Anarchy Online New Graphics Engine

tad10

Elisha Dushku
SOE needs to do this to EQ. But yes I'll sign up to the beta never played it back in the day.

Edit: Nevermind. I lost interest after my seventh username was rejected.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A game I wish had had a lot more stable launch. It had some awesome ideas and did a lot of things first. I played the hell out of notum wars just because the pvp was so fun around those towers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played the shit out of this off and on for years as well. This is good stuff if it gets players back. It had its faults, but it was fun as well.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll be checking this out. Even though AO introduced the devil to MMOs (instancing), it had a huge amount of soul and the nostalgia induced by dat soundtrack is as intense as anything from EQ1 and UO.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Could you imagine if EQ did something like this? It could be the "next" big thing....

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Could you imagine if EQ did something like this? It could be the "next" big thing....
Maybe if this goes well, it will give SoE an "idea".
biggrin.png

i always wanted to try Anarchy back in the first few years of its release. the stat system etc looked insane though. i saw some character stats in a sort of magelo-type window and, as an mmo veteran, it looked foreign and overwhelming to me. is AO even worth playing or trying? or is it obsolete and dead?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am somewhat interested in this. I never tried it back in the day; I was too busy balancing EQ and DAoC.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I played this for a bit about 10 - 12 months ago. About 5 minutes after logging in a guide showed up next to me and started chatting with me, asking if I had any questions about the game, and told me that if I needed anything to just let him know.

Good customer service, but then again, when your total player base numbers in the dozens I guess you can do that.

*Edit* one thing I hated about the game was the...I forget the term used back in the day...the way you could increase your stats temporarily to equip insanely overpowered armor. I know a lot of people enjoyed it, but for me it just cheapened the game. It was all about buffing yourself up as much as possible and quickly equipping super high level gear before the buffs wore off, and then never unequipping anything.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE

Alright, who the hell opened up a chest and let the roller-rat out? Goddamn it.
(best solution for ninja looters, I loved it lol)

Nulolan

N00b
I always really liked AO, it just had too many bugs when it was released to stay with. If FF14 doesn't hold my interest I may just have to give this another whirl.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I played this for a bit about 10 - 12 months ago. About 5 minutes after logging in a guide showed up next to me and started chatting with me, asking if I had any questions about the game, and told me that if I needed anything to just let him know.

Good customer service, but then again, when your total player base numbers in the dozens I guess you can do that.

*Edit* one thing I hated about the game was the...I forget the term used back in the day...the way you could increase your stats temporarily to equip insanely overpowered armor. I know a lot of people enjoyed it, but for me it just cheapened the game. It was all about buffing yourself up as much as possible and quickly equipping super high level gear before the buffs wore off, and then never unequipping anything.
You hated the best part of the game
frown.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL that WAS the best part of the game, just getting into that LV150 weapon at like LV90 was the bomb. Shit needed a solid calculator sometimes.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I always really liked AO, it just had too many bugs when it was released to stay with. If FF14 doesn't hold my interest I may just have to give this another whirl.
The last time I logged in, it took 45 minutes just to equip a helm, with the help of 3 orgies. Fun game, though. I played the snot out of it when I quit EQ. It would be a killer game with new GFX and removal of all that was crap in the original game.

edit: a fully modernized AO would be kick ass.