Anarchy Online Progression Server

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anarchy Online Progression server inc!

1551367641272.png

Current Details:
  • "At first there will be zero expansions...over time we will release them in sequential order"
  • "We're not doing a code reversion or anything, so various more modern things will be in the game" Unicorn Guards were seen as he ran around, he mentioned fall damage not coming back
  • No froobs on the new server
  • Daily Missions are gone until the expansions roll around
  • Dungeons might be there to start? He seemed very unsure about this one. He mentioned some things being blocked by expansion access initially, and various dungeons weren't in at launch, but at the same time we have the prior "not doing a code revision" point.
  • They should open up a FAQ thread on the AO forum, and there's a semi-official AO Discord which has a link on the AO launcher.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Damnit. Why you do dis to me FunCom.

Are they going to start you off in the newbie gardens instead of the awful tutorial freight-dock they made a couple years ago?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need to add in crashing, rubberbanding and not be able to zone.
And also keep the engineer trimmer exploit that let you kill GMS and people in town.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Who was clamoring for a return of a 3rd tier MMO?

This is like someone asking TV networks to reboot Caroline in the City.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I played this game at release, so obviously my memories of it being good are most likely incorrect. Is there anything that would be considered a "fun game" with vanilla AO in 2019? Story? Questing? Combat? Content?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It definitely had its charm back then. It introduced a ton of shit to the genre too, like instancing, I think it was the first to do instances. It also probably had the most complex and cool character modifications and upgrades ever done in a mmo.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The classes were pretty interesting. Bureaucrat and Metaphysicist in particular were a blast.

The skill system was a lot of fun too.

Twinking in the earlier days could get wild with the right buffs.

I might be checking it out for that nice little dose of nostalgia.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Errf Fixer having to use a Manex on full DEF again would SUCK. 12 Mississippis til you can burst again made kiting shit take an hour.

Twinking in the earlier days could get wild with the right buffs.

I used to know every buff and every piece of gear for max bonus every stat, no way in fuck will I even get that knowledge back. All the good AO databases with that knowledge and drop locations are dead and gone.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
It definitely had its charm back then. It introduced a ton of shit to the genre too, like instancing, I think it was the first to do instances. It also probably had the most complex and cool character modifications and upgrades ever done in a mmo.

Best names for loot ever. Norwegians were better at English SAT vocabulary than most Americans.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uh, apparently this randomly went live already without prior announcement as to the launch date. Funcom, man...jesus.

Anyway, looks like a typical prog server with a very limited shop(though, you do have to sub).

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Best part of AO IMO was how ridiculous you could take "Twinking" in that game. The implant and gear bonuses sorta felt like Alchemy/Enchanting exploits from Skyrim where you just keep stacking better versions and raw stats until your level 30 was casting spells 60+ levels above themselves. Really cool system but extremely broken from a balance standpoint.

Soloing "group" content on an Engineer or Metaphysicist with massively outleveled pets was pretty fun though. Picture a level 20 mage in EQ running around with their epic pet and that's what it felt like.

• 1Like

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's pure trash,

Devs are fucking retards.

10 levels per week, no SL for atleast 6 months.

It's not classic, it's just fresh reboot with massively out of era shit that makes the game a joke.

All the current doable content is done in 30 mins, Notum Wars is fucking retarded because of Traders.

Agents are garbage because of 40% damage cap.

Charged back all 6 accounts I had because FunCom is InCompetent.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's pure trash,

Devs are fucking retards.

10 levels per week, no SL for atleast 6 months.

It's not classic, it's just fresh reboot with massively out of era shit that makes the game a joke.

All the current doable content is done in 30 mins, Notum Wars is fucking retarded because of Traders.

Agents are garbage because of 40% damage cap.

Charged back all 6 accounts I had because FunCom is InCompetent.

Can't say I'm surprised.