The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I read a long time ago about the Maurie's in New Zealand talking of giants and there's places no one can go because of bad magic .. or something.. it was a long time ago I read it

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
The aboriginals have stories of tall people too .. plenty of artwork showing them as well

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a giant skeleton in a museum in south america somewhere according to a dodgy youtube vid I watched a few weeks ago. The speaker had this odd theory that there were 100+ foot tall giants in africa but their bodies contained gold so people mined their bones for it or something

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's a giant skeleton in a museum in south america somewhere according to a dodgy youtube vid I watched a few weeks ago. The speaker had this odd theory that there were 100+ foot tall giants in africa but their bodies contained gold so people mined their bones for it or something
try to keep in mind that these "giants" were just tall people. back then average human height was only about five feet tall , so somebody like a Goliath, a massive titan, was about as tall as your average NBA player. a lot of this was people equating to what was written in the bible as fact along with many civilizations building extra large structures to give the illusion of giants living there to scare off enemies.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I can't really recommend watching all of this as it meanders alot:

But it presents a new (to me) idea about dates being shuffled about in fairly recent history. I'd never heard this before.

I mainly clicked on it because I'd heard that recently a bunch of old artifacts were being stolen here and there. The site of the ark in ethiopia recently etc, but it wasn't about that.

It has something to do with a line of romanian kings. And then there are alot of old art works with the letter i before the date to indicate years since christ or something. Then alot of those dates got interpreted as the i being a 1. Just wondering if there's a better explanation of this theory somewhere.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm drawing a blank: I'm looking for a forum that spends their times "debunking" or at least giving alternative explanations for certain modern UFO sightings. A few of the cases I read were extremely thorough and interesting at least.

Help a brother out!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I'm drawing a blank: I'm looking for a forum that spends their times "debunking" or at least giving alternative explanations for certain modern UFO sightings. A few of the cases I read were extremely thorough and interesting at least.

Help a brother out!
There's always Metabunk.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I was looking for a site like that or anything similar to it for a while. A guy in one of those threads says it, the mouthbreathing bullshit on main channel venues like r/UAP and r/UFOs is awful reading. Same debunked vids getting posted over and over and not a lot of tolerance for the people doing work and debunking hoaxes. I feel that shit ('unfun' as it is) is just as important as approaching this stuff with an open mind.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was looking for a site like that or anything similar to it for a while. A guy in one of those threads says it, the mouthbreathing bullshit on main channel venues like r/UAP and r/UFOs is awful reading. Same debunked vids getting posted over and over and not a lot of tolerance for the people doing work and debunking hoaxes. I feel that shit ('unfun' as it is) is just as important as approaching this stuff with an open mind.
definitely more important to have somebody call out bullshit. cuz if you have a hundred people repeat the same view, it tends to enforce itself as truth whether its actually true or not. as ive been saying, there has never been one instance of a clear HD image of a UFO. thats why they are UFOs. so you have no choice but to work from the fact that what people are claiming as this or that are only giving their opinion. the burden of proof is on them to show how what they are saying is actually the case. keep an open mind, but dont blindly believe what you want to see is what you're seeing.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
definitely more important to have somebody call out bullshit. cuz if you have a hundred people repeat the same view, it tends to enforce itself as truth whether its actually true or not. as ive been saying, there has never been one instance of a clear HD image of a UFO. thats why they are UFOs. so you have no choice but to work from the fact that what people are claiming as this or that are only giving their opinion. the burden of proof is on them to show how what they are saying is actually the case. keep an open mind, but dont blindly believe what you want to see is what you're seeing.

100% - I mostly don't pay attention to any modern one-off UFO sightings or videos. With the state of technology today, virtually anything can be faked. Plenty more attention seekers these days with social media being everywhere.

• 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
100% - I mostly don't pay attention to any modern one-off UFO sightings or videos. With the state of technology today, virtually anything can be faked. Plenty more attention seekers these days with social media being everywhere.
its still surprisingly hard to CGI up a believable UFO or flying saucer type image. thats why the hoaxers still go lowtech. you can convincingly con a lot more people with just a street light and a shitty camera you shake around at night than spending lots of money to have an image created to dance around in the sky.

• 1Dislike

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I'm gonna ignore the obvious bait there and instead go with my utter (not) shock that our "Top spy chief" is a woman. And a jew, if you're a Mario-lite. No offense to all you alien believers, but most women can't even decide if they are friends with other women any particular day, much less tell what is or is not an alien.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users