The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Soon as I watched the first clip I was about 80% sure it was staged by him. He's standing off to the left side of the screen to make room for where the ghost is in the shot, then it appears right after he says "mass grave". If you want something to look real it needs to be hard to spot, off the cuff, and not have the shot framed around it.

One thing I've learned watching The Why Files lately, because of how much he constantly has to debunk, is that hoaxes are freaking EVERYWHERE and make it super difficult to believe the real stories, and there are a lot of real stories in there. Things like people exposing MKUltra didn't get any credibility for a long time because people hear so much BS.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't realize other people had spotted it! I guess I should have known, the series came out awhile back. I'm just getting around to watching it.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Pretty clear these aliens didn't want to fuck with Portugal and would rather fuck around in spain, is what I'm seeing.
1663794206675.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
( 33) 1 962 Alportel ( Alga rve , Portugal ) Approximate year A peasant saw a very bright oval ob ject leave a p lace on a mounta in . A few days l ater he explored the pl ace and found a round excavat ion three meters deep and thirty meters in diameter . An expedit ion was organi zed in the town , and in the bottom they found three tunnels 3 m. high and 4 or 5 m. w ide , with evident traces of sound construction, which penetrated deep into the mounta in . They could go in the tunnels a l ong way, but , l acking adequate means of illum ination, it was imposs ible for them to reach the end . Later , the rel igious and c ivil authorit ies decided to prohib it explorat ion, and covered the opening with rocks . ( LDLN 1 2 1, January 1 973 , 17. )

This one is interesting but I can't find any mentions of strange or mysterious tunnels in Alportel back in the 60s.
Its a bit odd that they claim a lack of adequate illumination as the reason to stop.

Maybe its a good place to take a trip next summer and ask around with the older folks.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
There's so many of these all over youtube but the algo and search keeps them off the radar these days. It's crazy to think just how suppressed the platform has become compared to just a few years ago.
I'm really not into the whole UFO thing... but you are 100% correct about how algos and searches are burrying stuff.
Many a year ago I was dipping my toes into some drugs and stuff... and I used to be able to find so much information online about proper dosage and safe usage and what not.
All of that is now completely gone from the search engines.
Is this really a good thing? Take me at that point in time, would that stop me? no. But it did help back then to have some info and kind of knowing what I was getting into.

Anyways, these fucking twisted algos are fucking with the internet too much.
There is no truth anymore, there is only what they allow you to see.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm really not into the whole UFO thing... but you are 100% correct about how algos and searches are burrying stuff.
Many a year ago I was dipping my toes into some drugs and stuff... and I used to be able to find so much information online about proper dosage and safe usage and what not.
All of that is now completely gone from the search engines.
Is this really a good thing? Take me at that point in time, would that stop me? no. But it did help back then to have some info and kind of knowing what I was getting into.

Anyways, these fucking twisted algos are fucking with the internet too much.
There is no truth anymore, there is only what they allow you to see.

Anything potentially sensitive, salacious (if you're the right people) or contentious is curated out to 40-50 pages then the search just stops returning results. What made search engines useful has been twisted and censored into oblivion. Short of knowing extremely specific search terms a decent chunk of the internet is just dark.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's so many of these all over youtube but the algo and search keeps them off the radar these days. It's crazy to think just how suppressed the platform has become compared to just a few years ago.

Yeah. The Why Files has algorithm issues too. Guy has like 550K subscribers and yet whenever I search for his channel on most devices, it doesn't pop up in the search bar until I type out the full name. And then his actual videos will start like 3 videos down, behind other people's videos.

Kinda like how when I search for Styxhexenhammer, the first couple results I get are videos from some Vaush asshole "debunking Styx as a liar", so that I see that before I get to the actual Styx content.

Youtube is a farce.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Jimmy the bright insight guy has been making videos about search engines chopping off results after 20 pages. It's a bit over dramatic, DELETING THE INTERWEBS etc but I do remember in the past being able to go beyond page 20.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>

This guy's channel is tremendous. He generally presents evidence in a concise way without reaching a definitive conclusion, encouraging the viewer to do their own critical thinking. That's particularly good for kids, who definitely aren't taught much critical thinking in school anymore.

