Amazon Prime now gives 20% off on all pre-ordered and new released games.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I woke up this morning to an email from Amazon.

e8EdLqz.png

Amazon.com: Prime Savings in Video Games: Video Games

That's pretty solid. Outside of the physical free gifts that GameStop and others get, I don't think they will be able to compete with 20% off. Especially when it comes to limited editions and stuff.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Gamer's Club Unlocked from Best Buy is still way better. Cheaper and no time limit on the 20% off and reward dollars.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm more about digital these days. The games I actually buy at release are games like fallout or other games with high replay value.

Otherwise I wait for fire sales like far cry 4 for $14 or I get them from gamefly when they accumulate enough to be worth the sub.

I have zero interest in swapping discs these days or holding discs somewhere.

I also shit canned amazon prime because I already get free shipping for my orders over $35 and I generally don't need to pay to get things faster. I've noticed that I buy far less shit that way.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd agree with that if console digital prices were anything like PC digital prices/sales. As it stands, Amazon is almost always much cheaper after a game has been out for a while, and now the same is true for pre-orders. I've got Prime anyway, and no Best Buys near enough to me to be useful, so this new thing is great imo.

Also, fuck downloading 30-45GB games from Sony (from what I've heard MS is no better, and Nintendo is much worse based on my 3DS experiences) when they can't even saturate half my cable bandwidth.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I've been moving towards digital but this changes a lot for me since I have zero brick and mortars near me. As long as I can get release day delivery still can't see not doing it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I've been moving towards digital but this changes a lot for me since I have zero brick and mortars near me. As long as I can get release day delivery still can't see not doing it.
I've ordered pre release from Amazon a few times over the years and I've always received it release day, and once a day early.