The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
et tu Void? et tu?
Wait. Am I missing something? Please don't tell me that people think SCP stuff is real? They don't, right? It is all just fanfic loosely based around a "shared universe" so to speak, right? That's why I appreciate it, because it is sort of like the MCU but for horror and freaky out there shit. Well, I also know that there is a ton of BAD SCP stuff too, but the MCU has Captain Marvel and the Eternals, so same thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait. Am I missing something? Please don't tell me that people think SCP stuff is real? They don't, right? It is all just fanfic loosely based around a "shared universe" so to speak, right? That's why I appreciate it, because it is sort of like the MCU but for horror and freaky out there shit. Well, I also know that there is a ton of BAD SCP stuff too, but the MCU has Captain Marvel and the Eternals, so same thing.
you said you dont believe anything in this thread, i put a lot effort to show that the ancient civ stuff isnt bullshit

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Objects moving around the sun. Governments all over the world closed observatories for the sun in an 11 day period. Why? Dunno.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
you said you dont believe anything in this thread, i put a lot effort to show that the ancient civ stuff isnt bullshit
Ah ok, I was confused as to how I was betraying you. That makes sense now.

To be completely honest, I don't really associate this thread with ancient civ stuff that much. Not because you don't post prolific content about it, but because I don't really consume much of it. There hasn't been a lot of actual discussion on any of this stuff (ufos or civs) in a long time, it is mostly just videos and twitter feeds being posted. In the case of the videos, as I've said many times over the years, I can't watch them with sound at work, which means I just don't watch them. Once I leave work, unless I'm looking for something specific like the name of a book or movie someone mentioned, I don't even look at the board, so I don't ever come back and watch the countless videos I missed. I still haven't gone back to watch that Yuri(?) guy's video, the guy I like, because the moment I get home, I completely forget about it. So unless you guys have a discussion about something, all I see are the thumbnails of the videos or the shaky cellphone video posted on Twatter.

Over the long history of this thread I'm sure I've expressed my opinion on UFOs countless times, but not as many times on ancient civs. Without taking too much more time, I'm not opposed to the idea that there were more advanced civilizations than what we think, that existed earlier than we think. I do not think that they were super-advanced Wakanda-like societies (nor do I think you believe that, but correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm willing to consider that they were beyond what we learned in history books. I also do not believe that they necessarily had stuff like advanced machining techniques that we can't replicate or liquid stone technology or whatever. I'm not saying we know exactly how they did things like fit giant pieces of stone together precisely, but I don't think the truth is anything too improbably either. I see the "we still can't replicate it to this day!" phrase bandied about all over the internet, and that's where I tune out, because once people start replicating it all the qualifiers come out, like "well, I meant without modern tools or machines or computers." And then a guy does it by himself with a pickup truck, and it still doesn't matter.

Now, before you start giving me examples of things that aren't replicated, like maybe those melting stairs we argued about WAY back at the start of this thread (or another thread like it maybe), that was just an example. I'm admitting that maybe we don't know how everything was done, I just don't think it would necessarily shock anyone if we actually found out how it was done. Like, duh, we just never thought of that because we've always done it this way, but that totally makes sense. That kind of thing.

So when I made the statement that I don't believe anything in this thread, I was honestly referring to the UFO/alien/anti-grav/Element 420-69/government coverup bullshit. I'm not saying that I DO believe in ancient civs, but I am open to the possibility that "recorded history" is not completely accurate. I just don't think about it that much, honestly. And as further explanation, the batshit crazies I discuss this with in RL never ever delve into the ancient civ stuff either, it is all aliens, all the time. Thus, my focus on not believing any of that shit.

Sorry for the confusion. And I also know you probably weren't actually hurt by my comment, but I felt we've had a good enough relationship over all these years that I'd take the time to explain myself better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The Brazilian UFO hearings are wild as fuck. Thousands of videos, images, case files, military operations with zero redactions, lots more.
There's a guy that's transcribing and translating the whole thing to english. Will post whenever it's done.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Part 1. Hard to read it at times as the translation isn't perfect.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ah ok, I was confused as to how I was betraying you. That makes sense now.

To be completely honest, I don't really associate this thread with ancient civ stuff that much. Not because you don't post prolific content about it, but because I don't really consume much of it. There hasn't been a lot of actual discussion on any of this stuff (ufos or civs) in a long time, it is mostly just videos and twitter feeds being posted. In the case of the videos, as I've said many times over the years, I can't watch them with sound at work, which means I just don't watch them. Once I leave work, unless I'm looking for something specific like the name of a book or movie someone mentioned, I don't even look at the board, so I don't ever come back and watch the countless videos I missed. I still haven't gone back to watch that Yuri(?) guy's video, the guy I like, because the moment I get home, I completely forget about it. So unless you guys have a discussion about something, all I see are the thumbnails of the videos or the shaky cellphone video posted on Twatter.

Over the long history of this thread I'm sure I've expressed my opinion on UFOs countless times, but not as many times on ancient civs. Without taking too much more time, I'm not opposed to the idea that there were more advanced civilizations than what we think, that existed earlier than we think. I do not think that they were super-advanced Wakanda-like societies (nor do I think you believe that, but correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm willing to consider that they were beyond what we learned in history books. I also do not believe that they necessarily had stuff like advanced machining techniques that we can't replicate or liquid stone technology or whatever. I'm not saying we know exactly how they did things like fit giant pieces of stone together precisely, but I don't think the truth is anything too improbably either. I see the "we still can't replicate it to this day!" phrase bandied about all over the internet, and that's where I tune out, because once people start replicating it all the qualifiers come out, like "well, I meant without modern tools or machines or computers." And then a guy does it by himself with a pickup truck, and it still doesn't matter.

Now, before you start giving me examples of things that aren't replicated, like maybe those melting stairs we argued about WAY back at the start of this thread (or another thread like it maybe), that was just an example. I'm admitting that maybe we don't know how everything was done, I just don't think it would necessarily shock anyone if we actually found out how it was done. Like, duh, we just never thought of that because we've always done it this way, but that totally makes sense. That kind of thing.

So when I made the statement that I don't believe anything in this thread, I was honestly referring to the UFO/alien/anti-grav/Element 420-69/government coverup bullshit. I'm not saying that I DO believe in ancient civs, but I am open to the possibility that "recorded history" is not completely accurate. I just don't think about it that much, honestly. And as further explanation, the batshit crazies I discuss this with in RL never ever delve into the ancient civ stuff either, it is all aliens, all the time. Thus, my focus on not believing any of that shit.

Sorry for the confusion. And I also know you probably weren't actually hurt by my comment, but I felt we've had a good enough relationship over all these years that I'd take the time to explain myself better.
Yeah. I just fucking with ya. Though the cool thing about the ancient civ stuff is you can book a trip anytime and look at these things yourself and decide. Ancient civilizations are getting earlier and earlier. It's no longer considered fiction that the youngar dryas happened and wiped out much of the ancient world 12k years ago.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
unless you guys have a discussion about something, all I see are the thumbnails of the videos or the shaky cellphone video posted on Twatter.
This is me on the modern internet in general. Its like watching a bunch of deaf mutes pass around little colorful pictures to each other, interspersed with the occasional actual post. Theres basically no scenario where I'm gonna sit and watch a video online.

I have no idea why people abandoned the internet and instead turned it into a shitty smart TV