The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is somewhat tangential, but it's somewhat relevant and it's personal to me so I can speak with some confidence about the subject: back during 'nam, my father was in the USAF. He lucked out and tested high on the language aptitude test. Got to go to the language school or some shit in Monterrey, CA. (He said it was unbelievable; gorgeous weather, gorgeous women, and easy day-to-day in his classes.)

Anyway, he was one of two dudes picked to learn Russian instead of Vietnamese. He ended up riding in the back of a spy plane working under contract for the NSA spying on the ruskies from the Bering Strait, listening to their comms. His group's entire mission was to use the information gathered from the Russian comms to determine actual assets and numbers of troops, artillery, tanks, etc. They basically determined that the actual number of military assets the russians had were about 1/5th of what was projected at that time.

To think the Russians had a more valuable and effective intelligence service than ours is laughable. Maybe on the human asset level, but technologically? They had 0 way to actually make any of that Intel work for them to get them ahead of the USA.

It's been drunks and boobs all the way down the entire time, just like today.
well they did actually build one. not that it was much good, but they did make a space shuttle clone.
1280px-Buran_on_An-225_%28Le_Bourget_1989%29_1.JPEG

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
How many of the balloons warranted cordoning off huge swaths of highway with an intense military presence for retrieval?

It's almost as if people discount the accounts of the citizens of Roswell, which are all but lost on the internet, found only in classic UFO lore in favor of whatever is easiest to explain away for a situation that was anything but normal.

As a radar operator who closed out Iraq in 2011, we had a weird situation that transpired with one of our aerial refuelers in the dead of night. Orange cigar shaped object flew over the starboard wing and hovered in front of the tanker while it flew its orbit. The pilots were unable to contact us until the object left the area. Defense officer told them they'd be debriefed when they RTB'd. After action report said it was a meteor shower.

Probably ball lightning on a clear night, and chose to just sit and hover in front of their aircraft while it flew around in its racetrack pattern, lol. Wait.. no it had to be a meteor shower that was suspended in air by a huge updraft.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How many of the balloons warranted cordoning off huge swaths of highway with an intense military presence for retrieval?

It's almost as if people discount the accounts of the citizens of Roswell, which are all but lost on the internet, found only in classic UFO lore in favor of whatever is easiest to explain away for a situation that was anything but normal.

As a radar operator who closed out Iraq in 2011, we had a weird situation that transpired with one of our aerial refuelers in the dead of night. Orange cigar shaped object flew over the starboard wing and hovered in front of the tanker while it flew its orbit. The pilots were unable to contact us until the object left the area. Defense officer told them they'd be debriefed when they RTB'd. After action report said it was a meteor shower.

Probably ball lightning on a clear night, and chose to just sit and hover in front of their aircraft while it flew around in its racetrack pattern, lol. Wait.. no it had to be a meteor shower that was suspended in air by a huge updraft.
lol, you're mocking ball lightning which is an acknowledged phenomena while you're talking about something that has an equally mysterious origin. i'm not telling you this is bad because this happens. i'm saying throw all of it in the pot and lets see what we can make out of it. i watched those civilian reports about roswell back in the 80s and 90s. they're odd and seem to imply something greater than an experimental weather balloon. but its still a far jump to imply that it must be aliens. why does it have to be aliens? its because this culture has been conditioned through science fiction for the last 100 years to believe that anything out of the ordinary must be so. lets just stop at calling it something we have no concept of outside of media and try to have an open mind.

you know that they claim that those missing navy planes on a training mission back in the 40s and the subsequent missing rescue ship was due to a giant methane bubble? they basically equated the entire region known as the Bermuda Triangle as a methane danger spot. this was only 18 years ago. before that everyone KNEW it had to be aliens.
there was no reason to believe such a thing, but damn it. it had to be those fucking aliens. methane bubbles arent sexy and dont sell nearly as well.

