American Chopper

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: American Chopper

Genre: Reality

First aired: 2003-03-31

Cast: Paul Teutul, Sr.

Overview: Paul Teutul, Sr. and his son Paul Teutul, Jr. manufacture custom chopper-style motorcycles.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Anyone watching this?

It's been back on the air for a year. Senior and Junior are now getting along. Senior seems a lot chilled out. It seems like both of their businesses took gigantic hits (there's a lot of stuff on the internet about senior being bankrupt, trying to sell his ranch, owing lots of money to people, etc.) Junior is in a much smaller garage now. The show is pretty weird now. The first episode from last years premier showed Rick coming back, but then never showed him again, ever. And the newer season seems to have gotten rid of Jason Poole, or at least quit showing him. And there's a new lead fabricator. It almost feels like they just have this fabricator guy to work with senior to have a TV show. I dunno, it's very weird now. But it's nice seeing Junior and Senior get along.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't watched in years now. One can only take "I gonna make you a motorcycle that looks like a bat" before getting extremely bored.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone watching this?

It's been back on the air for a year. Senior and Junior are now getting along. Senior seems a lot chilled out. It seems like both of their businesses took gigantic hits (there's a lot of stuff on the internet about senior being bankrupt, trying to sell his ranch, owing lots of money to people, etc.) Junior is in a much smaller garage now. The show is pretty weird now. The first episode from last years premier showed Rick coming back, but then never showed him again, ever. And the newer season seems to have gotten rid of Jason Poole, or at least quit showing him. And there's a new lead fabricator. It almost feels like they just have this fabricator guy to work with senior to have a TV show. I dunno, it's very weird now. But it's nice seeing Junior and Senior get along.

Teutuls sucked out vinnys soul, he looks legit 52

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was obsessed with this show when it was new, but the repetitiveness of it and the obvious manufactured drama just got old.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh, this was one of those fad shows. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Nobody finds the construction of a motorcycle that interesting. You could sit there all day watching your house being built and have just as much fun.

The best thing about this show was the memes it created.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Totally agree. I'm just binging it right now bc I'm bored at work, and there's only a few episodes per season. But it's dreadfully boring. Makes me wonder how it became such a huge thing, I mean OCC was HUGE, video games, apparel, etc.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I was watching this when it first aired.

I think the appeal was that it was one of the first 'fly on the wall' reality shows that got the mix right. There was an interesting product being built and interesting* people involved. Drama, conflict and yet still getting it done in the end. Now we are swamped by similar shows and it's all so tiresome.

* subject to debate of course, but they made the show interesting.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think this all started when travel channel air'd sturgis back in 2000, then they documented jessie james and gave him a tv show monster garage. Think it's a silly show? thats how he met the tail end of prime Sandra bullock.

this is all the discovery channel, somehow they were able to capitalize on reality show, when they're a fucking science channel.

of course this was during the time of when Netflix was still sending DVDs and blockbuster was struggling to stay alive.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
It was popular back when motorcycles and that style was cool. But that faded, there was nothing to keep that brand afloat besides overpriced motorcycles with issues so it's not surprising they squandered the power of their brand and went bankrupt. Jesse James just makes overpriced silencers now for instance. Coming back now, you'll get the biker crowd but that feels much smaller. We have good shit now on TV so I expect this to fall on it's face again.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Of all the motorcycle shows, biker build off was my favorite

TV show information provided by The Movie Database