Amsterdam (2022)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Amsterdam (2022)

Genre: Drama, Thriller, Crime

Director: David O. Russell

Cast: Christian Bale, Margot Robbie, John David Washington, Alessandro Nivola, Andrea Riseborough, Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Rock, Matthias Schoenaerts, Michael Shannon, Mike Myers, Taylor Swift, Zoe Saldaña, Rami Malek, Robert De Niro, Timothy Olyphant, Leland Orser

Release: 2022-11-02

Plot: In the 1930s, three friends witness a murder, become suspects themselves, and uncover one of the most outrageous plots in American history.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Saw this yesterday. Kinda quirky, a little long in the middle, made me sleepy, but a solid B. Damn, Margot Robbie is gorgeous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie is painfully slow and boring. Turned it off halfway through. Was pretty surprised based on the huge cast.

• 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
The cast is phenomenal, so expect great performances. But that script... it dragged on for so fucking long. Watch it if you've got nothing better to do, but it's entirely forgettable. By the next day. Just meh.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This movie is painfully slow and boring. Turned it off halfway through. Was pretty surprised based on the huge cast.
I couldnt make it past the first 20 minutes. Im like how with this cast is this movie so bad? I also dont like Bale playing quirky eccentric roles.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I couldnt make it past the first 20 minutes. Im like how with this cast is this movie so bad? I also dont like Bale playing quirky eccentric roles.

I'm not going to lie I didn't make it past the trailer.

I saw the movie was out and hoped someone would watch it for me and report back here. They reported back. Bullet dodged.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not going to lie I didn't make it past the trailer.

I saw the movie was out and hoped someone would watch it for me and report back here. They reported back. Bullet dodged.
Thinking back on it, i had just watched the DePalma bio pic on HBO. As I think about the beginning of Amsterdam i realize that the director was part of the problem. He filmed this as some quirky artsy-comedy film. He should have played it straight and told Bale you are a Dr, injured in the war, who is working to invent new drugs to help other vets.

Ps.. if you like DePalma movies the bio is pretty interesting.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wife and I switched off after Taylor swift died. Was the best part. ~ 10 min in.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database