The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

iannis

Musty Nester
I think he might have said "high tech tool marks" about 50 times in the 5 minutes that I watched.

You'd die if you tried to make a drinking game out of it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think he might have said "high tech tool marks" about 50 times in the 5 minutes that I watched.

You'd die if you tried to make a drinking game out of it.
i wasnt counting, seemed appropriate for the content. i mean how else you gonna make such finery in solid granite or basalt and your only available tools are a pile of rocks?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
they would have had metal tools and a versatile use of both fire and water in construction techniques. It's not stone age, he was talking bronze age. Which means soft metal tools.

A lot of these videos seem to give prehistoric builders both too much and too little credit at the same time.

They had some sort of stonecarving tools that we don't have anymore, obviously. Or else they had some exceptionally clever techniques for tools we do have that we don't require anymore. For example -- we build with concrete because it's fast and durable. We build with mortar because you don't HAVE to have perfect fit stones if you're willing to mortar them. What the guys tend to dismiss as regressions may be labor saving advances in technology. We just may not have the tools anymore because we don't need them anymore.

If the evidence for high technology is primarily that there are strange toolmarks that you can't explain that's not really evidence. That's just ignorance. You -could- make those marks he was showing as evidence of "high tech toolmarks" on stone with simple chisels or simple drills along with a judicious use of fire, though. If you were willing to invest the time to do it and then allowed 5000 years to weather away the evidence of your starts and stops. I've seen native american relics, gigantic stone pads, that bear the same sort of toolmarks. Injuns were quarrying for some reason. And if -they'd- had magic tools, neither one of us would be here.

Calling it "high tech toolmarks" is intentionally misleading. It's not being honest about what you're presenting.

What is really interesting is curved corners in megalith construction. First why. Second how. It is interesting. But I don't immediately jump to "it was aliens" or "they had to have powertools". Maybe they had a few dudes with nothing but time and some really really good sandpaper. And maybe it was the family business unto five generations. Or maybe, like that other video mentioned, those rocks were actually cast.

I do like the videos in general. Just that one, he was taking a very long time to say nothing in particular is all besides "wow! how could dummies have done this?" Well.. they fuckin did. I guess that lion relief was super important!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they would have had metal tools and a versatile use of both fire and water in construction techniques. It's not stone age, he was talking bronze age. Which means soft metal tools.

A lot of these videos seem to give prehistoric builders both too much and too little credit at the same time.

They had some sort of stonecarving tools that we don't have anymore, obviously. Or else they had some exceptionally clever techniques for tools we do have that we don't require anymore. For example -- we build with concrete because it's fast and durable. We build with mortar because you don't HAVE to have perfect fit stones if you're willing to mortar them. What the guys tend to dismiss as regressions may be labor saving advances in technology. We just may not have the tools anymore because we don't need them anymore.

If the evidence for high technology is primarily that there are strange toolmarks that you can't explain that's not really evidence. That's just ignorance. You -could- make those marks he was showing as evidence of "high tech toolmarks" on stone with simple chisels or simple drills along with a judicious use of fire, though. If you were willing to invest the time to do it and then allowed 5000 years to weather away the evidence of your starts and stops. I've seen native american relics, gigantic stone pads, that bear the same sort of toolmarks. Injuns were quarrying for some reason. And if -they'd- had magic tools, neither one of us would be here.

Calling it "high tech toolmarks" is intentionally misleading. It's not being honest about what you're presenting.

What is really interesting is curved corners in megalith construction. First why. Second how. It is interesting. But I don't immediately jump to "it was aliens" or "they had to have powertools". Maybe they had a few dudes with nothing but time and some really really good sandpaper. And maybe it was the family business unto five generations. Or maybe, like that other video mentioned, those rocks were actually cast.

I do like the videos in general. Just that one, he was taking a very long time to say nothing in particular is all besides "wow! how could dummies have done this?" Well.. they fuckin did. I guess that lion relief was super important!
you cant get this with some bronze shivs.
1280px-Puma_Punku6.jpg

you aint fitting fifty ton rocks with laser precision on bronze shivs either.
incawall.jpg

some of these cultures were stone age.

0b.jpg

thats from Easter Island. the same type of megaliths found globally are on this tiny island in the pacific. no metallurgy.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Aliens theories are dumb. But it doesn't take a genius to realize that the megalithic structures at say, Machu Pichu, were not built by the Inca at all. Why you might ask? Because we have historical record and hundreds of examples of Inca building techniques and architecture. The megalithic pieces were built using wildly different techniques and aesthetic. It's as different as looking at ancient Japanese buildings and ancient Roman ones.

I don't buy aliens or weird ancient power tools most of the time. I do 100% believe that the official historical record on humanity is wildly inaccurate however.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
you cant get this with some bronze shivs.
1280px-Puma_Punku6.jpg

Of course you can. There's been videos posted already here about drilling in hard rock with sand and a bow drill. Once you have a round hole it's just a matter of filing out the corners also with sand. It would take a while, but it's only impossible because you fold your arms and keep saying it is. The bigger mystery to me is how a primitive society would have the resources to devote as much time as they do to building this shit, but the technology part isn't all that improbable.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sand? if you can find any sand in the mountains of peru, please let me know. also let me know when one of those "derp it was a bow drill derp derp derp" people actually creates one of those 50 ton megaliths and sets it in place.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
You get sand by crushing rock, chuck. Since all of this construction is out of stone sand is one thing they would have had an excess of.

