attitude has completely changed. I'm disappointed as I had tons of hope in this game. I'll still sit and watch.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am really interested in this game. Considering buying the founder packs because I feel I'm going to play this one; unlike all the other "MMORPGs" I have tried the last several years.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That was the big problem for us too. And that the ideal actions from a game theory perspective is to never enter combat and just farm in peace.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
That was the big problem for us too. And that the ideal actions from a game theory perspective is to never enter combat and just farm in peace.
I think they're relying on human nature. There's always a group of guys in every MMO that just want to be dicks.

Usually the Russians.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I purchased this game thinking that I've done yet another mistake wasting my money on an MMORPG. I was pleasantly surprised that this game is GOOD. Really good.

For a change I don't have to follow a "story" or a series of "quests". I am not a Hero and the world doesn't revolve around me, that felt like I am in a world rather than a crappy lobby-based multiplayer game.

The sandbox side kept me spending my whole day not realizing that I didn't actually have my food. I love the simplicity of everything about it because simple combat, simple gathering, simple crafting is all what I need. I love how I went inside random dungeons exploring areas looking for resources and humanoids to kill for silver.

And this "alpha" feels more polished than many released MMORPGs which is a huge plus.

Well done!

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I purchased this game thinking that I've done yet another mistake wasting my money on an MMORPG. I was pleasantly surprised that this game is GOOD. Really good.

For a change I don't have to follow a "story" or a series of "quests". I am not a Hero and the world doesn't revolve around me, that felt like I am in a world rather than a crappy lobby-based multiplayer game.

The sandbox side kept me spending my whole day not realizing that I didn't actually have my food. I love the simplicity of everything about it because simple combat, simple gathering, simple crafting is all what I need. I love how I went inside random dungeons exploring areas looking for resources and humanoids to kill for silver.

And this "alpha" feels more polished than many released MMORPGs which is a huge plus.

Well done!
This is good to hear. I was in earlier versions of the game and it was polished then. I do wish I was still in, but I don't like dropping money on early access.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is good to hear. I was in earlier versions of the game and it was polished then. I do wish I was still in, but I don't like dropping money on early access.
To be honest this game feels more finished than many other finished games.
But it's true that your progress is going to be wiped and that sucks.