Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Survive your evolution in Neogene Africa starting 10 million years ago. Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a third-person open world survival game where you Explore, Expand, and Evolve to advance your clan to the next generation in the exciting new adventure from the creator of Assassin’s Creed.
ALL REVIEWS:
No user reviews
RELEASE DATE:
DEVELOPER:
Panache Digital Games
+
PUBLISHER:
Private Division
Popular user-defined tags for this product:
AdventureAction

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Interesting.

But i really just want spore 2 where i can evolve a dragon that takes over their island, world and then galaxy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
*inspired by true events.

*snicker*

I wonder how they're going to make the game interesting. It's an ambitious idea. It'll be a lot of "wander around, find enough kcals or die" and "get sick finding enough kcals, die" and "get infection in your broken toe that you got while hunting for enough kcals, die".

It looks interesting though. A 3X.

Nerf fire. Agriculture OP. 3 hut city is breaking my immersion.

There is an opportunity to create some really vauge (and unbalanceable) game systems. Hopefully they don't go the "you've lived for 20 years, choose (+1) upper torso musclature, (+1) malaria resistance, (-1) dirty water tolerance for your offspring!" route. Cause that would be kinda lame. I can see them doing an interpretation of a civ tech tree with a "DNA lol" skin. But they might not.

Edit: The first thing I thought of was also Spore.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
great.

an africa simulator.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
AC studio making something new and original?

It'll suck. Pass.

• 1Worf

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I just recently watched a documentary on Curiosity Stream called First Man. This looks like a playable version of it. Interest is peaked.

Edit: After watching that playtime video, I really hope it turns out great.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's intredasting but flawed. Like how your tribe just randomly resettles to a new spot when you evolve, and while I understand they wouldn't stay in the same place for hundreds of thousands of years, many of the spots they choose are just wildly unsafe. Like one spot in the jungle has your dudes just chilling right across a stream from where wild boars like to chill. Also you can have an ape army armed to the teeth with rocks and pointy sticks but when you evolve they forget how wildly unsafe the world is and are just hanging out unarmed. You even have to manually disarm all your dudes before you advance a generation because anything they're holding will vanish.

Unless they apply a lot of post-release polish, this seems like more of a 25 dollar game than a 40.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Without even playing it, it has a tech demo vibe for sure.

I have it but still haven't touched it because WoW

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Looks cool but in the game the Annunaki doesn't splice their genes with apes and use them to mine gold for their planet Nibiru I'm not interested.

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Without even playing it, it has a tech demo vibe for sure.

I have it but still haven't touched it because WoW

I'm playing it and don't concur on the tech demo description. It is much more fleshed out than that, it is however sufficiently different that it is going to get a mixed response from gamers. Figuring out the discoveries on your own is the game. In the world of twitch and youtube walk thru's people are going to rob themselves of the whole point of the experience. The game is not easy , not much is explained but I have found it compelling so far.

I have startoveritis, I'm on the third attempt because as I figure out mistakes I'm inclined to restart though the mechanics of the game don't require that. I'm really wanting to stick with my current save even if my favorite deflated boob ape dies.

I do think they could explain "mechanics" a little better without spoiling the discovery. I can go into some tips if someone wants, that is picking the game up, but I would be careful about too much time learning the game prior to playing it.

• 1Solidarity