The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
sorry, man. im asking how much would it cost to carve that room out of a solid cliff like it was done at Petra?
And I am saying a granite of that unique color would be in demand enough that the rock that filled the void being carved out would pay for most if not all the cost to do so. Otherwise it wouldn't be such a large and lucrative industry.

Now if you are asking about carving that out of a cliff like the picture, that is another story. You showed a well squared room with some arches. That would be nothing.
This new image, the cost would run into the millions easy.
Many of the ancient things done were done over lifetimes, slave labor or just food and water supplied.
Now you have reasonable wages( for regions ), permits, oversight, tool and equipment costs and still the many thousands of hours labor.
Better off making a castle with a moat filled with Tide Pods.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And I am saying a granite of that unique color would be in demand enough that the rock that filled the void being carved out would pay for most if not all the cost to do so. Otherwise it wouldn't be such a large and lucrative industry.

Now if you are asking about carving that out of a cliff like the picture, that is another story. You showed a well squared room with some arches. That would be nothing.
This new image, the cost would run into the millions easy.
Many of the ancient things done were done over lifetimes, slave labor or just food and water supplied.
Now you have reasonable wages( for regions ), permits, oversight, tool and equipment costs and still the many thousands of hours labor.
Better off making a castle with a moat filled with Tide Pods.
ok, now how difficult would it be if you only had bronze tools/chisels?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Didnt cost shit other than slave labor, like most of the ancient world was built upon slaves backs.

Oldbased

> Than U
ok, now how difficult would it be if you only had bronze tools/chisels?
You would need the lifetime devotion of a few hundred men.
If time was frozen, you could accomplish that with twice weekly supply caravans, some female sex slaves and a few dozen well armed men with whips and many years.
The cost would have been gold and silver and the pleasure of living in that hot hellhole with no fans or AC and constant fires burning at night for warmth and to cast shadows to see the bastards being whipped at day, coming to slit your throat at night.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Didnt cost shit other than slave labor, like most of the ancient world was built upon slaves backs.
i dunno about Petra, but the head egyptologists all say the Pyramids were built by paid contractors in the space 30 or so years. would be pretty hard to get slave labor to do such finework. with bronze tools

Oldbased

> Than U
i dunno about Petra, but the head egyptologists all say the Pyramids were built by paid contractors in the space 30 or so years. would be pretty hard to get slave labor to do such finework. with bronze tools
Slaves, oddly enough took pride working their entire lifetimes on such things. No matter if you were slave or "free" life was the same harshness for both.
They had no cars, tv, or such things to distract them. It eat, shit, work, sleep for near everyone but the most highly privileged.
Such beauty was often rewarded with the same things a free person would work to enjoy.
Wines, ales, better food, women, and in certain regions battles or entertainment.
Spending an entire day to make a sq foot of rock look amazing was just part of life.

Despite what Hollywood tells you, there was 2 kinds of slavers.
Those that treated them very well and got shit done and those who abused them and eventually had their throat slit.
Many of the slaves of those periods were WHITE.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The image of slaves as destitute people worked to the bone by a master with a whip is not historically accurate. Sure it happened at times, but by and large the situation was different. Slaves were your property and they had value, much like a farm horse. Like a farm horse, if you underfeed it or mistreat it too much it will not work as well (or die), leaving you worse off. There were also plenty of slaves that were taught skills like carpentry or cooking as this would increase their value at auction. If you were going to own someone to prepare your meals for you, you'd want it to be someone that knows how to cook.

During the Saturnalia, the Romans would swap places with their slaves for a few days, they would serve them the finest foods and the slaves could speak their mind freely.

There's plenty to dislike about slavery but the image of slaves as a mass of unthinking, starving sheeple whipped into action by a mustache-twirling villain with a whip is largely fiction.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Slaves, oddly enough took pride working their entire lifetimes on such things. No matter if you were slave or "free" life was the same harshness for both.
They had no cars, tv, or such things to distract them. It eat, shit, work, sleep for near everyone but the most highly privileged.
Such beauty was often rewarded with the same things a free person would work to enjoy.
Wines, ales, better food, women, and in certain regions battles or entertainment.
Spending an entire day to make a sq foot of rock look amazing was just part of life.

Despite what Hollywood tells you, there was 2 kinds of slavers.
Those that treated them very well and got shit done and those who abused them and eventually had their throat slit.
Many of the slaves of those periods were WHITE.

The point that Chuck is eluding to is that no amount of slaves regardless of time given would be able to accomplish the task because it's physically impossible. Even with modern technology it would be an incredibly difficult undertaking so how the fuck did primitive people manage to accomplish it. The answer can only possibly be that they either had help from far more advanced beings who possessed said technology or said beings built it themselves.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I dunno.

I thought hard about this kinda stuff, and really, I don't know if this is understanding the world more or just my old age of almost 42, but have any of you really sat in a quiet room and picture something for a moment: We are all existing on a ball of rock that is (for the lack of a better word) floating in space. Whatever "space" is, that is so wide open and full of so much empty space that in the next few million years when Andromeda and Milky Way galaxy collide with one another, it's extremely likely that nothing will actually hit each other and simply pass through each other. The intense vastness, that our sun is one of... trillions and trillions of stars. And all of this is floating in something that goes on for eternity. Oh sure, our observable universe is 15 billion light years, but what does this even mean? If you are located at the point 15 billion light years away from us *right now* can you see 15 billion light years further than we can observe? How does this work? Is space truly infinite? And if so, how did this come to be?

