Aniara (2018)

Fedor

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Aniara (2018)

Genre: Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Pella Kågerman, Hugo Lilja

Cast: Emelie Jonsson, Arvin Kananian, Bianca Cruzeiro, Anneli Martini, Jennie Silfverhjelm, Peter Carlberg, Emma Broomé, Jamil Drissi, Leon Jiber, Juan Rodríguez, David Nzinga, Dakota Trancher Williams, Elin Lilleman Eriksson, Agnes Lundgren, Alexi Carpentieri, Masoud Owji, Andreas Wicklund

Release: 2018-09-06

Runtime: 106

Plot: Aniara is the story of one of the many spaceships used for transporting Earth's population to their new home-planet Mars. But just as Aniara leaves the ruined Earth, she collides with an asteroid and is knocked off her course. Aniara's passengers slowly realize that they'll never be able to return; they will continue onwards through an empty and cold universe forever.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
“Know what would make a cool looking space ship... this stick of ram”

Sorry, first thought at the still.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It looks pretty fucking good and interesting! But, I'm just a stupid white male, so I'm waiting on Brie Larson to tell me what to think.

• 4Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
For some reason, I thought someone was adapting Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep since that's the only place I can remember the name Aniara being used.
Aniara is the name of the Nijoran fleet pursuing the genocidal Death To Vermin fleet at the bottom of the Beyond. Since the Nijorans are descendants of norwegian colonists, that makes sense for a norwegian lost-in-space spaceship

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This looked interesting at the beginning of the trailer and then started getting a little out there towards the end. Do they run into some sort of Star Trekky anomaly out there, or is this all fever dreams of the slowly growing insane passengers.

The clip of them kneeling and praying to space, and then in that room with the weird ceiling leads me to believe this to be fever dreams........

Also, as per some of my more recent movie posts where one has to be SJW perceptive, I noted the lead is in a lesbian couple just to check off a box or two for the virtue signalers.

Anyway, definitely something I would be interested to see. I have been on a kick of low budget, or should I say not AAA budget, sci fi/horror of late, and this fits in there well. You can get really good and really bad in this genre, but finding the really good ones is its own reward!

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This looked interesting at the beginning of the trailer and then started getting a little out there towards the end. Do they run into some sort of Star Trekky anomaly out there, or is this all fever dreams of the slowly growing insane passengers.

The clip of them kneeling and praying to space, and then in that room with the weird ceiling leads me to believe this to be fever dreams........

Also, as per some of my more recent movie posts where one has to be SJW perceptive, I noted the lead is in a lesbian couple just to check off a box or two for the virtue signalers.

Anyway, definitely something I would be interested to see. I have been on a kick of low budget, or should I say not AAA budget, sci fi/horror of late, and this fits in there well. You can get really good and really bad in this genre, but finding the really good ones is its own reward!
Aniara - Wikipedia

I only read a summary/review years ago but I want to say the lesbian thing was always in the story, instead of modern virtue signaling. But yeah, it's your second guess, people just go fucking crazy as they accept that there is no hope whatsoever.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Aniara - Wikipedia

I only read a summary/review years ago but I want to say the lesbian thing was always in the story, instead of modern virtue signaling. But yeah, it's your second guess, people just go fucking crazy as they accept that there is no hope whatsoever.

Well, poop. I would have preferred actual science fiction instead of psychology. It would be a must watch on the former and a probably pass on the latter.

And, as I stated previously, I hate that I noted and had to mention the lesbian couple, but thanks for the clarity on the source material. Actually makes me feel a little better, if that doesn't sound odd haha.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just rented this, I thought it was pretty good and it didn't get too weird at all like the previews made it out. Things played out about how you'd expect. Decent ending, one problem/question though which has to do with something that happens, so don't read it if you plan on watching this:

what was that craft they brought aboard, did I miss it or are we just to assume it was alien or something?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database