The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I was wondering just the other day on a similar vein that someone here mentioned earlier, whether the immense culling of the Human population, along with the harsh times that followed for millennia after the Younger Dryas period could have resulted in us losing some mental faculties, or having thought patterns changed. For example, could this ancient civilization have been a more peaceful one? Then due to the harsh life after the cataclysm it forced the worst out in people, just to survive, leading to aggressive traits to become more dominant? Possibly other traits too?

I'm open to the theories that they had discovered some ancient, now lost, form of acoustic technology for moving large structures. There seems to be some anecdotal evidence of such things in ancient texts, notably the destruction of the walls of Jericho.

To demonstrate my thinking, take for example current artistic capabilities. We live in an age with a very vibrant, diverse and robust artistic life, whether it be in music, movies, writing, painting, you name it, and have been for millennia. What would happen if a cataclysm wiped out 95% of the world's population, and those that survived had to be the hardy, no-nonsense, survivalist types, and practically all with high artistic talent died out. Fast forward 10k years, would the civilization that then arouse be likely to have similar capabilities in art as now? I doubt it. Sure, they would have art, possibly good art, but much different than what we call art now. So the same could be true of other mental faculties such as scientific reasoning and engineering abilities, or more to the point, the creative process used to come to conclusions and work out solutions to problems.

While not needed, it is still even more interesting to think along these lines if you go deeper and factor in theories such as the world being some form of either simulation, or that the mind creates the world in some way. Should that be the case, then changes to "the mind" could change the way we perceive "reality" - whatever reality actually is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was wondering just the other day on a similar vein that someone here mentioned earlier, whether the immense culling of the Human population, along with the harsh times that followed for millennia after the Younger Dryas period could have resulted in us losing some mental faculties, or having thought patterns changed. For example, could this ancient civilization have been a more peaceful one? Then due to the harsh life after the cataclysm it forced the worst out in people, just to survive, leading to aggressive traits to become more dominant? Possibly other traits too?

I'm open to the theories that they had discovered some ancient, now lost, form of acoustic technology for moving large structures. There seems to be some anecdotal evidence of such things in ancient texts, notably the destruction of the walls of Jericho.

To demonstrate my thinking, take for example current artistic capabilities. We live in an age with a very vibrant, diverse and robust artistic life, whether it be in music, movies, writing, painting, you name it, and have been for millennia. What would happen if a cataclysm wiped out 95% of the world's population, and those that survived had to be the hardy, no-nonsense, survivalist types, and practically all with high artistic talent died out. Fast forward 10k years, would the civilization that then arouse be likely to have similar capabilities in art as now? I doubt it. Sure, they would have art, possibly good art, but much different than what we call art now. So the same could be true of other mental faculties such as scientific reasoning and engineering abilities, or more to the point, the creative process used to come to conclusions and work out solutions to problems.

While not needed, it is still even more interesting to think along these lines if you go deeper and factor in theories such as the world being some form of either simulation, or that the mind creates the world in some way. Should that be the case, then changes to "the mind" could change the way we perceive "reality" - whatever reality actually is.
i think things were relatively similar 15k years ago to how they are im the last thousand years. you got your hunter gatherers. farmers , religious sects and the city folk. albeit at a possible smaller scale, though recent Lidar of one ancient mayan civ touted a potential million inhabitants, so maybe it wasnt so much smaller. i doubt things were more "peaceful". 15k years ago we still had the Cro-Magnons co existing with Anatomically Modern Humans. there must be a reason why Cro-Magnons arent around anymore. much like why there are no Ice Age animals like Wooly Mammoths or Sabertooth tigers. we modern humans likely killed the fuck out of them and if there were any left, the Younger Dryas removed the remainders. the Solutreans were in america before the "indians" got here, the Solutreans were europeans. they arent around either. lots of extinctions happened. either it was caused by man or this YD event. we need further research and yet we still may never know for sure. my opinion is that when the YD happened there was a massive loss of knowledge. no spaceships or shit like that, but just shit we didnt know we knew until we rediscovered it somewhat recently.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Anyone can take a high qual video of a stationary highway lamp, sir.