I've watched like a quarter of his videos this week, pretty much every chance I get.

The gist of his channel is basically "question everything". He also doesn't like mainstream media so he'd fit right in around here.
Just wanted to say thanks for linking this. Fantastic YouTuber no doubt.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I bet this has something to do with that Nashville bomber who got completely memory-holed. As I recall, he blew up one of these "windowless skyscrapers owned by AT&T"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just had a thought, maybe someone who understands time better can follow up on it. First of all, I've always been of the opinion that the massive uptick in UFO sightings in the late 40's was a result of our nuclear detonations. Either because someone saw them and came for a better look, or because the US and USSR immediately got into testing all kinds of new tech in secret that might have appeared to be UFOs.

What I know is that nuclear explosions emit a distinctive double-flash effect that is visible from space. Not just space, distant space. IIRC somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-30 light years depending on the size of the nuke. In theory someone orbiting Sirius and looking in our direction should be able to see the double flash happening around our star. With both the US and USSR testing nukes (and zillions of them) in the 50's and 60's, both sides of the planet would have been frequently strobing up.

Now in theory it would have taken a few years for the double flash to actually reach the vision of Sirius residents, if our understanding of light is correct. Unless they're closer than that or have ways to detect things like this (probes, deep space telescope/scanning platforms, etc).

So assuming all of this is right, here's the thought. The first nuclear test was Trinity in mid-1945. The first recorded sighting of "Foo Fighters" (aka UFOs seen by pilots) was in late 1944, before the first nuke test. I'm thinking 1947 being the start of mass UFO sightings works better with my nuke theory, but if we were starting to have them in 1944... does that mean the vistors were able to visually see or detect the light from our double-flashes BEFORE they happened and get here in time to see them? Is that possible, with the properties of light as we know it?

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
does that mean the vistors were able to visually see or detect the light from our double-flashes BEFORE they happened and get here in time to see them? Is that possible, with the properties of light as we know it?

No.

But if beings somehow had FTL travel (which as far as we currently know is also impossible, barring some sort of wormhole phenomena ?), they could travel backwards in time on their way here after seeing the event long after it happened.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We have a pretty good idea of what you would need to travel faster than light, I don't think it's beyond reason a civilization more advanced than us could master it. If you go faster than FTL you can arrive before you left. If they have anti grav tech, it would imply they are already capable of FTL, as manipulating gravity is effectively the same as manipulating time.

I recommend people read Jacques Valles work, he dives into the history of ufo like encounters and the patterns go back as far as recorded history.

Supposedly consciousness plays an important role in UFO activity, the more we talk about it, the more it happens. The 50s was alight with saucer talk and the whitehouse got buzzed at its peak, and we're talking about it more and more now and we're seeing a similar uptick in activity. The CIA tricked everyone into believing it wasn't happening, now the cats out of the bag so it it'll be interesting to see what happens. Provided we don't blow ourselves up.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We have a pretty good idea of what you would need to travel faster than light, I don't think it's beyond reason a civilization more advanced than us could master it. If you go faster than FTL you can arrive before you left. If they have anti grav tech, it would imply they are already capable of FTL, as manipulating gravity is effectively the same as manipulating time.

I recommend people read Jacques Valles work, he dives into the history of ufo like encounters and the patterns go back as far as recorded history.

Supposedly consciousness plays an important role in UFO activity, the more we talk about it, the more it happens. The 50s was alight with saucer talk and the whitehouse got buzzed at its peak, and we're talking about it more and more now and we're seeing a similar uptick in activity. The CIA tricked everyone into believing it wasn't happening, now the cats out of the bag so it it'll be interesting to see what happens. Provided we don't blow ourselves up.
light speed travel is not feasible because of the energy required. one small ship would take more energy than the Earth can produce. thats why wormholes is a better option.