Amod Team Naming

Archmage Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
53d 15h 40m
Reactions
9,667 502 0 0
Recently I was thinking about the history of all the groups of Amods we've had here in the last few years and then I realized, "Hey, wait a minute... what do we call them?"

For instance, the group before the current group (Myself, Tuco, Noodleface, Araysar, and Iannis) doesn't really have a name, it's just "The last group of Amods". Or whatever amusing and derogatory name someone can come up with on the spot.

Why don't we come up with an Amod naming convention?

The first thing that came to my mind was the Hurricane naming convention. Starting in the 50s, Hurricanes in the Atlantic began receiving names instead of 'Hurricane Cuba'. I kind of like this, due to the similarity between category 5 Hurricanes and that there's 5 Amods per election season now. Also, in the case of the last group of Amods, it started out as Cat 5, was immediately Cat 4, and then finished as a Cat 1, as Amods dropped out, heh. Plus, it would be kind of funny with old-fashioned names for the teams:

Amod Team Ethel​
Amod Team Bromley​
Amod Team Luella​
Amod Team Smythe​

Another idea could be military squadron style names. Evocative stuff like Jolly Rogers, Golden Dragons, Dambusters, etc. Of course I'm sure some of the merry pranksters that live here would put our own FoH worthy spin on names like this:

Amod Team Goatse Danger​
Amod Team Meme Magicians​
Amod Team Joneses Janissaries​
Amod Team Millie's Marauders​

The catch would be that the Amod teams themselves wouldn't be able to vote on or propose the names. I'm thinking that a vote would be held on what to name the Amod team after each Amod election and we know who the team is comprised of.

Thoughts?

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
<Donors Crew>
81d 2m
Reactions
113,339 7,208 0 0
Huh? Even a 3rd grader knows all mods are named Faggot.

Archmage Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
53d 15h 40m
Reactions
9,667 502 0 0
Huh? Even a 3rd grader knows all mods are named Faggot.
Well, it's kind of like if I wanted to get your attention while you're in a room full of Amods. "Hey Faggot!" and you look up along with all the Amods.
Counterproductive.

Whereas if I say, "Hey Twitter Spam Medal winner!" Everyone will know I mean Zapatta Zapatta .

It's important that things have names :)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
16d 19h 1m
Reactions
8,212 1,949 0 0
Tucos mod team name was The Waffen SS Cheeseburger Patrol

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
<Donors Crew>
81d 2m
Reactions
113,339 7,208 0 0
Well, it's kind of like if I wanted to get your attention while you're in a room full of Amods. "Hey Faggot!" and you look up along with all the Amods.
Counterproductive.

Whereas if I say, "Hey Twitter Spam Medal winner!" Everyone will know I mean Zapatta Zapatta .

It's important that things have names :)
And just like that the question of 'But why are they always called Faggots?' was answered.

Erronius

Survivor of Attempted Rape
20d 10m
Reactions
6,442 816 0 0
Tucos mod team name was The Waffen SS Cheeseburger Patrol
If I ever go AMOD again, I will break out my AMOD SS avatar once more

Last edited:

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
16d 19h 1m
Reactions
8,212 1,949 0 0
Hmm i would have went with wooden bumper humpers.
The number of wooden bumpers Tuco has made in his life certainly doesn't remotely match, much less exceed, the number of shit tier nazi mod hack jobs he's undertaken and cheeseburgers he's consumed.

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
<Donors Crew>
81d 2m
Reactions
113,339 7,208 0 0
The number of wooden bumpers Tuco has made in his life certainly doesn't remotely match, much less exceed, the number of shit tier nazi mod hack jobs he's undertaken and cheeseburgers he's consumed.
Thats like saying 'Well he only helped someone sell our community to a shit tier gaming site that one time.'

Quality of failures trumps the quantity of failures.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
16d 19h 1m
Reactions
8,212 1,949 0 0
I don't see how making a wood bumper is a higher quality of failure than being an entrenched power shit mod who betrayed us with Draegan and also is fat as fuck.

I want to emphasize that being as fat as Tuco is is a threat to everyone everywhere. That motherfucker was borderline turning into Akira.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again!
<Donors Crew>
12d 5h 6m
Reactions
4,321 798 0 0
They need to earn their name. So we should name the last bunch right after the new batch is inaugurated.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Prior Amod>
31d 3h 54m
Reactions
2,074 150 0 0
We can trust hodj's opinion here. He is an expert in the abuse of power by an amod after all.

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
21d 15h 35m
Reactions
15,724 782 0 0
I think you make them for the most notable event of their reign. For aras team it would be something like "Team Trex turns tricks"

alliteration is important.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
16d 19h 1m
Reactions
8,212 1,949 0 0
We can trust hodj's opinion here. He is an expert in the abuse of power by an amod after all.
Tuco and Draegan certainly did abuse their authority in regards to my incredible posting abilities.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Prior Amod>
31d 3h 54m
Reactions
2,074 150 0 0
I would like the fact that this term we officially became moderation tools reflected in whatever name is picked for us.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again!
<Donors Crew>
12d 5h 6m
Reactions
4,321 798 0 0
I would like the fact that this term we officially became moderation tools reflected in whatever name is picked for us.
OK i feel ya. So something like "Amod team nazi pieces of shit"?

I'll be sure to nominate that one when the time comes.

DickTrickle

Analrapist
<Donors Crew>
26d 15h 22m
Reactions
4,364 610 0 0
I think you make them for the most notable event of their reign. For aras team it would be something like "Team Trex turns tricks"

alliteration is important.
"NFL Donkey Wranglers" might be better, encompassing another event during his reign.