Alt-Right or Alt-Reich: The Rise of American Nationalism

Cybsled

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
14d 9h 4m
Majority Nationalism isn't new, but history usually shows how flawed it was. Go back over 100 years and people had as much disdain for Irish and Italians, but pretty sure things worked out OK.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Bronze Donator>
33d 20h 35m
There was a @Lithose post a while back talking about the ridiculousness of multiculturalism and how that isn't, hasn't, or shouldn't be the goal. There was a lot in the post I agreed with but can't seem to find it.

I'm sure he keeps copies of his essays meta tagged and searchable. Hopefully it is an easy repost.

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

ZyyzYzzy

Honk Honk 👌
<Moderation Tools>
81d 16h 8m
There was a @Lithose post a while back talking about the ridiculousness of multiculturalism and how that isn't, hasn't, or shouldn't be the goal. There was a lot in the post I agreed with but can't seem to find it.

I'm sure he keeps copies of his essays meta tagged and searchable. Hopefully it is an easy repost.
I remember that post. Completely agree with it to a degree. Multiculturalism fails and should not be considered unless there are common values/characteristics among the cultures to allow for complete integration. I.e. European immigrants (Italians, Irish, etc...) that all integrated into American society due to similar beliefs and values.

sadris

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
66d 48m
Majority Nationalism isn't new, but history usually shows how flawed it was. Go back over 100 years and people had as much disdain for Irish and Italians, but pretty sure things worked out OK.
What is the average IQ of Irish and Italians?

Or if you want a non-IQ approach, fascinating article about tribalism:

National Prosperity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Bronze Donator>
33d 20h 35m
I remember that post. Completely agree with it to a degree. Multiculturalism fails and should not be considered unless there are common values/characteristics among the cultures to allow for complete integration. I.e. European immigrants (Italians, Irish, etc...) that all integrated into American society due to similar beliefs and values.
Yeah that was the one.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
6h 38m
"My country is great". Nice. /high five

"My country is better than all others". Ehh a bit douchey, but whatever.

"My country is the master and others are the slaves". Ok. Problem.

ZyyzYzzy

Honk Honk 👌
<Moderation Tools>
81d 16h 8m
"My country is great". Nice. /high five

"My country is better than all others". Ehh a bit douchey, but whatever.

To your last point, isn't that where globalism leads? Fuck those poor countries, we are going to use essentially slave labor to make all the goods we like dirt cheap

MachRed

Silver Knight of the Realm
5d 1h 10m
Why are Black pride, gay pride and Asian pride all viewed positively but white pride is viewed negatively? - Quora

This was pretty eye opening for me. Basically, because of the sheer fact most races have a lighter skin color compared to blacks(duh), whites enjoy privilege 365 days a year. 'White' is the default color, so pride is not needed/taboo. A comparison was made that heterosexuality is the default, so no need for hetero pride.

Blacks want equality (in population basically) and 'whites' that do not identify as white (Hispanics, Asians, Europeans?) still count towards the 'white' headcount, leading to an over representation of these 'minority' races.

It's retarded and the average white guy is perpetually fucked...

Palum

Less Valuable Than A Visitor
Why are Black pride, gay pride and Asian pride all viewed positively but white pride is viewed negatively? - Quora

This was pretty eye opening for me. Basically, because of the sheer fact most races have a lighter skin color compared to blacks(duh), whites enjoy privilege 365 days a year. 'White' is the default color, so pride is not needed/taboo. A comparison was made that heterosexuality is the default, so no need for hetero pride.

Blacks want equality (in population basically) and 'whites' that do not identify as white (Hispanics, Asians, Europeans?) still count towards the 'white' headcount, leading to an over representation of these 'minority' races.

It's retarded and the average white guy is perpetually fucked...
So then since men are the minority?

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
70d 16h 56m
"M
To your last point, isn't that where globalism leads? Fuck those poor countries, we are going to use essentially slave labor to make all the goods we like dirt cheap
Literally yes, Globalism is the new imperialism, lleauaric is thinking in an outmoded mindset

Eidal

Lord Nagafen Raider
13h 41m

@Lithose I want to read this, too. If you can find it.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
70d 16h 56m
I would say Globalism is more akin to economic imperialism, but on a corporate level rather governments.
This is what old imperialism was, Countries would charter companies and give them monopoly rights

hence "dutch east india company" anbd "British east India company" conquered india, not the english or dutch governments soldiers.

Colonization of many countries around the globe happened exactly the same way, through companies not government.

King leopolds company that enslaved the congo, same thing. Colonization of america it was initially started for some glass making company, same thing. Everywhere you go in history you'll find that companies lead the way.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
6h 38m
Imperialism isn't the same as facism.

I'd say there are distinct differences between the East India Tea Company and Leibensraum.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
70d 16h 56m
Imperialism isn't the same as facism.

I'd say there are distinct differences between the East India Tea Company and Leibensraum.
Funny cause Hitler modeled leabensraum on what america did. All of which was started by charter companies, all the colonies were charter companies.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
6h 38m
So which is better? The one that puts its citizen's and nation's interests first or the interests of nebulous corporate entitites who are held by a few wealthy individuals?
It's funny how what's in the "citizens and nations best interests" always seem to end up being what's good for a few wealthy individuals or corporate entities.

I guess it all trickles down though