Occurred in a small coastal resort town just south of Tijuana named Rosarito. They were hovering over the oceanfront properties and the beach/water. Here is his original YouTube upload.

They clearly aren't lamps. Besides, that little town can barely afford to keep the resorts painted. They sure aren't going to spring for some elaborate light display. The towns event calendar has zilch listed for the past several weeks.
So either its Space Force or they've really upped thier CGI insertions while live streaming. I didnt know we had that function with live streaming...

Rosarito has had a few different sightings over the years that have made thier way online with no views.

I did check the video. No signs of tampering or bullshit. Guy keeps panning around and zooming in and out to do his best to show it isnt a trick while live streaming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't watch that video cause I'm at work, but I always find amusing that we see the moon everyday with it's thousand craters and don't flinch, but when we see one on earth we go omg aliens and secret civ !

• 1Worf

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I can't watch that video cause I'm at work, but I always find amusing that we see the moon everyday with it's thousand craters and don't flinch, but when we see one on earth we go omg aliens and secret civ !

there's no weather on the moon to get rid of craters, that's every crater that ever formed on the moon now, on earth almost all the craters of note are destroyed by the weather process except the ones still around based on size/time of impact to present

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
While I like the theory and all the Richat Structure is like 1000KM from the ocean as it is today. I have a hard time understanding that that much of West Africa was underwater even 20k years ago.
i think the theory is that it was some kind of mega tsunami that blew out the Richat Structure. some believe that the tectonic plates in the atlantic shifted due to the glaciers receding in north america at the end of the ice age. so when all that ice weight disappeared it brought the other end of the plate crashing down and caused this monster wave that wiped out the coast of western africa.
olho%2Bdo%2Bsaara.jpg

thus the legend of atlantis sinking beneath the waves. this is not my theory, i dont believe it and i am unsure if something like that is even possible. but its the explanation ive seen.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caliane

While I like the theory and all the Richat Structure is like 1000KM from the ocean as it is today. I have a hard time understanding that that much of West Africa was underwater even 20k years ago.
I'd argue, the easiest explication is just to take the word "sea" with a grain of salt. Granted, we could get into the argument of any of the tale is of course subject to "ifs and buts" if we started questioning any specifics. But thats also the reality. We are talking about Atlantis being something like 9000BCE, and 8500 years of oral history before getting to plato in 370bc.
Any element of the story even discounting myth, could be bullshit from oral tradition. then, there is also how shit old maps and geography was. look at the nile in that heroditis map.

Sahara was GREEN 7500-3000 BCE.
Neolithic Subpluvial - Wikipedia

Lake Chad - Wikipedia
"Lake Chad is the remnant of a former inland sea, paleolake Mega-Chad. At its largest, sometime before 5000 BC, Lake Mega-Chad was the largest of four Saharan paleolakes, and is estimated to have covered an area of 1,000,000 km2 (390,000 sq mi), larger than the Caspian Sea is today, and may have extended as far northeast as within 100 km (62 mi) of Faya-Largeau. "

http://www.asu.cas.cz/~jklokocn/AJG_2017_Sahara.pdf
Evidence is just for rivers around the ricart structure and Mauritania. possibly swampland.

So, could have been a lake. or, maybe even just ponds, and the "sea" was a major stretch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Sorry about this post...its more a ramble cause I'm not @home.
I have to dig sometime next week for it, but they belive they found "Atlantis" for real.
The name Atlanis makes you and everyone else automatically think Atlantic, but that's a misinterpretation.
It being just a fabled city also isnt correct.

Lemuria, Mu is the land Plato spoke of, and he learned this from the old texts and the...I wanna say priests but that isnt right either...Off the coast of India to Indonesia, to the coast of Africa. The continent looks like a big triangle, more or less.

Anyway, someone FOIAd some specific satellite data that showed what's under the ocean floor in that area and discovered there is definitely ruins under the waves.

Back to work time...

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I ran into lots of Lemurians in conan exiles. They worship that nutty Derketo goddess.
20180519142317_1.jpg

• 1Solidarity