Animal Crossing New Horizons for Switch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
This is the only game my wife will play, I actually bought the AC switch for her and this (and Ring Fit) will be the only games she plays. Its a cool looking switch though

3631012-9027549003-EPnB27WXkAAGOko

getting the game digitally friday, I'll play with her for a while (on my switch) since apparently each console has its own island or some shit and she wants me to have an island so she can get shit fuck if I know whats going on.

I'm also making a dozen or so amiibo's for her, its pretty easy with an android phone and NFC 215 cards/coins, you can buy them on amazon and download bin files from nfc-bank.com. I'll post more detailed instructions here later if anyone wants them.

Anyways just thought I'd start a thread, I expect to dip out of the game quickly since its not my kinda thing but I'm sure people here with kids stuck at home will want to play with their families. Nintendo Lite's are also probably gonna be a great way to play this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was going to get one for my son, it would be his first console. Looks like amazon is sold out though, it’s only 3rd party sellers and they are scalper prices. I already think this is an overly expensive console so no way am I doing that. Hopefully the price calms down not long after release and I can pick one up. May have to check other places.

spronk

FPS noob
Its popped up a few times on amazon for $299, if you follow wario64 on twitter you can get an alert but he sends out 100+ tweets a day so not sure its realistic if you are busy. Best Buy, Target and walmart also had it up for a brief period. I've heard its not a single shot release and they will make more of them but I dunno. You can also try offerup and letgo apps, I've seen a few around me for $350 range which is slightly above with tax but dunno if those were scams or something.

I'd honestly recommend a switch lite for a kid though, most don't care about playing on TVs, the form factor is better, and not being able to detach joy cons is better for most kids unless they are super careful about handling stuff.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'll prob pick the game up for my wife, I don't get it personally, but she played the mobile version for awhile and really liked it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I wouldn't take Gamespot's review to mean anything. Unless you can control a black chick and have some type of liberal slanted message in there, that Kallie chick is a fucking retard when it comes to reviewing games.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I love me some animal crossing. Easily in my top 5 favorites of all time. Not sure why, harvest moon is up there too but have been playing since GameCube and dislike pocket camp.

Other than that, pretty excited. It's a relaxing game to play and the social sphere of friends that I play with tend to be of a different variety.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Don't know anything about AC. Is this like a cute version of Minecraft? Anything dangerous in the game? My 7 year old son loves Minecraft. Is this something he might like? I watched a few videos but I'm failing to see the appeal.

Side note: He was pissed off when I went 50/50 with his money to buy Mario Cart. He swore he was going to hate it and now it's all he plays lol

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Don't know anything about AC. Is this like a cute version of Minecraft? Anything dangerous in the game? My 7 year old son loves Minecraft. Is this something he might like? I watched a few videos but I'm failing to see the appeal.

Side note: He was pissed off when I went 50/50 with his money to buy Mario Cart. He swore he was going to hate it and now it's all he plays lol

YEah this is meant for a 7 year old. Completely safe :)

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I wouldn't take Gamespot's review to mean anything. Unless you can control a black chick and have some type of liberal slanted message in there, that Kallie chick is a fucking retard when it comes to reviewing games.

I trust the 8 score more than the rest lol

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The appeal is collecting, followed by designing. The rest falls in between dialog with villagers and aesthetics.

Think Sims, the people who actually play the game versus the people who just built houses and cheated money.. But in this case you can't cheat money. That's the general audience in a nutshell.

Its not for everybody. The people I know who play it tend to be a variety of artists(industry, not just degree and at Starbucks), cosplayers, extreme casuals, and Nintendo loyalists including Smash players and Pokemon VGC.

I'd be surprised if a 7 yrold would enjoy it, but that's because I expect them to have the NA gaming problem of requiring a lot of twitch and fidget. If he's about creative, and the occasional survival.. Or survival to build in MC, then I guess there is a higher chance he would enjoy it.

The 8 plus scores makes sense if you know the franchise.. The last iterations since New Leaf(3ds) have been cuckshows with micro trans camp and wtf is happy home designer. New Horizon adds a fuck ton of QoL, additional content, and expanded upon multi-player. Other than that, it's a big Nintendo favorite.

Surprised to see a thread on FoH for it. Granted wife and kids makes sense.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My nephews loved the original one. They were in the 6-10 year old time frame at the time.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I never played any version of this game. Would 9 and 10 year old boys like this game?

EDIT: Bah post above me says ages 6-10. So, yes?

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm fucking hyped for this game! After I finishing murdering Yokai and Doomons I'm going on vacation to my island paradise.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I never played any version of this game. Would 9 and 10 year old boys like this game?

I’m pretty sure yes.

So I’m trying to find one of the switches and they’re all bought and being scalped on eBay. Fuck those scumbags. Anyone know if there will be more releases of the animal cross labeled switch? I’d like to get one but if it’s months away I’ll just get a normal switch and the game I guess.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

And then you’ll want to play just to test the waters. And then you will not let your kids play. And they will cry. And you’ll say, “shut up damnit! I have to pay Nook his mortgage, he’s like the Al Capone of Disney!”

Then you will end up using your toilet paper budget on more switches. And this is how Nintendo will win.

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I forsee sales for this being through the fucking roof. A little slice of stability is extremely compelling right now.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Will pick this up for the kid (and myself). Need something to do for like 30min when she finishes her distsnce learning and both my wife still are wrapping up work.