The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
light speed travel is not feasible because of the energy required. one small ship would take more energy than the Earth can produce. thats why wormholes is a better option.
This is a good video explaining the problems with FTL travel:

But it left me wondering that maybe FTL travel IS possible but the things that break causality simply aren't possible to perform? He makes the assumption that one could transmit FTL information while traveling at sub-light speeds. Maybe you can't?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lex Fridman brings up ET life pretty regularly. Agree or disagree they’re some really interesting bits. A few bookmarks based on chapter titles:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This one is fascinating. I've never even heard of the Black Knight satellite.

I haven't watched that, and won't, but please tell me that it mentions somewhere in the video that it is a tarp/fabric/sail from a previous craft. Because that's exactly what it is. It hasn't been there for 13000 years, and if that video is claiming such, they are either purposely leaving it out or they did absolutely zero real research.

Also, that series of videos above that ToeMissile linked...Liv Boeree looks pretty fucking hot. Is that video just some general thoughts type stuff, or does it go full on Lazar nuts? Because on the one hand I'm interested to hear what rational people think, and on the other if she believes half the stuff people here do, it is likely that butt stuff is on the menu!

• 1Solidarity

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This one is fascinating. I've never even heard of the Black Knight satellite.

Yeah, we went over that a few years ago. These images are a tarp or covering that came loose.
There are other images and historical markers out there that depict the BKS though and it remains and ongoing piece of intrigue.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
it is likely that butt stuff is on the menu!
Lauren Conrad Nod GIF by The Hills

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I haven't watched that, and won't, but please tell me that it mentions somewhere in the video that it is a tarp/fabric/sail from a previous craft.
He does. The way he structures his videos is he covers all the urban legend details then in the latter half he presents the debunking info. There are still many details that are puzzling about this one, though.

Also, you're missing out. He is NOT some crackpot conspiracy theorist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
He does. The way he structures his videos is he covers all the urban legend details then in the latter half he presents the debunking info. There are still many details that are puzzling about this one, though.

Also, you're missing out. He is NOT some crackpot conspiracy theorist.
When will we learn that people like void and the fatgayogre think everyone that doesn't agree with them is a crackpot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When will we learn that people like void and the fatgayogre think everyone that doesn't agree with them is a crackpot.
Void isnt that dipshit who dislikes everyone's posts. he's just being practical and cynical here. we have discussed the black knight tarp thingy here many many times. not everyone has heard about it so a channel usually has to explain the whole thing. it also fills time out so they can get to that magic ten minute number on youtube. i didnt watch the Philadelphia Experiment video, but i hope they explained that the whole thing was based on an overheard conversation about a ship being invisible and not understanding they meant invisible to sonar and not actually invisible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
While it might seem like that, that's because not a single thing posted here has ever convinced me of anything. Sure, I can't give you an explanation for everything, but that doesn't mean there isn't one that doesn't involve extraterrestrials and/or their technology. Same with the supernatural. As Mulder said, people WANT to believe. That doesn't mean they are right.

The sad fact is that I am one of those people that would absolutely fucking LOVE it if (benign) aliens made their appearance known. Hell, I might even be ok with hostile ones if they somehow were capable of getting here but not able to immediately enslave us or wipe us out, because it might actually unite the fucking planet instead of all this divisiveness we currently have. And on a more cynical note, do you think we're going to be hiring for diversity in the tech sector if we know that an alien armada is on its way? Fuck no, diversity and wokeness will die a sudden and glorious death. Bring on the motherfucking aliens, at this point I'd welcome an intergalactic war over fucking clown world.

The difference between me and most of the people in this thread is that it would take a lot, lot, lot more evidence before I will consider that literally the most extreme explanation (aliens) is the only reasonable one left. And so far, nothing has produced that level of evidence. Eyewitness accounts, insider leaks, videos...none of them rise to the level needed to make me exclude the fact that people are unreliable observers or just straight up shitty people. I've said it for years since MFF made me watch that awful video about Bob Lazar...show me the fucking Element that he claims to have hidden away, prove to me that it is really is what he claims, and I'll start admitting that perhaps I was wrong. But until that happens, Lazar and everyone associated with him is nothing but a fucking con man. Or perhaps just massively delusional, because I know it is completely possible that some of these people think this shit actually happened to them. If Oprah can have people "hypnotized" and suddenly remember childhood trauma that didn't exist before, and is probably completely made up, then I'm sure some loser like Lazar can make himself believe all the shit he says actually happened. Doesn't mean that it did. And that's why he's a "crackpot." Not everyone who allows for the possibility of aliens is a crackpot despite what you say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong for disagreeing with them either.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
While it might seem like that, that's because not a single thing posted here has ever convinced me of anything. Sure, I can't give you an explanation for everything, but that doesn't mean there isn't one that doesn't involve extraterrestrials and/or their technology. Same with the supernatural. As Mulder said, people WANT to believe. That doesn't mean they are right.

The sad fact is that I am one of those people that would absolutely fucking LOVE it if (benign) aliens made their appearance known. Hell, I might even be ok with hostile ones if they somehow were capable of getting here but not able to immediately enslave us or wipe us out, because it might actually unite the fucking planet instead of all this divisiveness we currently have. And on a more cynical note, do you think we're going to be hiring for diversity in the tech sector if we know that an alien armada is on its way? Fuck no, diversity and wokeness will die a sudden and glorious death. Bring on the motherfucking aliens, at this point I'd welcome an intergalactic war over fucking clown world.

The difference between me and most of the people in this thread is that it would take a lot, lot, lot more evidence before I will consider that literally the most extreme explanation (aliens) is the only reasonable one left. And so far, nothing has produced that level of evidence. Eyewitness accounts, insider leaks, videos...none of them rise to the level needed to make me exclude the fact that people are unreliable observers or just straight up shitty people. I've said it for years since MFF made me watch that awful video about Bob Lazar...show me the fucking Element that he claims to have hidden away, prove to me that it is really is what he claims, and I'll start admitting that perhaps I was wrong. But until that happens, Lazar and everyone associated with him is nothing but a fucking con man. Or perhaps just massively delusional, because I know it is completely possible that some of these people think this shit actually happened to them. If Oprah can have people "hypnotized" and suddenly remember childhood trauma that didn't exist before, and is probably completely made up, then I'm sure some loser like Lazar can make himself believe all the shit he says actually happened. Doesn't mean that it did. And that's why he's a "crackpot." Not everyone who allows for the possibility of aliens is a crackpot despite what you say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong for disagreeing with them either.
the best i can give somebody like Bob Lazar is that he was severely mistaken as to what he saw and it was a mockup of some alien ship/aliens or maybe it was a psy-op to fool the bumpkins in rural areas to distract them from whatever actual secret military testing operation we had going during the Cold War. i was a "UFO guy" for decades. as i said before in this thread, it was the lack of anything tangible in the digital camera age that convinced me that all UFO stuff is bullshit. everyone has a hi rez camera in their backpockets now. even the most deep woods redneck has a 1080p camera with them at all times and still nothing? really? why did ET have a boner for cocaine anal probe parties in the boonies during the 70s, but cant be bothered anymore?

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
500ft tall black spinning beer cans ain't our drones bro, neither are the spheres!
Seriously, open invitation. Just nut up and get out here. That goes for anybody.
If they are that common, get some internet clout and take some clear videos bro. You'd be the first!

• 1Like