The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It just really amazes me how arrogant the human race is. We really believe that we are the only intelligent life form in space and the known observable universe revolves around our little planet. Humans are more likely to accept and believe in black holes over UFOs (not saying black holes aren't real). There are TONS of data including radar, expert eyewitnesses, photographs, leaked documents, videos on UFOs and people still don't believe in them but the limited data on black holes and they believe them. I'm sure the world governments are withholding sensitive data from the public that would probably blow our fucking minds wide open. Soft disclosure is all in our face and many people are not still catching on. Are waiting for a UFO to land on the White House front lawn to make us believe?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd still like to see some HQ footage of one. Which considering how prevalent HD cameras are these days shouldn't be overly difficult to get.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'd still like to see some HQ footage of one. Which considering how prevalent HD cameras are these days shouldn't be overly difficult to get.

while I do believe other intelligence (and likely space fairing) life exists in the universe, i'm still on the fence with UFOs. Like you say, until I see an hd vid of a craft pulling impossible Gs I've got to assume all the potato videos are bunk / explainable

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
while I do believe other intelligence (and likely space fairing) life exists in the universe, i'm still on the fence with UFOs. Like you say, until I see an hd vid of a craft pulling impossible Gs I've got to assume all the potato videos are bunk / explainable

Have you listened to any of the David Paulides stuff?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
It just really amazes me how arrogant the human race is. We really believe that we are the only intelligent life form in space and the known observable universe revolves around our little planet. Humans are more likely to accept and believe in black holes over UFOs (not saying black holes aren't real). There are TONS of data including radar, expert eyewitnesses, photographs, leaked documents, videos on UFOs and people still don't believe in them but the limited data on black holes and they believe them. I'm sure the world governments are withholding sensitive data from the public that would probably blow our fucking minds wide open. Soft disclosure is all in our face and many people are not still catching on. Are waiting for a UFO to land on the White House front lawn to make us believe?
Is arrogance not thinking that they would come to our planet because we are centre of the universe, and then fuck around abducting cows/rednecks, racing navy jets and making weird lights in the sky over people with bad/shaky cameras?

Life undoubtably exists elsewhere, it's just a matter of if it's possible to detect other life and make the journey.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
See I'm really conflicted on this topic. The whole "threat" platform. First of all I get it, if something is in our airspace and its running circles around our best aircrafts then there should be a concern. I wont argue with that but classifying it as a threat is little too much. I know all about instilling fear into people. If people think these "phenomenons" are hostile and wanting to take over the earth we would have no issues granting billions of dollars for research and development to the military to protect ourselves. That's just human nature, self preservation.
But let's see first if they are hostile/threatening before making assumptions. If they are of alien origin they may be just observing us like how we go into the wilderness and observe animals.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
See I'm really conflicted on this topic. The whole "threat" platform. First of all I get it, if something is in our airspace and its running circles around our best aircrafts then there should be a concern. I wont argue with that but classifying it as a threat is little too much. I know all about instilling fear into people. If people think these "phenomenons" are hostile and wanting to take over the earth we would have no issues granting billions of dollars for research and development to the military to protect ourselves. That's just human nature, self preservation.
But let's see first if they are hostile/threatening before making assumptions. If they are of alien origin they may be just observing us like how we go into the wilderness and observe animals.
yes, ive mentioned this before, i can believe in intelligent life all across the universe, i can belive they might vist the earth, but i dont believe they would continue to vist the earth and just troll us with isolated landings with unreliable people who have no way to verify their claims. if we are being visited, i think we would know and it would be world wide news.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
yes, ive mentioned this before, i can believe in intelligent life all across the universe, i can belive they might vist the earth, but i dont believe they would continue to vist the earth and just troll us with isolated landings with unreliable people who have no way to verify their claims. if we are being visited, i think we would know and it would be world wide news.
A3.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Crop circles make Baby Jesus cry. Seriously. Come on man!

I see I missed a lot over the weekend. Repeating myself, but my big thing with the whole "UFO cover up" is why and how? Why would they keep it from us, since thousands of sightings a year are reported, and apparently a higher percentage of people than I'd have thought possible believe they exist? And how could they manage to keep something this huge a secret for the better part of a century? I mean, this isn't only the US government we're supposedly talking about here. I'm supposed to believe the USSR split up and no convincing evidence came from that? Or that some soy cunt pro-immigrant Euro leader hasn't released it all in the hopes of attracting alien illegal immigrants?? (Slight sarcasm, but not completely, they've done stupider shit already.)

And for MFF, if we have anti-grav tech and such, but we humans created it ourselves and didn't get it from aliens...why are we hiding that? It makes no sense that we'd hide certain tech for this long. I get hiding the atomic bomb research, and anything clearly mega-destructive, but even was hidden for only a fraction of the time this stuff has supposedly been secret. Is anti-grav so dangerous because terrorists could make buildings float up into space? We've already got easier ways to kill people in buildings, that cost a lot less time and money.

I've explained my position many times, but I just can't answer those questions with anything more convincing to me than that it is all made up (whether intentionally or not). Some people seem to need to believe in something bigger than their mundane lives. There's nothing wrong with that, but I need a lot more to convince me.

Essential oils are the UFOs of the 2010s. Scientifically they do nothing, but millions of people believe they do anyway. Change my mind!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

I see I missed a lot over the weekend. Repeating myself, but my big thing with the whole "UFO cover up" is why and how? Why would they keep it from us, since thousands of sightings a year are reported, and apparently a higher percentage of people than I'd have thought possible believe they exist? And how could they manage to keep something this huge a secret for the better part of a century? I mean, this isn't only the US government we're supposedly talking about here. I'm supposed to believe the USSR split up and no convincing evidence came from that? Or that some soy cunt pro-immigrant Euro leader hasn't released it all in the hopes of attracting alien illegal immigrants?? (Slight sarcasm, but not completely, they've done stupider shit already.)

And for MFF, if we have anti-grav tech and such, but we humans created it ourselves and didn't get it from aliens...why are we hiding that? It makes no sense that we'd hide certain tech for this long. I get hiding the atomic bomb research, and anything clearly mega-destructive, but even was hidden for only a fraction of the time this stuff has supposedly been secret. Is anti-grav so dangerous because terrorists could make buildings float up into space? We've already got easier ways to kill people in buildings, that cost a lot less time and money.

Essential oils are the UFOs of the 2010s. Scientifically they do nothing, but millions of people believe they do anyway. Change my mind!

Essential Oil users think it's the oils doing the magic. Science decries that they have no measurable method of proving they work and assume they are bullshit. The truth is, essential oils fragrances trigger these peoples smell recognition. The memories that come forth, or the mantra that's applied to the smell kicks in and the brain switches its behavior upon the trigger.
2kj615.jpg

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk

I've explained my position many times, but I just can't answer those questions with anything more convincing to me than that it is all made up (whether intentionally or not). Some people seem to need to believe in something bigger than their mundane lives. There's nothing wrong with that, but I need a lot more to convince me.

Why does anyone keep anything hidden? Knowledge is power.

When the authority that is supposed to keep you safe cannot claim to be the holding all the cards, what's the point in allowing them to dictate the game anymore?

I have a hard time believing most folks wouldn't completely lose their shit if confronted with the reality that the universe is full of life, we are visited regularly and the government cannot do shit about it.

• 3Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Why does anyone keep anything hidden? Knowledge is power.

When the authority that is supposed to keep you safe cannot claim to be the holding all the cards, what's the point in allowing them to dictate the game anymore?

I have a hard time believing most folks wouldn't completely lose their shit if confronted with the reality that the universe is full of life, we are visited regularly and the government cannot do shit about it.
They would lose their fucking minds. Like you stated knowledge is power. It's all about having the upper hand for that just in case moment. Staying one step ahead. Thats the main reason why the military is compartmentalized with their top secret projects. That's why they are going with private sectors (Skunk Works, Black Widow ect) to do their R&D cause the Freedom of Information act does not apply to them. Anyone who was in the military should know how secretive it can be. Just how they are and always will be.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So did the aliens only appear to the US govt? Not the USSR, China, Japan, India, any of Europe? Or they did, and somehow all of them are still keeping it secret just for "power" over the little people? Why hasn't one of those popped our cherry to get one over on the US?

And why are the aliens still doorbell ditching us with flybys practically every day? Aren't they in on the whole "keep it secret" thing?

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Void said:
If we have anti-grav tech and such, but we humans created it ourselves and didn't get it from aliens...why are we hiding that? It makes no sense that we'd hide certain tech for this long.
It's not being hidden is the answer. Various forms of anti grav exist that we know about. There's Quantum Locking and Magnetic Levitation etc, there's nothing to say that what's being seen must be using gravitons.

If saucer shaped UFOs are experimental craft, then the tech just probably doesn't work very well. I'd guess that the design was abandoned, the UFOs being seen now more resemble advanced drone swarms.

You could imagine that somewhere like China could have drones which are smaller than US designs and more manuverable as a result, perhaps launching off a submarine to test in the Pacific.

You could also imagine that if the US drones killing terrorists and Iran is shooting down are public, what do they have in secret?

It's be hilarious if those saucer shaped craft just used downwards facing jet engines and they used the tech in Harrier Jump Jets. Keeping the original designs secret because they think they could be useful when tech progresses (e.g. AI pilot needed because of the spin).

• 3Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's not being hidden is the answer. Various forms of anti grav exist that we know about. There's Quantum Locking and Magnetic Levitation etc, there's nothing to say that what's being seen must be using gravitons.

If saucer shaped UFOs are experimental craft, then the tech just probably doesn't work very well. I'd guess that the design was abandoned, the UFOs being seen now more resemble advanced drone swarms.

You could imagine that somewhere like China could have drones which are smaller than US designs and more manuverable as a result, perhaps launching off a submarine to test in the Pacific.