I think as humans we take these things that we simply cannot wrap our head around and attempt to give explanations around it (re: God). Think about it for a bit, seriously. Just take space as an example -- how could that not be a supernatural force? Not saying aliens, but I'm saying the creator of space, or even the events of how it came to be (big bang or otherwise). What decided space to be here. What was occupying the spot you're at 500 trillion years ago? Was there anything? Did it exist? Where did it come from? Oh yes, space "expands" but in order for it to expand, there has to be area for it to expand into.

So I think people explain things off to Gods, Aliens, or general super natural forces because of the inability to comprehend facts around you. If your eyes play a legit trick on you and you saw something supernatural with your own eyes, you'll likely never be able to convince another -- but you observed it. You saw it. It's real to you.

Agree, I don't think our brains apart from a few mutants like Einstein and Hawking etc are big enough to comprehend space

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Agree, I don't think our brains apart from a few mutants like Einstein and Hawking etc are big enough to comprehend space
I dunno. I feel like growing up anytime I learned about space stuff whether it was from a book, movie, being at a science-type museum, whatever, everyone tries to impress the audience with saying how big space is. It's like, Calc I first lecture, "Newton invented this shit offhand to answer planetary motion for fun between sessions of staring at the sun. Also if the sun was the size of the nearby elementary school, the earth would be the size of my cock and would have to be as far away from the school as my restraining order is from kids which is why I'm a professor and not a teacher."

I've seen the below info presented in so many ways, the scale of space, or the scale of atoms, is no more mysterious than thinking about the number of grains of sand on a beach.

If the Moon Were Only 1 Pixel - A tediously accurate map of the solar system

That being said, perspectives are a hard thing to adjust. I can totally imagine a 40 year old dude who grew up without even thinking about sizes, distance and counts in space being downright blown away by it.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
right now ive been deep into ancient high technology theories, that DO NOT include aliens. i'm trying to be reasonable.

look at this crazy shit.

Yeah, that's what is more interesting to me now as well. Graham Hancock type stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The point that Chuck is eluding to
*alluding

I cant take people seriously who have ostensibly speak English as a first language but have such a tenuous grasp on the English language

This thread title still rustles my jimmies multiple times a day

• 1Triggered

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The answer can only possibly be that they either had help from far more advanced beings who possessed said technology or said beings built it themselves.

Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Sorry for the crap video quality, I couldn't find a better one.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Sorry for the crap video quality, I couldn't find a better one.
I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't seem like he's done much more in the last ten years.

I was hoping that he'd remake stonehenge, complete with bridged concrete blocks on top of the upright ones.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Khalid or Gavin always throws that guy in my face whenever i bring up ancient high tech. making megaliths is easy, even a redneck can do it by himself in his backyard! yeah no, no explanation how ancient culture SAWED blacks of granite, transported them hundreds of miles to be fitted in a pyramid in the space of 30-40 years.
12 Wondrous Facts about the Great Pyramid of Giza
6. ABOUT 2.3 MILLION STONE BLOCKS WERE USED TO BUILD THE PYRAMID.

The quarry at Aswan, about 525 miles upriver, was the site for the stone used to make the massive blocks that comprise the pyramid. Each block weighs about 2.5 tons on average, and the pyramid itself is estimated to weigh 6.5 million tons.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I dunno. I feel like growing up anytime I learned about space stuff whether it was from a book, movie, being at a science-type museum, whatever, everyone tries to impress the audience with saying how big space is. It's like, Calc I first lecture, "Newton invented this shit offhand to answer planetary motion for fun between sessions of staring at the sun. Also if the sun was the size of the nearby elementary school, the earth would be the size of my cock and would have to be as far away from the school as my restraining order is from kids which is why I'm a professor and not a teacher."

I've seen the below info presented in so many ways, the scale of space, or the scale of atoms, is no more mysterious than thinking about the number of grains of sand on a beach.

If the Moon Were Only 1 Pixel - A tediously accurate map of the solar system

That being said, perspectives are a hard thing to adjust. I can totally imagine a 40 year old dude who grew up without even thinking about sizes, distance and counts in space being downright blown away by it.

Hawking close to his death made some kind of comment about the comprehension of space. I think he likened it to something along the lines of like humans trying to understand space is like an ant trying to understand a city. The scale is just so inconceivable and "impossible" to understand that our brains are simply incapable of it. Like, it's literally impossible to comprehend, even if we wanted to.

I dunno though, space is the one gigantic WTF.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
The point that Chuck is eluding to is that no amount of slaves regardless of time given would be able to accomplish the task because it's physically impossible. Even with modern technology it would be an incredibly difficult undertaking so how the fuck did primitive people manage to accomplish it. The answer can only possibly be that they either had help from far more advanced beings who possessed said technology or said beings built it themselves.
But can primitive people really afford the services of advanced alien stonemasons? What could be offered that they couldn't just take?

Advanced assholes stop to play with rocks and then just fucks off back to space like mission accomplished.:emoji_alien::smuggly::emoji_joy:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
If you take what one fat grandpa did fucking around in his back yard in his spare time and multiply it by hundreds or thousands of people working full time for decades, the results would be pretty impressive. Especially if you didn't mind killing a few of them now and then.

And if you compare what grandpa did in his backyard to what the ancients actually accomplished then you're actually pretty dumb. First of all, the weight of some of the blocks moved are up to 100x what that old man moved. No amount of man power or pullies and ropes could ever even budge some of the blocks that were moved. Furthermore, no amount of sand and time will cause you to cut and work granite and other even harder materials with the precision the ancients managed. If you look at some of the works, they literally match that of ultra modern technology and techniques.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
*alluding

I cant take people seriously who have ostensibly speak English as a first language but have such a tenuous grasp on the English language

This thread title still rustles my jimmies multiple times a day

"Who have ostensibly speak English"

If you're going to criticise people's grammar it's usually a good idea not to make a grammatical error yourself in the process, idiot.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users