-edit.
i know i'm pissing people off. you think i'm saying it isnt aliens. im saying ok maybe it could be aliens, but in my opinion, thats highly unlikely due to the nonsencial manner in which these things are witnessed along with their "craft" being all manner of shapes, sizes colors and movement. if it was a form of intelligent life doing intelligent things, it would not be doing what its doing. therefore i am concluding that many or all of these incidents are misunderstood for something else and more likely to have a mundane explanation. yeah, more boring unsexy explanations. we as a species, desperately try to put a label on things we have no normal explanation for. you see some giant brown thing moving in the woods on two legs. your mind starts to race. its starting to unravel because giant brown creatures strutting around in the wood is impossible. you say, is it a bear? no its not a bear, its walking on 2 legs and bears walk on 4. then your mind says. its gotta be Bigfoot. i heard about that. your mind calms down and now that glimpse of brown mass in the woods starts to look like Harry from Harry and the Hendersons. ditto with UFOs. strange lights in the sky. oh shit what is that? its gotta be space aliens like in Close Encounters. mind reinforces the image. you calm down. anyway. before everyone shits on me. all I'm doing is suggesting that lets keep that brown blob jogging in the woods as a brown blob and those pesky lights dancing around in the sky as a bunch of strange objects floating around for no reason. we dont know what it is, but boy is it strange.

one last thing. what really started me down the path of doubt was the people who grift others who believe this stuff with hoaxes or deception to gain fame or monetary wealth. why you gotta scam people with fake shit when the real thing is out there? its real, right? maybe there really is space aliens visiting this planet, but how do you weed out the bullshit from the real deal? my thing is ancient civilizations and the mysterious construction methods employed in our deep past. even in the ancient civ community i have to shake my head at some of the conclusions people come to about certain topics. i really despise how some have tainted the whole thing with the fucking alien shit. so when you talk about this stuff with a layman, they give you that smirky look like you're "one of those" people. i am not "one of those" people. i just like mysteries, but i am also intelligent enough to spot bullshit when i see it. ancient civ stuff is very vague because all this stuff happened so long ago that you cant really say with any certainty what really happened. other than the narrative being pushed by the science community doesnt always line up with the evidence you can see with your own eyes.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Not going to quote that wall of text but I don't like implying or telling people that anything is alien. I really just like to get people to atleast ask questions and acknowledge that something is peculiar, and what they think it is, is entirely up to them.

The instance I experienced while on shift regarding the UFO was pretty significant. The pilots were pretty frantic when they finally established communications with us because they had no idea what they were witnessing or whether they were in danger. We never had it on our radar. But it did go from flying over their wing, to hovering in front of them, then shooting like a rocket into the sky in the blink of an eye per their testimony & report.

And I acknowledge that ball lightning is a real phenomenon, but laugh at its application to explain events that may not be ball lightning.

And I agree I hate grifters in the field of UFOlogy. Stanton Friedman, who I never had the pleasure of meeting but did communicate with, was an example of a true investigator who approached everything with a skeptical mind, but did enough due diligence to understand that there is a small % of reports that were conclusively unexplainable. That's the kind of approach I appreciate. Not everything is aliens, nothing should be twisted to make it aliens, but if something is genuinely not explainable, then say it and don't pile on a lot of conjecture to classify it as conventional or easily explainable.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I have enjoyed this guy's video series where he gives a brief synopsis of all the terms on some gigantic conspiracy iceberg. The latest had a cool one called The Ocean at Night about 20 minutes into the vid about earthquakes and and several countries' navys going to fight "pirates" in the Gulf of Aden in 2010 as a cover for a giant sea creature they woke up with a giant lightbulb.

I went searching for more about it and found another interesting channel/podcast with hundreds of videos. The one I found most interesting there is about 90s Memphis rappers involved in a satanic ritual.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
This thread is ridiculous. No idea how you guys can waste your life chasing big foot nothingburgers.

• 3Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users