Amazon Prime original pilots round two

Goatface

Amazon

The After- From Chris Carter, creator of The X-Files. Eight strangers are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world.

Bosch- Based on Michael Connelly's best-selling book series, Bosch (Titus Welliver), an LAPD homicide detective works to solve the murder of a 13-year-old boy while standing trial in federal court for the murder of a serial killer.

Mozart in the Jungle- Sex, drugs ? and classical music ? see what happens behind the curtains at the symphony.

The Rebels- Julie (Natalie Zea) is in over her head when her husband suddenly dies leaving her as sole owner of The LA Rebels, a pro-football team.

Transparent- Created by Jill Soloway (Six Feet Under, United States of Tara). An LA family with serious boundary issues have their past and future unravel when a dramatic admission causes everyone's secrets to spill out.

----------------
watched The After, a little rough to say the least and a lot of why would they do this moments, but i enjoy bad stuff happening so could keep watching it.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I watched Bosch and The After.

Bosch - I have to say Bosch hooked me, I thought it was really good. Lots of familiar faces and I thought the pacing was right on. Had to check and make sure I was watching Amazon Prime at least twice. If you have it would highly recommend at least a looksy. On a side note is Bosch's partner the guy from Dead Space?

The After - I am a sucker for End of the World. The characters are a bit cookie cutter and you can tell the plots going to go all "Lost" but its decent enough to keep watching.

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
Agree on Bosch. I've read most of these books as well and a few of the actors are from The Wire, so I'm hooked.

The After - My wife and I did not like it at all. Acting was bad, story was bad and the reveal was cheesy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've watched The After, Bosch, and The Rebels. Surprisingly liked all three. This round of Amazon pilots is way better than last year's.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought the after was ok, but most of the main characters seem to be terrible.

Diabetes granny rockefeller - zzzz
nathan petrelli - still wearing the same suit from heroes, seems to be the same annoying character too
crying chick - sad, and annoying, probably no nudity
budget jason statham - so, very, very annoying
'innocent' black dude - made wholly from the cliche construction kit
gay clown - not as annoying as expected
cop - hopefully we've passed our quota of tense gun standoffs now that she lost her gun
health care whore - that's possibly the most contrived way to get some tits out ever featured in a serious series, but tits, so hey

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We watched those three also last night and agree with velk's run down. The cliches and just terrible writing and acting made it almost unwatchable. Was immediately more interested in the fits but then they managed to screw that scene up. Hey I'm at a strange house with a bunch of strangers let me get naked and go for a swi-- Oops! Someone saw me now I'm all modest! But, like others, I'm a sucker for this type of shit so at least want to see where Chris Carter tries to take it.

We really enjoyed The Rebels. The same complaints about boilerplate characters is more forgiveable in a comedy for me. Some pretty funny scenes and Natalie Zea is smoking hot.

Would also continue to watch Bosch, enjoyed the way everything was set up. Felt less like a pilot and more like being dropped in to a good and established series.

The wife thinks that since they all take place in different parts of LA they'll cross over and Amazon will just end up making the series they wanted to. Bosch goes to a Rebels Championship game to celebrate winning his case and catching the child murderer and then 'the event' happens and off we go on a whacky adventure!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oh, I want to point out that I also found a lot of problems with The After. It certainly isn't high-brow TV. But it's Chris Carter and I want to see how weird it might get. He handles occult material pretty well. Millenium had some scary fucking episodes.

faille

Molten Core Raider
bummer that rebels didn't make it.
Bosch deserve the spot for sure.
Still dubious about the After, the pilot was pretty meh but maybe it will come good.
How were the other two? Worth giving a try?