You could also imagine that if the US drones killing terrorists and Iran is shooting down are public, what do they have in secret?

It's be hilarious if those saucer shaped craft just used downwards facing jet engines and they used the tech in Harrier Jump Jets. Keeping the original designs secret because they think they could be useful when tech progresses (e.g. AI pilot needed because of the spin).
Contrary to popular belief I'm sure, I do appreciate when people try to respond with reasonable answers to my questions, so thank you for that.

That being said, I'd say we're a long way on both of those technologies from what I would call anti-gravity. Technically you are correct, both of those technologies "levitate" objects. Except, they actually just repel them from something else that has to be part of the system, whether that be a train rail or a magnetic field, etc. Currently, it does not appear that either of those technologies would have any use in a craft that is thousands of feet above anything, much less one that is capable of rapid and abrupt maneuvers. Sure, there is always the chance that those technologies get improved and one day it works far beyond our expectations, but nothing has been shown to indicate that is the case today. Not even a tiny bit.

As I have stated many times in this thread, I find it hard to believe that somewhere in a secret lab a group of scientists has achieved these amazing breakthroughs (and I'm talking exponential breakthroughs, not just incremental ones as normally happens), and no one else has even come close. I'm not going to yet again go into all the specific reasons I feel this is an accurate statement about the state of "inventions and breakthroughs" unless someone else cares, but my point is that these things don't happen in a vacuum. Either a series of events happens little by little over time, with each step becoming public knowledge, or the current civilization-wide pool of knowledge is ripe for a huge breakthrough, meaning everyone that ever even considered it would have to be scooped up and silenced by the government. Sorry, governments not singular government, since science doesn't just happen here in the US. That also means that all those other governments have to be on the same page in terms of keeping it hidden from the public. And don't forget, they've been doing it for decades, because these sightings with these kinds of maneuvers aren't just from the last few years.

So, while both of those techs certainly "levitate" objects, there is nothing to indicate that they are anywhere near the point of producing results like those supposedly attributed to various sightings, and I don't buy that somehow we've advanced that far and kept it completely secret for decades. That's not even getting into the types of materials that would be required to allow those kinds of maneuvers either. I spent many a semester in college calculating material stresses and failures etc. and anyone with an interest can find the info as well. EVEN IF you somehow had the tech to zip a craft hither and fro with some anti-grav tech that eliminated the need for wings or control surfaces that we typically use for flight and steering, and even if we eliminate the pilot so that there's no squishy mess all over the inside when you're done, air resistance and momentum are still a thing. You don't make abrupt course changes at those speeds without some serious structural integrity. Imagine your car is somehow flying thousands of miles an hour in a straight line. Now, thanks to your spiffy new Mr. Anti-Grav booster connected to your V-8 engine, you are capable of (remotely, remember the splatter) making that car abruptly change direction and now it is going straight up at thousands of miles an hour. Except, it soon slows and eventually crashes back to earth. Why? Because your V-8 engine kept going straight, tearing itself through the front of the car in the process. Momentum doesn't work the way it supposedly does in many of those sightings. You would have to have some kind of momentum dampener/absorber as well. Or materials that are orders of magnitude stronger and more resilient than anything we currently have. Take your pick, neither of those things currently exist. And likely won't for a long, long time, if ever. And if it does exist, again, somehow they've kept it hidden and undiscovered by the general populace. Do you have any idea what a material that could withstand that sort of force would do to our everyday lives? Much less a momentum dampener? The company that discovered either or both of those and started mass-producing it would make trillions. Almost every single death by car accident could be stopped by a momentum dampener, at the very least. And bridges and buildings and shit wouldn't collapse with those kinds of materials. Sure, the cost might be prohibitive right now, but you think someone wouldn't figure out how to mass produce it or decrease the cost for society-changing concepts like those? And with the trillions of dollars you'd get to invest in R&D? You don't keep that sort of thing under cover long. And that's ignoring the whole anti-grav tech thing too, which might be worth even more. Trips to the moon? No problem!

That's just one tip of the discussion. If they (and by that I mean multiple world governments) are sitting on that sort of tech because they think it would freak us out, or because they think it gives them power over us little people, and they are somehow keeping every aspect of it hidden, it would literally be the biggest scandal of all time. And the best kept secret of all time.

And if we happened to get all that tech above from actual aliens? That would dwarf the aforementioned best kept secret by a huge margin.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Essential Oil users think it's the oils doing the magic. Science decries that they have no measurable method of proving they work and assume they are bullshit. The truth is, essential oils fragrances trigger these peoples smell recognition. The memories that come forth, or the mantra that's applied to the smell kicks in and the brain switches its behavior upon the trigger.
I forgot to comment on this. This explanation here is exponentially better than every single explanation I've ever heard from the Essential Oil Moms on Facebook. I mean, I still don't really think EOs do anything besides magically transfer money from them to the people above them on their pyramid, but this one actually has some merit to it.

• 3Like