The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

How credible do we think this one is? It doesn't look like any kind of reflection trick.

I saw something I couldn't identify the other day. A shiny object flying around above a river and disappearing, then reappearing, for about 5 minutes. It was too far away to get a good look at or get any kind of recording of. It could have been a drone, but I've never heard of a drone that can vanish and then reappear a few seconds later. It looked kind of round, too.

Was a super weird thing I saw. I bet there's like a 90% chance it was something explainable. Wish I could have gotten closer to get a better look though.

Weirdest thing is, the next day there was this random explosion above the same part of the river. About 20 feet in the air, a boom and a flash, followed by a bunch of smoke hovering high up and dissipating. Was closer this time, there were no people around, no nothing.

Again, probably some mundane explanation, but I don't know. Can't say I've seen anything this weird in a long time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
How credible do we think this one is? It doesn't look like any kind of reflection trick.

I saw something I couldn't identify the other day. A shiny object flying around above a river and disappearing, then reappearing, for about 5 minutes. It was too far away to get a good look at or get any kind of recording of. It could have been a drone, but I've never heard of a drone that can vanish and then reappear a few seconds later. It looked kind of round, too.

Was a super weird thing I saw. I bet there's like a 90% chance it was something explainable. Wish I could have gotten closer to get a better look though.

Weirdest thing is, the next day there was this random explosion above the same part of the river. About 20 feet in the air, a boom and a flash, followed by a bunch of smoke hovering high up and dissipating. Was closer this time, there were no people around, no nothing.

Again, probably some mundane explanation, but I don't know. Can't say I've seen anything this weird in a long time.
Sounds like you had a close encounter with some swamp gas emissions that caused hallucinations!

More seriously, maybe it was some redneck with a drone fucking around with payloads. Bandwagon Bandwagon can confirm no doubt.

However, maybe you saw a sphere triangulation but didn't sight the other 2 spheres.

Sounds like a freaky experience with the explosion. EMP maybe?

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>

Was there weather? Ball lightning?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Was there weather? Ball lightning?

First sighting was a bright sunny day. The only reason I even saw the thing I saw was because the sun kept glinting off of it as it moved around erratically. I thought it might be a seagull for a second, but after watching it for a few minutes, it was metal and rounder. It kept disappearing, but it might have been getting swallowed up by the sun's light because the sun was basically behind it and to the left a bit. I had to look through a window corner blocking out the sun to even get a good look at the object.

The second thing (the explosion) was a rainy day. There was a bright flash and a boom. The bright flash lit up the room I was in, from roughly 300 feet away. So I go look over at the river and see a big plume of smoke in the air above the river, with no people or anything in sight. The smoke was moving fast, so fast that the whole plume disappeared within another 5 seconds or so.

• 2Like

jreacher2

Hoofshots 1.0 Member
I didn't see this posted yet:

The video in the article is worth watching.

Possibly some type of light show from the ground. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
  • 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I didn't see this posted yet:

The video in the article is worth watching.

Possibly some type of light show from the ground. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ya, kind of looks like spotlights from a few angles, but could easily be someone playing with a drone swarm. Interesting that it was seen across the state though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This is actually good news for WBs going forward.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
For anyone that's lost on the current status of this ongoing disclosure, just watch this. It's short, professional (for a youboob channel), and gets you right up to speed.

• 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Never seen the orange and green motif. Nice to know that our new tech has the most important feature of all, ship reskin DLC.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Interesting stuff down on earth...google earth to be precise.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Interesting stuff down on earth...google earth to be precise.

I used to watch Dark5 all the time. Really good channel with a lot of spooky-ass videos about a variety of subjects.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I always find Garry Nolan fascinating and he doesn't disappoint in this video. First 50 minutes are a great summary of where we were and what we know now. Last 10 mins are packed with new info, detection methods, communication attempts etc It's well worth the watch.

• 1Like

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Randall Carlson followed up on the plasmoid tech he mentioned on Rogan. Right now it looks like it uses plasmoids to capture energy and repurpose it. One example is capturing the energy of the exhaust of a car into plasmoids Another is a jet engine where the exhaust is used a plasmoid which makes a vacuum to propel the plane forward. They claim a 90% reduction in the weight of the jet engine to produce the equivalent thrust.

They're going to license it for free but they will offer online/in person training for a cost. I don't know enough to evaluate if it's bullshit or not but they did seem to have working prototypes. Could be a grift but the device to capture the engine exhaust energy would be very cheap to build which would make it a rather stupid grift. So this may well be legit.

Last edited: