American Chopper

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What the heck happened? I was watching this show, and they're doing this second build off, and then all of a sudden it's "The End!" I read they got canceled - does anyone know why? I thought the series was better this year than many previous years. I wonder whats in store for them in the future. I always thought one of the big draws to companies spending such retarded amounts of money on an unridable motorcycle was the hour long advertisement they got. Seems like both of their companies will have trouble surviving without the show. I don't know.

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
Two things, is it really cancelled or will they bring it back like they did before. I have been reading that they may bring a "new" show just featuring Paul Jr's company and this makes sense since he is the one winning the design competitions.

Goatface

have they ever said how much companies paid for those bikes? used to love the biker build off shows. the 1st season of american chopper was good. i liked it when it was more about just building the bikes instead of bs drama.

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
A friend of mine has been to both the original shop and the new location. The first time he met both Paul Sr & Jr at the old shop everyone was friendly and it was more of a local shop atmosphere. At the new place they acted as though their shit didn't stink and didn't give a shit about customers, fans and everyone seemed pissed, tense.
I think most of the builds average around 160k.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm willing to bet the show gets retooled and comes out in a somewhat new format this fall. It was on for ten years, and that's not a bad run. Senior produces the show, and he has lost favour with virtually all the fans - he has come off looking so incredibly bad, I'm willing to bet he decided to throw in the towel.

I can guarantee that both shops will have fewer orders when the show goes off the air. Mind you, they'll blast reruns for another decade, likely.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think it was just time for American Chopper to go. If they do retool it, it would probably be about Paul Jr. only. Hell I'd be interested if half the show was Jr. and the other half was Nub.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think it was just time for American Chopper to go. If they do retool it, it would probably be about Paul Jr. only. Hell I'd be interested if half the show was Jr. and the other half was Nub.
I know, right? I've tried to follow Nub online. That guy is ridiculously talented.

I would really prefer that Mikey not be part of it. He's a no-talent "artist," hasn't got his shit together, and really isn't that funny. I think he's got potential, as he's clearly not stupid, but he has never really served any function on the show.

Just my $0.02