Sand will also turn into soil if you leave it on the ground and wait ten years. Which is why you don't see giant sand dunes everywhere there was early human settlement.

The tool marks do not have to be high tech, is what I'm saying. Presupposing that they are is alright, but not necessary. And it does not seem to fit the evidence.

Megaliths are indeed a source of wonder. How in the fuck...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You get sand by crushing rock, chuck. Since all of this construction is out of stone sand is one thing they would have had an excess of.

Sand will also turn into soil if you leave it on the ground and wait ten years. Which is why you don't see giant sand dunes everywhere there was early human settlement.

The tool marks do not have to be high tech, is what I'm saying. Presupposing that they are is alright, but not necessary. And it does not seem to fit the evidence.

Megaliths are indeed a source of wonder. How in the fuck...
ok so lets go through the process

1: crush rocks to make sand
2: bow drill
3: 3 inch bronze shivs
4: ???????
5:
sacsayhuaman-c01.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
You're mixing shit, man. I've said those megaliths defy that explaination.

My beef is with high tech tool marks. They're tool marks. Just tool marks.

Something was going on with Megaliths construction that we have flat out missed. And it's probably super obvious.

You know the giants staircase? I wonder if there are some places where natural processes form almost perfectly square stone. We wouldn't find them now because they were quarried and used.

I don't think that's it. But I'd go for that before aliens.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You're mixing shit, man. I've said those megaliths defy that explaination.

My beef is with high tech tool marks. They're tool marks. Just tool marks.

Something was going on with Megaliths construction that we have flat out missed. And it's probably super obvious.

You know the giants staircase? I wonder if there are some places where natural processes form almost perfectly square stone. We wouldn't find them now because they were quarried and used.

I don't think that's it. But I'd go for that before aliens.
I'm being a bit of a smart ass, but i'm also serious, you are NOT cutting those blocks and setting them in place with stone balls, 3 inch bronze shivs and bow drills. those megaliths need to be cut with some special tools we have no knowledge of. also they are fitted in such a precise way that its impossible to imagine even if they had ancient Makita tools. you have to imagine holding up a monstrous block while you are constantly shaving the lower and side blocks to make a fit. the only less harebrained theory i have is some kind of geopolymer process where these rocks werent always solid.

the tool marks are important to the megaliths because it explains part of the process and while you have 2 guys sawing some marks on soft stone with a bow drill, you never actually see them complete one damn thing. they never do because the work involved just to cut and shape one piece is so time consuming and ridiculous when you imagine these guys made untold thousands in spans THEY say only took 30 years.

we havent even gotten into the delivery system and placing of the rocks in such a short amount of time.

and please dont bring up aliens, i never do. there are no aliens and if there were, they wouldnt waste their time zipping through hundreds of light years in space just to get here and start a construction business to troll future civilizations.

iannis

Musty Nester
O h I know, but aliens is the undercurrent for most of these vids. I'm not accusing you of that.

Like I said, I do like most of the vids. You might get one of two good ideas surrounded by crazy in each one. Considering the subject matter, that is NOT bad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
O h I know, but aliens is the undercurrent for most of these vids. I'm not accusing you of that.

Like I said, I do like most of the vids. You might get one of two good ideas surrounded by crazy in each one. Considering the subject matter, that is NOT bad.
oh there is definitely some crazy in some of these videos. i try not to post those, the Indian guy thinks there is UFOs and stargates, or rather thats what he insinuates(i think he's pretending). the Brian Foerster guy has appeared on Ancient Aliens and he is obsessed with those elongated skulls. there is another guy who i watch, but i dont post his lecture videos. he believes in giants/nephillim and some conspiracy by the smithsonian to cover it up. i try to filter the crazy stuff out and only post the videos which are objective and still present legit mysteries . the Dr Charles vids have only recently become more stable. in the past his videos were way way more insane.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
there are also more out there theories that the earth was knocked off its original axis, while i need much more info to believe that, if true it may account for a lot of different things. i really hope we one day learn the truth. i think the ancient "handbags" in Gobekli Tepe is the smoking gun for the age of many ancient structures being much older than is being claimed.
Gobekli-Tepe-hanbag.jpg

GT is 12000 years old
700_50875b8e05792baab706c4ae8f714459.jpg

La-Venta-Gods.jpg

Enhanced_IMG_2513.jpg

so did this fad carry over for 8000 years to Egypt, Sumeria and South America's ancient art?

Are you saying that people are covering something up or that people are just fucking up the methods for dating things?

I always wonder why people think there would be some grand cover up. I think people researching the stuff would want the truth to be known just as much as us plebs.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
the tool marks are important to the megaliths because it explains part of the process and while you have 2 guys sawing some marks on soft stone with a bow drill, you never actually see them complete one damn thing. they never do because the work involved just to cut and shape one piece is so time consuming and ridiculous when you imagine these guys made untold thousands in spans THEY say only took 30 years.

The fact that some youtube guys don't want to spend a week cutting a stone just to prove that they can doesn't mean that if you have a couple hundred or even a couple thousand people working on it all day every day that they wouldn't be making a lot of progress even if it does take two guys a week of working all day to cut one block. The fact that we use machines to do pretty much all of that kind of work makes it hard to realize how much can be accomplished by just a bunch of humans busting their ass all day.

Argument from incredulity - RationalWiki

Last edited: